Kanye West

boxelder

might be good to have a new thread discussing him/his music/everything else he does.

i doubt many here are a fan, but what are the opinions on T.L.O.P? and what is up with his very public mental breakdown in the past week? i've been a kanye fan since he got big, and i love almost all of his albums. he's said some crazy shit before but i feel like this week he's reaching some sort of new low. he raps about being off his anti-depressants on his new record (which probably was recorded in the last few weeks) and i honestly think the man needs some help

"Mr. West has had the most sui generis hip-hop career of the last decade. No rapper has embodied hip-hop’s often contradictory impulses of narcissism and social good quite as he has, and no producer has celebrated the lush and the ornate quite as he has. He has spent most of his career in additive mode, figuring out how to make music that’s majestic and thought-provoking and grand-scaled. And he's also widened the genre's gates, whether for middle-class values or high-fashion and high-artdreams."

a good summation of why he has the highest appeal of any artist out there.

So I just want to say, for those of you over the years who said rich celebrities couldn't go broke. Who fought me tooth and nail "Tom can't go broke, Billie Joe can't go broke".

Once again, Shredder OIiver was right.

Kayne likely makes more than both those clowns put together and the moron is $53 in debt. That couldn't have happened to a better person BTW. I detest Kayne. You reap what you sew.

12 hours ago, Olidamus said:

So I just want to say, for those of you over the years who said rich celebrities couldn't go broke. Who fought me tooth and nail "Tom can't go broke, Billie Joe can't go broke".

Kayne likely makes more than both those clowns put together and the moron is $53 in debt. That couldn't have happened to a better person BTW. I detest Kayne. You reap what you sew.

What about you saying Billie Joe Armstrong would be broke by now?

13 hours ago, Olidamus said:

If what you say is true then I'm pretty sure this albums sales will clear that debt no problem.

I see a stark difference in how Kanye uses his money and how the likes of Tom uses his money.  It's no mystery Kanye is so in debt now, but if Tom uses his money how he does now, sure I could see him going broke in like 20 years, hut he's just not wasting his money quick enough to be where Kanye is anytime soon.