Kanye West

boxelder

First of all, there is a good chance that he is currently low on funds because he funded three seasons of his fashion line in one swoop. $40 million right there. Take away all of the other things he spends money on, and you get some debt. Putting his album on fucking Tidal doesn't help him, at all. If he were truly that far indebted at this point in time, he still would not actually be broke, because when you are handling that much money in expected income, it will always come back. It's all inflated numbers, and no one can actually pinpoint how he could possibly be $53 million in the red. I'm not sure what's going on with him right now, but he's freaking the fuck out and saying a lot. He could be that broke, but we're basing this off of his rabid-dog tweeting.

Also, TLOP is an EXCELLENT album, critical and personal opinion, and I love it. It's fully up to your personal opinion to like or dislike him, but objectively, he hasn't been a shitty artist since x or y time period, he's consistently put together critically-acclaimed music. As a person, I don't really fucking care because he's trolling 90% of the time anyway.

Eh, Kanye at least has relevance. He's one of rap most celebrated artist and basically could make 100 Million in a year if he wanted to. Tom Delonge not so much. I really doubt he's in debt the point he's going to go under.

A lot of people say this guy has talent. I don't see it, but that doesn't mean it ain't there. I don't get the music, it sounds like noise.

I mean, people love Jay Z, and I sat 3 rows back at one of his shows, and he came out and it was like "BOW chicka box chika yo yo box chica, BOOM BOOOm Bow Chicak BOOOM YOYOYOYOY BOOOM BOOOOOMMMMMMAJHsdjhasjdfhjkashdjkashdjk"

at ear piercing levels. With a bunch of doped out idiots. I literally put up with about 5 minutes of it before I began to walk to my car. Soon that walk turned into a run because I literally could still hear that shit behind me. All I could think was "MAKE IT STOP" it was like torture.

if you aren't a fan of hip hop, oliver, there isn't much one can do to convince you kanye is worth a damn. but he's made six (seven, if you count the newest, and most are it seems) consistently great albums, some absolute classics. that run is unparalleled not just in his genre but in popular music. there aren't many artists (especially in rap) who debuted in 2004 still relevant and still making great music. much of that has been subverting what was expected and making things ahead of his time (808s, yeezus). the man's public persona is grating and annoying, and i can't defend much of it, but at least the music speaks for itself near everytime.

• Like 1

I'm not a hip hop head but I love Kanye West. I can't think of another artist who's has as much popularity, impact on culture, pushing music at large, or as consistently good as him currently going. He's a decent rapper, but an amazing producer. I also think Yeezus was quite good if not my least favorite record of his. It's an A- record for me and it's my least favorite. That's how much I dig Kanye. I'm also one of those weird people who likes Graduation the best. In fact....

Graduation > My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy > Late Registration > The College Dropout > 808 & Heartbreaks > Yeezus

I won't listen to Pablo until its free from Tidal. Watch The Throne is something I can't get into because I'm not a huge fan of Jay-Z and it just turns me off.

for me it goes MBDTF > late registration > college dropout/yeezus > 808s/graduation > TLOP. i feel like MBDTF and LR are his two most cohesive records. the thing is though is that all of these are good, even TLOP, which only is last because the high standards set before it. i love graduation too, but there were a lot of tracks on it that turned me off, namely barry bonds and drunk and hot girls.

Seems to me that Kanye probably could make back all his losses with one big world tour (to regions where he has large fan bases).  A musician on his level would likely make at least half a million at each show (perhaps less after all the money has to be distributed to all else involved, but you get my point).  If he did about 100 shows within a year, I'm certain he could pay of fhis debts.  I'm not a fan of his music, but he has plenty of fans, he's not Tom Delonge struggling to maintain even a portion of his fanbase, they all seem to still be there continuing to support kanye, despite how fucking nuts he seems to be.