another 7 seconds discovery. the version of the logo for that blue sticker on the back of the guitar isn't the target version. it's the one with the peace sign worried face in the O, from their 1995 release, the music, the message:

MI0000085978.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

you can clearly see it on tom's shirt at the fort worth show:

tom-_TX.jpg

incidentally, that show was october 27, 1995. the music, the message came out ten days prior on oct 17. so these would have been record release stickers, promotional for that album.

art revised accordingly
revised.png

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

On 6/26/2017 at 9:12 AM, daveyjones said:

do you have a production file for this? (i.e. .psd etc). because i can take what you have and integrate the lettering.

felix the cat is quite simple all you do is outline in pink and body parts like tail and hair and body are purple mayhe 1 inch outline

I should have mentioned then, when he printed his out, he physically used markers to color it in.

On 9/13/2017 at 2:51 PM, daveyjones said:

i was at this performance...have the whole vid somewhere. it's a shame this one is just snips, and then throws a reebok commercial over the top for no reason. "rare fooatge" indeed.

This clip was spliced together from the Victory Records interview in '96.

2 hours ago, ryan1125 said:

Tom liked 7 Seconds so much

it's funny, they are one of those bands, like youth brigade or the vandals, where you have to ask "which 7 seconds" ? the early 80s hardcore version of the band is super, super different from the 1995 skate punk version, or the later nineties alterna-rock version.

• Like 1

On 23/09/2017 at 12:21 AM, Q182 said:

Oh okay. I have a feeling that they might be from the same show, but like you pointed out that the camo netting and background were all the same from show to show, I'm not guaranteeing. 

Yes it seems that it was on different shows from the Warped Tour 1997, i found some other pictures from another Blink show during the Warped Tour 1997 with the same exact camo netting background.

DCmark_tom1.jpg

DCtom_crowd1.jpg

DCtom_crowd2.jpg

Found some other (small pictures) of Tom with his guitar too !

1Tom.JPG

Tomsings.JPG

tom01.gif

tom10.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Andrew182 said:

since Shortbus was released in 94, does that mean Tom used his white sticker strat on that album?

No. As Davey mentioned previously, the white sticker strat was bought with the Cargo advance money for Cheshire Cat. Tom was still using the red strat at the time of Shortbus. 

• Like 1

On 9/22/2017 at 10:50 PM, Speedo said:

Can you reproduce stickers with out permission?

On 9/22/2017 at 10:52 PM, daveyjones said:

if joey cape emails me and asks me to take my own homemade lagwagon sticker off my own guitar, i guess i would humor him.

The person that makes the "replica" set of the stickers is walking a (read: VERY) fine line because he's bootlegging band and company logos. Making money off of this was never a part of the plan.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Here is another reference on the third generation bunny stickers:

image1_3.png

I am more than aware that this is the Billabong Les Paul. This is the closest shot of the sticker I could find. 

This is where the stickers were on the Strat; they're between the pickups and behind the bridge:

2017-06-23_1_LI.jpg

I'm guessing that Tom sliced up four of these '97'-'98 era stickers:

blink-182-bunny-logo-sticker-s0364.jpg