Thibaut182

Tom Delonge Stratocaster Replica ( Cheshire Cat-Dude Ranch era)

Thibaut182    530
11 hours ago, Q182 said:

I have more pictures of the guitar myself, but it won't let me post them? I keep getting the 'You are only allowed to upload 20.48kb' message. HELP!

Do small posts with pictures :) Not a whole message with all the pics !

Q182    122

And a few more

tumblr_m3jrotZOB51rvn2sro1_400.jpg

tom.jpg

I know Tom isn't left handed, that's how the photo came out. If you look behind him, you can see the Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Rackmount he used back then

tom_kyt_4.jpg

Here's one from after he took the original set of stickers off, roughly late 1997. However, he did add a few first generation blink bunny stickers by the bridge and on the pickguard in between the pickups. He has one on his 'Billabong' Wine Red Les Paul as well

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Q182 said:

No I was not, although I wish I was. This is solely based on what I've seen in old photos and videos, like the ones Thibaut182 and I posted. Regarding the Instagram photo, it was one that Tom had posted of some Macbeth shoes and some guitars. That guitar just happened to be in the picture. 

That's cool. I always wondered what kind of pickups he used on that fender

Q182    122
On 9/24/2016 at 10:55 AM, cowboysguitars said:

That's cool. I always wondered what kind of pickups he used on that fender

Yeah I had wondered too. Even without the stickers, it's the ultimate high gain Strat. He also used another Strat with different stickers back in 1997 on the non Warped Tour shows of that year. I believe it had a Bill Lawrence L-500 of a sort in it with standard Strat pickups in the neck and middle in a non-slanted HSS configuration. From my understanding, this is the only backup guitar from this era. Notable appearances include Nile Theater, 6/21/1997 (used for the entire show), and San Bernadino, 9/9/1997 (used on Josie and Touchdown Boy). I can attach some images/snapshots if you would like.

• Like 2

Q182    122

Finally here is a shot of the backup guitar I was talking about. It's not the greatest, but it certainly is something.

image1 (2).PNG

• Like 1

Q182    122

A few more. However I can't post the pictures themselves, since the website claims it as copyright material (as it rightfully should be) by the photographer.

http://iconicpix.photoshelter.com/gallery/Aug-22-1997-BLINK-182-Reading-Festival-UK/G00008t9GH1fqm5A/C0000BCPAlhDrnvY'

These were taken at the Reading Festival on August 22nd, 1997. A few of the pics already posted are from the same event, but there are a few other good pics as well. It also looks like Tom went blonde after the '97 Warped Tour

• Like 2

daveyjones    1409
On 3/6/2017 at 0:42 PM, Q182 said:

Tom went blonde after the '97 Warped Tour

he was blonde for half of 94 and most of 95. good portions of 96 too.

• Like 1

Q182    122
13 hours ago, daveyjones said:

he was blonde for half of 94 and most of 95. good portions of 96 too.

That is true. I'm referring to that after they finished up Dude Ranch, he went to black hair and had it like that for the entire Warped Tour. And then when the tour ended, he went back to blonde. 

• Like 1

Q182    122
13 minutes ago, Andrew182 said:

This is where Toms backup strat appears, from 22:45 until 29:28

Yes. I was the one that put the time stamps in.

• Like 1

Q182    122
On 6/20/2017 at 8:36 PM, daveyjones said:

he was playing it in 94.

Thanks. I edited it so it says 1994 instead of 1995. Also is there any chance of posting the collage you have to see if there are any more photos of the strat?

daveyjones    1409
1 minute ago, Q182 said:

Thanks. I edited it so it says 1994 instead of 1995. Also is there any chance of posting the collage you have to see if there are any more photos of the strat?

i'd have to go through everything i have... i have many, many, many, many pictures of that guitar.

Q182    122
Just now, daveyjones said:

i'd have to go through everything i have... i have many, many, many, many pictures of that guitar.

Awesome. It would be very much appreciated. If you have a lot to go through, I'm not in a hurry or anything like that.