Chasing Shadows EP

Lauren

i say it again:

i like the guitars, however thomas can make something interesting a bit, somethig different from before. in chorus of Voyager i hear almost full Some origins Of Fire chorus - it's SIMILAR may be IDENTICAL, isn't it?

overload - good. it's my fav from this EP.

but in general - i'm not happy about this EP, as always

• Like 1

Personally , and this is just personally... I think this is the best Tom I've heard since We Don't Need To Whisper or if you're counting it, Dogs Eating Dogs , I have listened front to back 3 times, which is more than I can say I've listened to anything from Tom since DED ... If he goes BACK this direction, I'd appreciate it a lot more lol.

That being said, I still wish he was on the new blink record instead of Skiba.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Capsov said:

There are some glimmers of hope in this EP. But the more I listen to it, I find more things wrong with it. You can tell pube head boy didn't have a lot to do with it, which is probably a good thing.

Lol pube head boy.

• Like 2

Honestly it's an alright EP, not a song on there that I don't like to some extent.   I'm not gonna be rushing to listen to it again, but it also doesn't give me any additional fuel at all for the fire that is, "I'm glad Tom is out of blink." Of course its also not something that has me reconsidering that stance either.  It's just decent I'd say. 

• Like 3

Pretty good ep, much better than what I was expecting it to be (because the last thing he released "of nightmares" was total dogshit, and those clips on instagram didn't sound that promising).

Track 01 - The electronic intro threw me off at first, but then it got better. It sounds like what a modern indie/"pop punk" band would put out.

Track 02 - Sounds like an awesome throwback AvA song (Man I missed the guitars), and as someone else said it also sounds like it could be a Sum 41 song (But I don't care, I like it).

Track 03 - Sounds like a mix of old and modern AvA. This is an alright track.

Track 04 - This is the only meh song on the EP. The only thing that makes it good is when it goes into that dirty guitar tone that reminds me of self-titled/untitled blink-182.

some of the stuff on this EP isn't too bad, and i'd humbly consider myself one of the biggest tom-haters on this board. even then, i loved dream walker, and i never heard the last EP. overload is actually great, i was really into the very eclectic opening before it went into regular alt-rock mode, but even that wasn't too bad. agree on tom's vocals, which is most pronounced on artillery... i guess i'll just never be able to get behind modern tom vocals. that song was just plain boring to me, but voyager was a lot better, aside from "great big fucking time". chasing shadows was cool aside from some of the lyrics; reminded me of new order.