6 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

curious, i have this pic too, but it's a bit grainier. the sticker on the back along the bottom appears blue here. also, it doesn't look like 7 seconds at all.

Looks like 7 Seconds. You can see the D and S at the bottom.

1 hour ago, Thibaut182 said:

Just went on Blink's old website back in 1997-1998 and found those two logos (pre-Cheshire Cat era and Dude Ranch era)

i have one of the top stickers, and many of the second. the first is on mark's ampeg bass head in the m+m's video.

blink-m_m_s-x3-03.jpg

you can see it in other show pics as well:

blink-showcase-from-stage-1995-4x.jpg

the second one, those were first passed out by mark after shows in the summer of 1996. he put one on his musicman for warped that summer as well. i think one of those is @Q182's profile pic:

blink-mark-warped-tour-1996-5x.jpg

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Q182 said:

I believe you're referring to this picture:

Screenshot_12.png

wow never seen this picture, I need to buy Anne's book : I don't have it haha

A good picture from the side from Tom's guitar that I found

tom.jpg

some other blink logos that I found while researching on old blink fanpages

BLINKDRUMS.JPG

ovalrabbit.gif

blinkdude.jpg

blinkrop.jpg

rabit_logo.gif

blink_rabbit.jpg

On 9/15/2017 at 11:47 AM, Thibaut182 said:

some other blink logos that I found while researching on old blink fanpages

it's fun to see all this junior archeology. it's elsewhere on this site, but do any of you know about my scrapbook project? it will be a 240pp blurb book when it's done. i have the largest collection of blink ephemera in the known world.

edit: it was pointed out to me that this comment seemed douchy. i apologize, that was not my intent. i include myself in the junior archeologist camp, for sure! and i might have a huge collection of stuff sitting around, but without people like @boxelder we would not know half of what what we know (or have documented) the history of the band, especially tour info.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Thibaut182 said:

wow never seen this picture, I need to buy Anne's book : I don't have it haha

A good picture from the side from Tom's guitar that I found

tom.jpg

blink_rabbit.jpg

1. Here's a pdf for Anne's book: http://www.mediafire.com/file/djw5xc7jc10inf0/Tales_From_Beneath_Your_Mom_(Scannerizzato).pdf

2. That photo is from the '97 MTV Sports & Music Festival, the last known (to my knowledge) pro shot performance of tom using the sticker strat.

3. Those blink bunny stickers (obviously cut) ended up on the guitar seen here:

2017-06-23_1_LI.jpg

They're by the bridge and on the pickguard under the strings.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, daveyjones said:

it's fun to see all this junior archeology. it's elsewhere on this site, but do any of you know about my scrapbook project? it will be a 240pp blurb book when it's done. i have the largest collection of blink ephemera in the known world.

love you davey, but this is what leads to people calling you a douche. passively-aggressively commenting on people's varying knowledge of a band, then acting superior for your vast knowledge. your command of blink knowledge, pre-EOTS, is unparalleled, but you dont have to hold it over everyone's heads. and i'm not trying to argue semantics, you may not mean to do this, it's just how you frequently come across

• Like 1

It may have been mentioned, but does anyone know why Tom removed all of the stickers from this famous strat? It seems like it would be a major pain in the ass, if he wanted a plain white Strat he obviously has several or could afford them/get them free. You would think he would want to preserve it and remember the good ol' days.

On 6/27/2017 at 5:15 AM, Elisa said:

I knew that I had seen him wearing that sticker on some videos somewhere. And here it is the show where he put that sticker on. There's a video of them playing Zulu that I've watched so many times, one of my favourite blink songs ever (he doesn't have the sticker on his shirt yet) 

But you can see it during A New Hope

A New Hope was the fourth song in the setlist, while Zulu was eleventh. Between those two songs, he put the sticker on the guitar.

1 hour ago, Q182 said:

A friend had made a suggestion to me the other day. Her suggestion was do you think that the three leaf clover on the headstock was a nod to the Irish band Blink? My thinking is the clover appeared in the Berkeley Square picture, which was the first show after they added the '-182'. Any thoughts on this?

Never thought about that before, that's a really interesting statement !

Just now, daveyjones said:

the berkeley square show was earlier in the summer.

the name change was effective august 3, 1995. which means that the band's performance at surfaid in long beach on august 5, 1995, was their first post-182.

Ah okay. I was looking at the timeline is all. I also noted I'm guessing that you put in the info about the Lake Tahoe show (which pics from that show are spread out in this thread).