On 6/23/2017 at 5:33 PM, daveyjones said:

btw, if anyone is interested in making one of these replicas, your best body option is the Fender Squier Deluxe Hot Rails Strat:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/squier-deluxe-hot-rails-strat-electric-guitar/519754000215000

right colors and neck; knobs and switch cap need to be swapped to white. electronics are decent, just upgrade the pickups. and then start stickering away.

I personally would go with the Fender Squier Deluxe Strat. 

http://shop.fender.com/en-US/squier-electric-guitars/stratocaster/deluxe-stratocaster/0300500523.html

Same color, neck would need to be swapped (regular size head as opposed to 70's style), knobs and switch cap are white, swap all pickups, new pickguard (or make the bridge pickup slot larger in original one). 

But to each their own, its your call.

Just now, Q182 said:

I personally would go with the Fender Squier Deluxe Strat. 

http://shop.fender.com/en-US/squier-electric-guitars/stratocaster/deluxe-stratocaster/0300500523.html

Same color, neck would need to be swapped (regular size head as opposed to 70's style), knobs and switch cap are white, swap all pickups, new pickguard (or make the bridge pickup slot larger in original one). 

i thought about it, but i'd rather swap the smaller hardware to white than fuck with the neck. 

On 6/23/2017 at 3:38 PM, daveyjones said:

SOMA, january 27, 1996. many things to note here... "big brother," more airwalks, "SHORT LIVED TOUR OF DUTY 92," and the "I DON'T WANNA GROW UP" that was snipped off the album cover sticker between the pickups. rhythm collision has been added:

delonge-guitar-02.jpg

Under the NOFX sticker there is a part of the 'I Don't Wanna Grow Up' album cover sticker (the title). This photo was also featured in Tales From Beneath Your Mom. Also any clue what the green sticker under Gorilla Biscuits might be?

29 minutes ago, Q182 said:

Under the NOFX sticker there is a part of the 'I Don't Wanna Grow Up' album cover sticker (the title). This photo was also featured in Tales From Beneath Your Mom. Also any clue what the green sticker under Gorilla Biscuits might be?

yes, i noted that i don't want to grow up came from the album cover sticker.

yes, i scanned the image from anne's book.

the green sticker, that end letter is a 't.' i haven't identified that one yet.

2 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

yes, i noted that i don't want to grow up came from the album cover sticker.

yes, i scanned the image from anne's book.

the green sticker, that end letter is a 't.' i haven't identified that one yet.

Yeah. Regarding the green one under Gorilla Biscuits, on my friends replica he identified it as 'mint'.

On 6/24/2017 at 11:25 PM, daveyjones said:

interesting... i don't know of any bands or skate brands with that name

The person who made the replica is a friend of mine and we discuss these stickers often. We were so hung up on this one and just guessed it was 'mint'. Made the most sense to me, given its proximity to the other stickers. 

2 minutes ago, Q182 said:

Me too. The person who made the replica is a friend of mine (who's interested in registering on the forum), and we discuss these stickers often. We were so hung up on this one and just guessed it was 'mint'. Made the most sense to me, given its proximity to the other stickers. 

i've having trouble with the scale of the smaller airwalk script stickers... they appear to vary in size from photo to photo. but they're clearly the same sticker. i'll be able to do better sizing when i have a strat in hand.

1 minute ago, daveyjones said:

i've having trouble with the scale of the smaller airwalk script stickers... they appear to vary in size from photo to photo. but they're clearly the same sticker. i'll be able to do better sizing when i have a strat in hand.

The way that I sized the smaller stickers was by having the larger stickers act as a guide. The one that appears to be the easiest to size correctly is from the january 27th, 1996 picture. 

On 7/24/2016 at 8:30 AM, Q182 said:

Hey everyone. Since I made the list of the stickers that are on this guitar, I may as well do a whole rundown of the guitar, if this ever becomes helpful to anyone. 

This guitar is indeed a real Fender Stratocaster (I've read other places that says it isn't for some reason), American made sometime in the 1990's, and started appearing around 1994 and used until 1997. It's specs include a 22 fret maple neck with a rosewood fingerboard and 2 screw bridge, finished in Olympic White with a 3 ply white/black/white pickguard. But that's where the similarities end. Aside from the stickers (most of which are listed above) this guitar once wore*, it's most prominent features are the pickups. It featured a white DiMarzio X2N set on an angle in the bridge position, similar to that of Blue, Billie Joe Armstrong's guitar. Tom's guitar also features a Seymour Duncan JB Jr. in the middle position and a Seymour Duncan Hot Rails in the neck position. The DiMarzio X2N is partially responsible for the guitar tones that are heard on Cheshire Cat, They Came To Conquer Uranus, Lemmings 7", Dude Ranch, I Won't Be Home For Christmas, and any video or recordings of the group from 1995-1997. He still has it to this day and it lives in the Angels And Airwaves studio, along with his other past Fenders and Gibsons. 

*Sometime in 1997, Tom took all the stickers off the guitar and had a different kind of design on it. He used it until the end of the year before he became more fond of Les Pauls. It has also been seen in a few photos that have been posted on Instagram. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask away. 

I don't know if this might be useful or not, you might have mentioned this somewhere on this thread, I was re-watching a live concert from 96 on youtube and found out that Tom had vintage style tuners on his "sticker strat" 

Video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJxThfknoss

If you pause at 18.55 you can see for yourself.

19458327_1579141278765325_1366180668_n.png

On 6/25/2017 at 8:00 AM, Andrew182 said:

I don't know if this might be useful or not, you might have mentioned this somewhere on this thread, I was re-watching a live concert from 96 on youtube and found out that Tom had vintage style tuners on his "sticker strat" 

Those aren't vintage style tuners. They're regular Fender American Strat tuners. I would know because vintage style tuners don't have a square base.

2 hours ago, Q182 said:

Those aren't vintage style tuners. They're regular Fender American Strat tuners. I would know because vintage style tuners are held together by two screws and the Fender tuners are held together by tiny pins.

They sure look like vintage Kluson tuners

Klusons-on-Schecter.jpg

2 hours ago, Andrew182 said:

They sure look like vintage Kluson tuners

i can't assess the tuners visually. however i find it unlikely that tom would have any interest in vintage (or even custom) gear during this time. and i doubt that his friend cam jones, who was sort of roadie / tech at the time, would know or care either.