43 minutes ago, Thibaut182 said:

Are you guys going to go 100 % and re-create Tom's guitar case along with the stickers too ?

Never occurred to me, but probably not as there are not enough shots of the case. All I know is that it's a blue flight case with a giant airwalk sticker on the side (the regular airwalk, not the script one on the guitar).

I love that guitar because it had that unique sound that screamed "blink." The cheshire cat/dude ranch era was my favourite blink era, and, as I already said at the beginning of the thread, all those stickers got me into the coolest bands when I was 12/13/14, so it holds a special place for me.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Elisa said:

I love that guitar because it had that unique sound that screamed "blink."

absolutely. drop one of these into any strat body, pretty much:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/dimarzio-dp102-x2n-pickup/302021000002000

then get a high-gain tube amp head and you're set. tom used an ampeg VL-1002 (see other threads in this section), but any high gain from that era (marshall JMC 800 or 900 etc) will get you a good early 90s punk distortion sound.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, Q182 said:

Never occurred to me, but probably not as there are not enough shots of the case. All I know is that it's a blue flight case with a giant airwalk sticker on the side (the regular airwalk, not the script one on the guitar).

you can see it in the m+m's video (original cut) and elsewhere. it was stickered beyond belief.

• Like 2

Just now, daveyjones said:

you can see it in the m+m's video (original cut) and elsewhere. it was stickered beyond belief.

Yeah I know what you're referring to. Some older text only blink stickers are on it too. It never occurred to me to get the stickers on the case. 

20 minutes ago, Q182 said:

4 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

if you do all the research, i'll create the production art for the stickers. deal? 8)

I mean the only video where we can see his guitar case is the making of M&M's video but the quality is really bad to figure out the stickers on it to be honest

2 hours ago, daveyjones said:

if you do all the research, i'll create the production art for the stickers. deal? 8)

I guess, seems like a new challenge. All I can make of the stickers on there are the giant airwalk logo and text only blink stickers. I'll make sure to take a look at it.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Thibaut182 said:

probably my favorite video of blink on youtube with such amazing bands pennywise, pivit, unwritten law etc 

the good times tour was great. saw several of the shows here in the U.S. i still love pivit, a lot of people have forgotten about them.

thanks for this link, i have several stills from this footage but have never seen the whole clip!

2 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

the good times tour was great. saw several of the shows here in the U.S. i still love pivit, a lot of people have forgotten about them.

thanks for this link, i have several stills from this footage but have never seen the whole clip!

Pivit is a great band, I interviewed two members of the band and they are great people ! definitely would recommend all their albums to check out if you like early blink/unwritten law 

And no problem !

i wonder sometimes how many unseen and rare footage of blink exists out there, we've seen a lot surface lately (interviews, clips, etc)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Elisa said:

I love that guitar because it had that unique sound that screamed "blink." The cheshire cat/dude ranch era was my favourite blink era, and, as I already said at the beginning of the thread, all those stickers got me into the coolest bands when I was 12/13/14, so it holds a special place for me.

I'm right there with you. I don't think I would be who I am today if it wasn't for that guitar and blink in general.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Thibaut182 said:

i wonder sometimes how many unseen and rare footage of blink exists out there, we've seen a lot surface lately (interviews, clips, etc)

The most recent videos that were posted were the live performance of M+M's at the Equinox Festival in March '97 that aired on MTV and the partial Ben Wah Balls video from the Snowbored Festival in April of that same year. The latter is particularly one of my favorites because of the "CAN I GET AN AMEN?!"

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Elisa said:

all those stickers got me into the coolest bands when I was 12/13/14

this has always been super curious to me... i'm of tom's generation (we're pretty close in age) and i don't remember anyone listening to rock music (beyond top 40) until 15 or 16 years old. i wonder if the rise of blink had something to do with that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, daveyjones said:

this has always been super curious to me... i'm of tom's generation (we're pretty close in age) and i don't remember anyone listening to rock music (beyond top 40) until 15 or 16 years old. i wonder if the rise of blink had something to do with that.

I'm not from your generation so I'm going out on a limb with this, but I think blinks rise might've had to do with that because it sounded nothing like top 40 rock radio.