16 hours ago, Q182 said:

No I was not, although I wish I was. This is solely based on what I've seen in old photos and videos, like the ones Thibaut182 and I posted. Regarding the Instagram photo, it was one that Tom had posted of some Macbeth shoes and some guitars. That guitar just happened to be in the picture. 

That's cool. I always wondered what kind of pickups he used on that fender

On 9/24/2016 at 10:55 AM, cowboysguitars said:

That's cool. I always wondered what kind of pickups he used on that fender

Even without the stickers, it's the ultimate high gain Strat. He also used another Strat with different stickers back in 1997 on the non Warped Tour shows of that year. I believe it had a Bill Lawrence L-500 of a sort in it with standard Strat pickups in the neck and middle in a non-slanted HSS configuration. From my understanding, this is the only backup guitar from this era. Notable appearances include Nile Theater, 6/21/1997 (used for the entire show), and San Bernadino, 9/9/1997 (used on Josie and Touchdown Boy).

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

A few more. However I can't post the pictures themselves, since the website claims it as copyright material (as it rightfully should be) by the photographer.

http://iconicpix.photoshelter.com/gallery/Aug-22-1997-BLINK-182-Reading-Festival-UK/G00008t9GH1fqm5A/C0000BCPAlhDrnvY'

These were taken at the Reading Festival on August 22nd, 1997. A few of the pics already posted are from the same event, but there are a few other good pics as well. It also looks like Tom went blonde after the '97 Warped Tour

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
13 hours ago, daveyjones said:

he was blonde for half of 94 and most of 95. good portions of 96 too.

That is true. I'm referring to that after they finished up Dude Ranch, he went to black hair and had it like that for the entire Warped Tour. And then when the tour ended, he went back to blonde. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/20/2017 at 8:36 PM, daveyjones said:

he was playing it in 94.

Thanks. I edited it so it says 1994 instead of 1995. Also is there any chance of posting the collage you have to see if there are any more photos of the strat?

1 minute ago, Q182 said:

Thanks. I edited it so it says 1994 instead of 1995. Also is there any chance of posting the collage you have to see if there are any more photos of the strat?

i'd have to go through everything i have... i have many, many, many, many pictures of that guitar.

k here's everything i could dig up. a few are posted before above, but these are much larger. some i took myself, some i didn't. i have many more pictures, but the guitar is small or super out of focus. these are the best ones.

[edit: i've put them in chronological order, with the dates as i know them]:

SOMA cheshire cat CD release party, february 24, 1995. (no rhythm collision or strung out yet):

guitar-11.jpg

SOMA cheshire cat CD release party, february 24, 1995:

guitar-12.jpg

berkeley, CA, early summer 1995. note the clover has been added to the headstock:

guitar-02.jpg

SOMA july 27, 1995:

guitar-09.jpg

SOMA july 27, 1995:

guitar-10.jpg

good times tour, fall 1995. many things to note here... "big brother," more airwalks, "SHORT LIVED TOUR OF DUTY 92," and the "I DON'T WANNA GROW UP" that was snipped off the album cover sticker between the pickups. rhythm collision has been added:

delonge-guitar-02.jpg

rehearsing and / or recording at DML studios in escondido, late 1995 or early 1996. strung out has been added:

DML-96.jpg

private birthday party, 1996. note that tom has given up on his gibson lightning strap. he wears this other marbled, textured strap throughout 1996:

guitar-08.jpg

WHISKY A-GO-GO, october 8, 1996:

guitar-01.jpg

SOMA, november 1, 1996:

guitar-14.jpg

dammit video, shot late spring 1997. tom is now sporting a plain black strap, seen throughout 1997. note the airwalk and arnette stickers are covered up with tape:

dammit-guitar.jpg

dammit video, shot late spring 1997. very clear representation of the scale of the NOFX and pennywise stickers here:

dammit-guitar-02.jpg

WARPED TOUR san diego, july 2, 1997:

guitar-13.jpg

WARPED TOUR, early summer 1997:

guitar-04.jpg

WARPED TOUR new jersey, july 26, 1997. note addition of lagwagon sticker:

delonge-guitar-1500.jpg

WARPED TOUR new jersey, july 26, 1997:

guitar-05.jpg

guitar-06.jpg

guitar-07.jpg

WARPED TOUR stage at reading festival (UK), august 22, 1997:

guitar-03.jpg

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

k here's what else i could dig up. a few are posted before above, but these are much larger. some i took myself, some i didn't:

These are perfect. Huge thanks Davey. I've never seen a higher quality picture of the back than that. Something else I noted was that quite a few stickers that were on it had clear backing. A few didn't, and a few were even cut out so it was just the icon or whatever it may be.

48 minutes ago, Q182 said:

Yeah no problem. These are still a huge help. 

the quality varies (trying to take a picture with a disposable camera in a punk club, you're not going to get anything in focus).

if i was going to replicate the guitar (kind of like making your own back to the future delorean i suppose), i'd use that first pic from new jersey warped tour, july 26, 1997. the super clear one. it's after he added the lagwagon sticker, which to my memory is the last major addition before he stopped using that guitar on the regular.

i also added a couple shots from the dammit video, which are super clear.

• Like 1