19 minutes ago, Q182 said:

I would bring the queers felix image into adobe illustrator for image trace and then into photoshop for proper coloring.

yes i would too, but i have a career and a life. ;)

i'll draw it from scratch if i have to, otherwise i'll keep looking for the right source. if you would like to follow the course you've suggested, i'll wait to get a file from you.

16 minutes ago, Q182 said:

The typeset for Short Lived is Times New Roman.

na, not even close. look at that R.

short-lived.jpg

and the subtitle is a sans italic, likely helvetica or arial. i'll play around with my source scan and spec it properly...it's what i do for a living.

On 6/23/2017 at 3:38 PM, daveyjones said:

private birthday party, 1996. note that tom has given up on his gibson lightning strap. he wears this other marbled, textured strap throughout 1996:

guitar-08.jpg

WHISKY A-GO-GO, october 8, 1996:

guitar-01.jpg

SOMA, november 1, 1996:

guitar-14.jpg

I know this may seem strange, but by any chance do you know the brand of this strap? I know the lightning one is Gibson and the plain black one is Ernie Ball, but I've been searching for this one for months and nothing turned up.

2 minutes ago, Q182 said:

I know this may seem strange, but by any chance do you know the brand of this strap? I know the lightning on is Gibson and the plain black one is ernie ball, but I've been searching for this one for months and nothing turned up.

i never looked for it. tom got it about the same time mark got his red mickey mouse one. i can look through my photos and see if i have any better shots. and all the ones i posted i cropped to the guitar; some of those might reveal more.

Just now, daveyjones said:

i never looked for it. tom got it about the same time mark got his red mickey mouse one. i can look through my photos and see if i have any better shots. and all the ones i posted i cropped to the guitar; some of those might reveal more.

Yeah. All I know is that both of them are leather straps I think. 

14 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

na, not even close. look at that R.

short-lived.jpg

and the subtitle is a sans italic, likely helvetica or arial. i'll play around with my source scan and spec it properly...it's what i do for a living.

Yeah. Upon closer inspection, that definetely is not times. The subtitle is definetely a sans italic of a sort

4 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

where did you find this? i reversed it through tineye and came up with zilch.

I found it here: https://www.google.com/search?q=the+vandals+logo&rlz=1C1CHZL_enUS688US688&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjnrv6uoNrUAhUBoD4KHS3rDk0Q_AUICigB&biw=1600&bih=794#tbm=isch&q=the+vandals+sticker&imgrc=-Ez4nRj8wIPZrM:

2 hours ago, Q182 said:

According to my friend, the lettering for it is off of the Surf Goddess album cover

here's where i'm at with the queers research. where did you friend get the art for their felix cat?

tom's guitar / your friend's replica / felix found online by @Elisa / surf goddess album cover (lettering confirmed):

queers-research.jpg

27 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

here's where i'm at with the queers research. where did you friend get the art for their felix cat?

He got it from the same image that Elisa found. When my friend printed it, he colored it with purple and pink.

51 minutes ago, BlinkUnoDosTres said:

felix the cat is quite simple all you do is outline in pink and body parts like tail and hair and body are purple mayhe 1 inch outline

do you have a production file for this? (i.e. .psd etc). because i can take what you have and integrate the lettering.

6 hours ago, Elisa said:

That Vandals font comes from the album cover of Live Fast, Diarrhea. You could use this.vandals-the-504a73ab14a1a.png 

yea, it's franklin gothic condensed, the same typeface used by the descendents.

The_Vandals_-_Live_Fast,_Diarrhea_cover.

i typeset it in franklin, and then had to stretch the proportions a bit (you should never, ever stretch type, but it's the vandals, so i forgive 'em). redrew all the beziers over a super high res scan of the live fast cover art, and voila:

vandals.jpg