Game of Thrones Season 6!! Spoilers are in here.

Melty Mark

On 6/21/2016 at 11:58 PM, ungroovy said:

That's probably my favorite episode of the show so far, based on the experience I had watching it. Every other episode in the past has been spoiled for me in some way, even just with people's feelings on the episode, so I'd know what would happen. With this, I had nooooo clue, it was almost unbearable to watch.

Predicted Rickon would die, especially when you see him being brought out onto the battlefield. Not a shot he'd live (ha, a shot). Jon Snow is way too lucky, no way both he and his right hand survive that shit. I mean, I'm really happy they did, but he dodged so much insanity (I read that he dodged arrows that were in groupings of three?). I was scared he'd suffocate to death and that would be the dumbest ending to his plot ever.

Littlefinger, can't explain why, I'm glad he's around tbh. He fucked over my girl Sansa but he came back to ride on her coattails and the Vale rolled in in the most badass way possible. Also, despite his manipulation and selfishness, he's a smart dude and he looks out for the real power, which he hopefully deems to be Sansa and Jon and not that little shit kid.

Dany is just superb as always. That was fantastic. This whole episode almost came together too perfectly, but I was so happy this wasn't an episode 9 where something unnecessarily terrible happens that ruins my feelings on the show between seasons.

I think that whole Jon getting trampled was meant to trigger something in the viewer. I know I was getting the worst claustrophobia with that scene haha

What do you guys think happens in the finale next week? I haven't watched the preview for next episode yet, but...

I think that Jon, Sansa, and Daenerys/Tyrion's storylines are all wrapped up for the season. So next episode will probably be a Cersei-heavy episode, with her paying for her sins or whatnot, and I'm sure zombie Mountain fucks shit up. No idea what she has planned with the Wildfire, was thinking maybe she completely loses it now that she's lost control of Tommen and burns down Kings Landing? That might be a bit extreme though. I'm almost certain the Hound will come down to Kings Landing and be the one to slay the Mountain, in an epic battle scene. Then that will be it for Cersei, probably see the High Sparrow hang her for her sins and then completely corrupt Tommen. And then there's always the Tyrells who will probably rebel against the High Sparrow, maybe leading to another war scene.

Wouldn't be surprised if we see more of Bran and Samwell too. Bran will probably show the rest of Ned's flashback at some point soon.

Jaime's storyline also seems fairly concluded, as he's taken Riverrun. 

I'm hoping we see more of the Freys. I think Walder will get offed soon... 

Potential book spoilers:

If they ever follow through with Catelyn's resurrection, it would definitely be with Brienne running into her near the river she's currently floating down with Podrik. If it doesn't happen in the next couple of episodes, it's probably never happening. Also wondering if they go deeper into the Greyjoy storyline or leave out what they've already skipped over.

2 hours ago, Scott. said:

Hide contents

What greyjoy shit have they skipped? Who brings Catelyn back in the books?

They left out a battle on one of the islands, cut 90% of what happened at the Kingsmoot, and cut out an uncle entirely (Victarian) as well as a battle at sea.

Lord Beric trades his life to bring back Catelyn if I recall correctly.

- Walder Frey is killed by Bronn.

- Cersei loses her trial and goes crazy and uses the wildfire to kill the high sparrow but accidentally kills tommen and goes crazy and burns down kings landing. I will be amazed if tommen lives.

- Sansa marries little finger

- scene of varys making deal with sand snakes for dany to land in dorne

- scene of dany and greyjoys sailing to dorne

- tower of joy reveal and Jon goes to crypt with little finger. Won't get specific here because of spoilers

- Benjen and Bran cross the wall with the walkers following them. They're relieved that they barely made it but then they start building a ladder of zombies wwz style and start getting over the wall and then the wall collapses somehow. Cut to black. 

anyways, amazing episode and one of the best seasons of television I have ever seen.

the only bad thing I can think of is that it feels very much like it is coming to an end soon.

And Jon needs to marry Lady Mormont (when she is older, calm down). what a badass

• Like 1

On June 27, 2016 at 7:41 AM, Scott. said:

Awesome stuff. 

Hide contents

is Sansa going to fuck Jon over? Maybe when she finds out he's a Targ?

Well he's also a stark so I don't see how that could fuck him over. I don't think there's going to be some mutiny in the stark house at this point in the story. I think we're moving to an endgame now with potentially only 13 episodes left with four distinct sides. Arya and bran will get back to winter fell and bran will tell Jon. Little finger will probably have one last desperate attempt but will result in his downfall and finally his death. From there though, we will have four armies that will clash. The Starks and the north, the white walkers, dany and dorne and the Tyrells, and Cersei. I really don't know where the story is going to go though now.

The one thing I want in the endgame is for dany to actually be evil and a red herring and Jon or the white walkers wipes the fuck out of everything she built. I read a good theory on that that actually gave credence to why dany is actually the antagonist.

Amazing finale. With a title like The Winds of Winter, I really expected to see some White Walkers, so that was the only part that was a bit of a let down to me. I was thinking they would climb over the wall on their giant Ice Spiders (the book references these at least 3 times). All in all this was one of the best seasons though. 

• 1 month later...