• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

IMG_0054.jpg

This is the real strat Tom used during 94-97. He took all the stickers off it around October-November 97 after the Uranus tour as said.

The picture is from November 26th Irvine, CA show.

Here is another picture from a Paris show on November 06th 97:

16kri1y.jpg

Now, this one is the backup strat which was seen and used at the San Bernardino show. I haven't seen Tom using this or a backup strat before September.

2017-06-23_1_LI.jpg

Here are better quality pictures of it from the San Bernardino show:

2ptyyb9.jpg

349as8n.jpg

You could see the backup guitar has a black humbucker and different but lookalike stickers.

I'm sure I have more pictures... the real strat with the white X2N was always a mystery to me. I dag it up ages ago.

• Like 1

On 7/25/2017 at 3:31 PM, Chesh said:

Here is another picture from a Paris show on November 06th 97

I think it might his ''real'' sticker strat and not the backup, look closely at the bottom of the pic, to me, it looks like the white Dimarzio X2N. Who knows what Tom did with it, he maybe just swapped the bridge pickup.

• Like 2

On 7/27/2017 at 6:45 AM, Chesh said:

I always thought it's arctic white.

Isn't olympic white more yellow than white?

Tom's original sticker strat is Olympic white. It's an American standard fender strat color. Arctic White is the color on the Mexican made strats.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, daveyjones said:

see, this is what i thought. mine is olympic white.

I guess some of the older MIM white strats were Olympic white. The director of my music school has one, completely stock. I think the confusion arose because since Tom's was plastered in stickers, the original color didn't change. 

On 7/25/2017 at 9:31 AM, Chesh said:

Hi all

IMG_0054.jpg

This is the real strat Tom used during 94-97. He took all the stickers off it around October-November 97 after the Uranus tour as said.

The picture is from November 26th Irvine, CA show.

Here is another picture from a Paris show on November 06th 97:

16kri1y.jpg

Now, this one is the backup strat which was seen and used at the San Bernardino show. I haven't seen Tom using this or a backup strat before September.

2017-06-23_1_LI.jpg

That's the original sticker strat, like mentioned above just without the band/skate stickers. The one at the San Bernadino show used on Josie and Touchdown Boy is a completely different guitar. 

• Like 1

Someone ahead of you

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tom-Delonge-fender-stratocaster-guitar-replica-blink-182-Cheshire-Cat-Dude-Ranch-/282590597351?hash=item41cbb650e7:g:W0kAAOSwrk5Ze07T

s-l1600.jpg

Also the cut of the humbucker looks from the upper side and not near the bridge.

I still think it looks better on arctic white.

Is there any mex body with a 2 point bridge prep? I prefer a mex body than a squier

• Like 2

That's honestly a laughable effort because almost everything about it is wrong.

1. The sticker sizes are 95% incorrect. The only ones that are the correct size are Lagwagon and Strung Out. 

2. The bottom part of the Strung Out sticker (where the T is) is supposed to be under the pickguard. 

3. The Lagwagon sticker is supposed to be overlapping the Strung Out sticker. 

4. There's no Descendents or 7 Seconds sticker on the back. 

5. Milo Goes To College is in the wrong spot. 

6. Missing stickers are I Don't Wanna Grow Up, Short Lived, Everything Falls Apart And More, Big Brother, pre-182 blue Ranma, and the two Airwalks under the Lagwagon sticker. 

7. The NOFX sticker is supposed to be dark blue.

8. The font for the Pennywise sticker should be ITC New Baskerville Bold, not Times New Roman.

9. Whoever made it didn't bother to sand off the Squier logo before applying the Descendents logo on the headstock.

10. The slot for the angled humbucker is cut incorrectly. 

11. The pickups are incorrect. The DiMarzio X2N is the wrong color and the neck and middle pickups are not the Seymour Duncan's

12. The neck is supposed to be the regular size Strat headstock, not the 70's style headstock.

13. The strap in incorrect. Tom switched to the black Ernie Ball strap when the guitar looked like this.

Also it likely could've been priced better but that's another story entirely. Still a solid effort even with the differences because it shows that the hype for the guitar is still there and that it hasn't faded into history.

@Chesh to answer your question, I don't think there are to my knowledge, but I am more than positive that someone would be willing to do that conversion for you. As far as the arctic vs. Olympic white, to each their own. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Q182 said:

Over the course of 12 hours, the replica on the bay went from $350 to THIS

2017-08-01.png

I still can't believe that in one day it went fom not even $350 to almost $1000!

Wow that's insane ! It's not a good replica of Tom's guitar since you did a list earlier now we know exactly which stickers are on it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Patient #48273 said:

And it's a Squier? Woof. Someone's going to seriously overpay.

I thought the same thing. But as I've said before, it shows that the hype is still there if someones paying nearly a grand for a replica that's not even of visual quality (I pointed out the all flaws in a previous post). Imagine what a better one would go for. In the case of a replica of one in general, I don't think anyone is going to want to buy an American Standard Stratocaster to have completely modded and stickered up. But as I like to say, to each their own.

• Like 2

On 7/31/2017 at 10:40 AM, Chesh said:

Someone ahead of you

i'm not quite sure what you mean. my strat will be for my own personal use. and all the sticker art will be as accurate as possible. this is a pile of inaccurate garbage, slapped onto a shitty squier to boot. it's really disgraceful that someone is putting out this kind of inferior "product" to make money. really shameful.

• Like 2

On 8/1/2017 at 10:47 PM, daveyjones said:

i'm not quite sure what you mean. my strat will be for my own personal use. and all the sticker art will be as accurate as possible. this is a pile of inaccurate garbage, slapped onto a shitty squier to boot. it's really disgraceful that someone is putting out this kind of inferior "product" to make money. really shameful.

He's referring to that someone already made a replica. But yeah, it's inaccurate. The fact that it's surpassing almost $1000 is beyond me. As I've said before, it shows that the hype is still there and not just an artifact. 

23 hours ago, Q182 said:

2017-08-03.png

short-lived.jpg

Figured out the typeset for Short Lived, its Helvetica Neue Serif. The "Tour Of Duty '92" subtitle still unsure, other than its italic. 

nah that's not it. The R is too wide. but moreover, that typeface family was not available until 2001.

• Like 1