Star Wars Episode VIII The Last Jedi News, Rumors, Trailers, SPOILER WARNING

Chewy030

31 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

FUCK YEAH

Do they not have them in Kansas @Ghent?

There are a few of them in Wichita I think, but it's not really a thing here. IHOPs hold that market I guess.

I think I've only eaten at Denny's once come to think of it. it wasn't very good, a lot like IHOP

1 hour ago, Alan Rickman said:

I like being a regular at places like these because once you get in good with the waiters you can get some extra perks and stuff. 

I discovered a Safeway near my house that is closing down in July. I went there to grab a sandwich (really underrated sandwiches btw, they're better than Subway/Quiznos IMO). The lady there was pretty distraught because she was going to be losing her job in a few months. She had mentally checked out at this point. She gave me extra bacon, cheese, and guacamole and charged me $1.99 for my sandwich that would normally be $5.69 + tax. She told me she didn't give a fuck anymore because she couldn't get fired for a job she no longer had. I've been going there pretty regularly now. 

TL;DR go to a store/restaurant that is closing soon because their employees no longer give a shit and will give you free stuff. 

• Like 3

One summer I was checking out in a Kroger (grocery store) and this guy rang up like, only half of my items, and was asking me what I was up to this weekend. I told him I was gonna go to the river and try to stay cool while out and about, etc. He was like "That sounds wonderful mannnnnn." He was clearly stoned or stupid, but he basically gave me $30 of free stuff. No clue why this guy did this or if he realized it. Nice guy. Never saw him again.

• Like 2

Seeing it tomorrow night as well. A little bit scared it's going to be too commercial feeling/standard Marvel affair based on reviews I read. But critic reviews are often out of touch when it comes to "getting" Star Wars, I'm still cautiously optimistic.

I haven’t read any reviews but I’ve seen people post about its average rotten tomatoes score. I’m cautiously optimistic too. I rarely agree with reviews anyway when it comes to Star Wars. I loved the prequels that everyone hated. Didn’t love TFA and it got rave reviews. I have hope that this will be a fun movie. Definitely not expecting it to be my favorite Star Wars movie or anything like that, but I hope it’s still a fun time!

Most of the audience reviews so far praise it for being full of fun fan service, which obviously the last film was not heavy with. 

The critics have hardly mentioned fan service, which means they probably aren’t knowledgeable enough to recognize it. 

I’m hoping for a movie that is SW NERD friendly, not something generic meant only for the brainless masses. 

Very strange feeling going into this one

• Like 1

I agree, the feeling going into this movie is very strange compared to any other SW movie.

I doubt I’ll hate it though. Even TFA—my least favorite SW movie—is entertaining to me. I’m sure I’ll enjoy Solo even if it’s not amazing. I’m a lot more optimistic than I used to be though. I’m actually looking forward to it, and there was a long time that I didn’t even want this movie to be made.