Thibaut182

Tom Delonge Stratocaster Replica ( Cheshire Cat-Dude Ranch era)

266 posts in this topic

Hey guys, 

I wanted to know if someone could identify all the stickers on that guitar because I'm planning to do a replica of this guitar.

And if yes, could someone post links to buy those stickers ! 

Thank you !

tumblr_ni0b4dXMa01qano1po1_540.jpg

tumblr_mxyvxaQACr1rvx3wro2_250.jpg

Blink-182-220897-GCS3192.jpg

3112523132_a4fb316da7_z.jpg?zz=1

1 person likes this

All stickers along with their description are available at To The Stars.

3 people like this

There is no way you are going to find all that for sale. You might have to make some, improvise. Just do your best. Use those those pictures and try to get it down. That is half the fun of it. No one here is going to know.

1 person likes this

Never really thought about it but that's a great idea. I always imagined making a delonge signature strat but this is something new. More do able as well.

On 16/3/2016 at 0:16 PM, Olidamus said:

There is no way you are going to find all that for sale. You might have to make some, improvise. Just do your best. Use those those pictures and try to get it down. That is half the fun of it. No one here is going to know.

On 18/3/2016 at 5:34 PM, Taco MacArthur said:

Do your own thing rather than be another Leo Dehoe?

Thanks for the advices :)

Hello everyone, I'm new here. I actually have a list of most of stickers on his guitar. I am still doing research to figure them out because I am also making a replica. That being said, I don't want to make this a competition to see who made the better guitar, I just want to help each other out. I will also specify if they are a band, brand, etc. and their placement on the guitar. If the sticker is a band, I will also specify their label, as this guitar also introduced me to a lot of great bands as well. Also if the placement is not specified, it means it's on the front. Here is what I have so far: 

NOFX (Band, Fat Wreck Chords) 

Pennywise (Band, Epitaph Records)

Rhythm Collision (Band, Dr. Strange Records, disbanded)

Lagwagon (Band, Fat Wreck Chords)

Screeching Weasel (Band, Recess Records)

Strung Out (Band, Fat Wreck Chords)

Ten Foot Pole (Band, on pickguard, Go-Kart Records)

Operation Ivy (Band, on side, Lookout! Records, disbanded)

Good Riddance (Band, on side, Fat Wreck Chords)

Gorilla Biscuits (Band, Revelation Records)

The Queers (Band, Asian Man Records)

The Vandals (Band, Kung Fu Records)

Sack Lunch (Band, disbanded, seen in 1996)

Descendents (Band, small logo on headstock, big sticker on back, Milo Goes To College and I Don't Want To Grow Up stickers on pickguard, Epitaph Records)

7 Seconds (Band, on back, Rise Records)

Short Lived (Band, on pickguard, disbanded)

Arnette (Apparel brand, Tom wore the sunglasses they made)

Airwalk (Skate/apparel brand, Tom had a giant Airwalk sticker on the case he carried the guitar around in)

Big Brother (Skateboard Magazine)

3 Leaf Clover (on headstock, unknown)

Husker Du (Everything Falls Apart And More, underneath Ten Foot Pole sticker, on pickguard)

blink anime girl (pre '-182', under Rhythm Collision sticker)

I can also supply other photos of the guitar if you would like them. Thanks! 

Also, in one of the photos above, Tom's wearing a Millencolin (band) hat

3 people like this

No problem. If you need more images of these stickers, I can help out with that as well 

Screeching Weasel is on there as well.

Hey everyone. Since I made the list of the stickers that are on this guitar, I may as well do a whole rundown of the guitar, if this ever becomes helpful to anyone. 

This guitar is indeed a real Fender Stratocaster (I've read other places that says it isn't for some reason), American made sometime in the 1990's, and started appearing around 1994 and used until 1997. It's specs include a 22 fret maple neck with a rosewood fingerboard and 2 screw bridge, finished in Olympic White with a 3 ply white/black/white pickguard. But that's where the similarities end. Aside from the stickers (most of which are listed above) this guitar once wore*, it's most prominent features are the pickups. It featured a white DiMarzio X2N set on an angle in the bridge position, similar to that of Blue, Billie Joe Armstrong's guitar. Tom's guitar also features a Seymour Duncan JB Jr. in the middle position and a Seymour Duncan Hot Rails in the neck position. The DiMarzio X2N is partially responsible for the guitar tones that are heard on Cheshire Cat, They Came To Conquer Uranus, Lemmings 7", Dude Ranch, I Won't Be Home For Christmas, and any video or recordings of the group from 1995-1997. He still has it to this day and it lives in the Angels And Airwaves studio, along with his other past Fenders and Gibsons. 

*Sometime in 1997, Tom took all the stickers off the guitar and had a different kind of design on it. He used it until the end of the year before he became more fond of Les Pauls. It has also been seen in a few photos that have been posted on Instagram. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask away. 

4 people like this

On 3/12/2016 at 11:51 AM, Red said:

All stickers along with their description are available at To The Stars.

Is there a link to this?

On 7/24/2016 at 1:30 AM, Q182 said:

Hey everyone. Since I made the list of the stickers that are on this guitar, I may as well do a whole rundown of the guitar, if this ever becomes helpful to anyone. 

This guitar is indeed a real Fender Stratocaster (I've read other places that says it isn't for some reason), American made sometime in the 1990's, and started appearing around 1995 and used until 1997. It's specs include a 22 fret maple neck with a rosewood fingerboard and 2 screw bridge, finished in Olympic White with a 3 ply white/black/white pickguard. But that's where the similarities end. Aside from the stickers (most of which are listed above) this guitar once wore*, it's most prominent features are the pickups. It featured a white DiMarzio X2N set on an angle in the bridge position, similar to that of Blue, Billie Joe Armstrong's guitar. Tom's guitar also features a Seymour Duncan JB Jr. in the middle position and a Seymour Duncan Hot Rails in the neck position. The DiMarzio X2N is partially responsible for the guitar tones that are heard on Cheshire Cat, They Came To Conquer Uranus, Lemmings 7", Dude Ranch, I Won't Be Home For Christmas, and any video or recordings of the group from 1995-1997. He still has it to this day and it lives in the Angels And Airwaves studio, along with his other past Fenders and Gibsons. 

*Sometime in 1997, Tom took all the stickers off the guitar and had a different kind of design on it. He used it until the end of the year before he became more fond of Les Pauls. It has also been seen in a few photos that have been posted on Instagram. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask away. 

Were you around the band back in the day?

2 minutes ago, cowboysguitars said:

Were you around the band back in the day?

No I was not, although I wish I was. This is solely based on what I've seen in old photos and videos, like the ones Thibaut182 and I posted. Regarding the Instagram photo, it was one that Tom had posted of some Macbeth shoes and some guitars. That guitar just happened to be in the picture. 

1 person likes this

I have more pictures of the guitar myself, but it won't let me post them? I keep getting the 'You are only allowed to upload 20.48kb' message. HELP!