On 1/20/2018 at 3:34 PM, Q182 said:

I would like to suggest that like other stickers, the logo was cut out and then placed on the guitar.

it looks like the same design, but the scale is off. the sticker on ebay is photographed next to a chuck e cheese token, which is 1:1 for a US quarter. that makes this sticker way bigger than the one on tom's strat.

I just saw something really interesting, there is another shot of the back of the guitar other than that Warped Tour 1997 in Atlanta.

On this video from the last date of the Warped Tour 1996, he points to the back of his guitar (probably the Descendents sticker) and says that the Descendents got back together : it's at 4:01 in the video.

Too bad the video quality doesn't do justice like the M&M's video too

On 24/07/2016 at 7:30 AM, Q182 said:

Since I made the list of the stickers that are on this guitar, I may as well do a whole rundown of the guitar, if this ever becomes helpful to anyone. 

This guitar is indeed a real Fender Stratocaster (I've read other places that says it isn't for some reason), American made sometime in the 1990's, and started appearing around 1994 and used until 1997. It's specs include a 22 fret maple neck with a rosewood fingerboard and 2 screw bridge, finished in Olympic White with a 3 ply white/black/white pickguard. But that's where the similarities end. Aside from the stickers (most of which are listed above) this guitar once wore*, it's most prominent features are the pickups. It featured a white DiMarzio X2N set on an angle in the bridge position, similar to that of Blue, Billie Joe Armstrong's guitar. Tom's guitar also features a Seymour Duncan JB Jr. in the middle position and a Seymour Duncan Hot Rails in the neck position. The DiMarzio X2N is partially responsible for the guitar tones that are heard on Cheshire Cat, They Came To Conquer Uranus, Lemmings 7", Dude Ranch, I Won't Be Home For Christmas, and any video or recordings of the group from 1995-1997. He still has it to this day and it lives in the Angels And Airwaves studio, along with his other past Fenders and Gibsons. 

*Sometime in 1997, Tom took all the stickers off the guitar and had a different kind of design on it. He used it until the end of the year before he became more fond of Les Pauls. It has also been seen in a few photos that have been posted on Instagram. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask away. 

Also when the saddles were changed, I've got a feeling they were changed to graphtech (the black ones) these also have quite a big effect on the tone aswel, & would of contributed to Tom's sound. If you look closely they are offset saddles. I think the strings trees were changed at some point aswel as some pictures they are chrome & others they look black. Maybe also to graphtech as they came out in 1990 so people started changing to them the time Tom had that guitar. They also eliminate string breakage!

On 2/14/2018 at 7:57 AM, Andrew182 said:

Im pretty sure Billie Joe Armstrong also used or still uses Graphtech saddles, It feels alot like Billie's famous ''Blue strat'' inspired Tom's sticker strat in many ways

It's entirely possible. It's coincidental as well because the saddles on both the sticker strat and blue got changed at around the same time, which was 1996-97.

11 hours ago, Q182 said:

It's entirely possible. It's coincidental as well because the saddles on both the sticker strat and blue got changed at around the same time, which was 1996-97.

I mean the ''Sticker strat'' is almost like Tom's version of ''Blue'', I guess so is mine ;D, my strat is like a mixed version of both of them, i mean it has an angled humbucker (Dimarzio X2N), maple neck+fretboard and stickers that commemorate both guitars.

• Like 1

So yesterday I was thinking about why Tom removed all the stickers from his strat, and why he switched over to les pauls for a while and came up with a theory. Could it be that since Blink was gaining more fame in late 97,  and they were scheduled to play on live tv in Australia (even though that was like early 98) Tom removed the stickers because like 95% of the stickers were of other ''bigger'' bands so that there would no copyright infringement? (I know there was one time where they played Dammit on MTV or something)  I don't know if this is true haha sometimes I come up with crazy theories when I'm bored :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

Speaking of his Les Paul, here is one of his for sale if you've got 5k laying around lol:

https://reverb.com/item/10458743-tom-delonge-s-blink-182-gibson-modified-les-paul-standard-1997-with-custom-anvil-road-case

Wow 

Too bad the stickers aren't on it anymore but that's a really nice guitar !

Also the rainbow strap too :D

18 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

Speaking of his Les Paul, here is one of his for sale if you've got 5k laying around lol:

https://reverb.com/item/10458743-tom-delonge-s-blink-182-gibson-modified-les-paul-standard-1997-with-custom-anvil-road-case

I wonder why he removed all the knobs except the 1 volume, looks like he tried to make it like his signature strat. Maybe he was toying around with this design right before he signed a contract with Fender

Haha this is like so fucking weird, so I'm watching this documentary that has some funny Blink bts footage and all of the sudden (possibly) the same lp that Tom had, that got sold, the one that @Ry-Bread shared with us pops up on this documentary

It can be seen in various places like: 03:41, 07:05, 07.49 and more 

(and i know this thread is about Toms sticker strat but this is just a weird coincidence that i had to share, i promise if i keep posting about his les pauls i will start a separate thread ;D)

On 2/21/2018 at 8:03 AM, Andrew182 said:

and i know this thread is about Toms sticker strat but this is just a weird coincidence that i had to share, i promise if i keep posting about his les pauls i will start a separate thread ;D)

I think it’s best that all of this gets put in a separate thread because I don’t want it to clog up this one. The only reason I brought up the Les Paul was because it had the generation 3 blink bunny sticker on it, which was seen on the sticker strat when it was destickered in late 1997.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Q182 said:

I think it’s best that all of this gets put in a separate thread because I don’t want it to clog up this one. The only reason I brought up the Les Paul was because it had the generation 3 blink bunny sticker on it, which was seen on the sticker strat when it was destickered in late 1997.

Of course dude, I started to feel like I was talking too much about his LP's, will create a separate thread, but how would one transfer all the stuff in this thread to another?