@Q182 ok, i've done it!

i've mocked up all the stickers in laserjet black & white prints, and taped it all in place.

everything has been sized to the closest i can tell from the photographs i have. it took many, many revisions on many of them to get the scale right...impossible to do without the actual strat in hand. everything is just paper, so obviously things like pennywise aren't transparent.

there are some small differences that i had to account for, naturally. notably, the angled pickup is not custom cut into the factory pickguard, but is rather the standard position for the replacement pickguard for that position. so it's a bit closer to the middle pickup; on tom's, it's closer to the bridge. so my milo goes to college is cropped a bit tighter than on tom's axe.

the only missing part is what you think says "mint" behind the bridge, underneath the gorilla biscuits circle. i might make it, i might not. haven't decided yet. everything else is there, including the vandals V sticker (over airwalk and big brother) that's obscured by the lagwagon one.

the next step will be to prepare the production art for the cut vinyl stickers, transparently printed stickers, and print / cut vinyl stickers.

sticker_Strat_Mockup-01.jpg

sticker_Strat_Mockup-02.jpg

sticker_Strat_Mockup-03.jpg

sticker_Strat_Mockup-04.jpg

sticker_Strat_Mockup-05.jpg

sticker_Strat_Mockup-06.jpg

sticker_Strat_Mockup-07.jpg

• Like 4

9 hours ago, daveyjones said:

1.) what did it cost you? 2.) did you buy it in israel or elsewhere?

It costed 900$ with a new set of SD (250$ value), got it on ebay from the 1st owner which kept it for 28 years without even touching it... absolutely pristine condition.

Played a little bit with the lightning so it's really white now :)

IMG_20170904_131748_785.jpg

IMG_20170904_131359_729.jpg

I got a pickguard with a slanted humbucker from warmoth but it looks like yours, the cut is too close to the middle pickup.

• Like 2

So I did some more digging and discovered that there is a fifth airwalk sticker. 

Berkeley Square, 1995:

guitar-02.jpg

If you look closely it sits above the blue blink Ranma sticker. I would also like to believe that the black bar right next to it is the Milo Goes To College title from the album sticker.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Q182 said:

So I did some more digging and discovered that there is a fifth airwalk sticker. 

Berkeley Square, 1995:

guitar-02.jpg

If you look closely it sits above the blue blink Ranma sticker. I would also like to believe that the black bar right next to it is the Milo Goes To College title from the album sticker.

i'm not replicating stickers that got completely covered by other things (waste of time). the rhythm collision / strung out stickers fully cover both.

4 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

i'm not replicating stickers that got completely covered by other things (waste of time). the rhythm collision / strung out stickers fully cover both.

Fair enough. It would be a good reference point however if someone wanted the super early version before those stickers. 

4 minutes ago, Q182 said:

Fair enough. It would be a good reference point however if someone wanted the super early version before those stickers. 

that's true. also, i always thought the banding around the horn was something like electrical tape. but it would appear to have been drawn on. you can see it faded down to just two lines here (summer 97). i'm not sure if i'm going to include it or not; i'd rather not do anything to my strat that would be hard to undo later.

horn.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Chesh said:

I got a pickguard with a slanted humbucker from warmoth but it looks like yours, the cut is too close to the middle pickup.

that's what tom would have had. you can tell from the photos that a guitar shop clearly cut a larger slot right in position over the original one; that's why the his X2N is so close to the bridge.

XN2.jpg

15 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

that's true. also, i always thought the banding around the horn was something like electrical tape. but it would appear to have been drawn on. you can see it faded down to just two lines here (summer 97). i'm not sure if i'm going to include it or not; i'd rather not do anything to my strat that would be hard to undo later.

horn.jpg

True. When I do mine it'll be tape with just the two stripes. It also looks like the RC sticker suffered some battle scars as well.

here's some more info on the stripes on the horn:

horn-01.jpg
February 1995                                         June 1995                                                July 1995                                                January 1996

horn-02.jpg
October 1996                                          June 1997                                                 July 1997                                               August 1997

• Like 3