The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

6 hours ago, GrimCityGirl said:

Thats an article from someone doing a quick wiki search and feeling bad about the dude being picked on only recently for aliens. she clearly hasn't seen all his bat crap insanity over the last ten years. 

righttttttttttt. it's cool to see a blink fan writing about the band so frequently but i'm not sure she's that big of a fan now. because anyone that loves blink-182 like we do can kinda see through tom's bullshit every time

I mean, if this is the worst of it, then it's not so bad. it gives the media something to talk about other than straight up music. It probably is good for business no matter how annoying.

Remember when Destiny's Child lost two founding members and nobody gave a flying shit. Maybe mark should phone Beyoncé and see how she handled it.

6 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

I wonder if Mark, Travis, and even Matt to an extent are now seeing that he is going to be a constant thorn in their ass.

So far he's behaved pretty well, but I think it's only because Travis is going along with his painfully obvious ploy to get back in.

It could have been much worse than we've seen so far. But then again, the album hasn't officially dropped yet. Wait until Sober or Home blows up on the radio.

From the sounds of it, he's still going to get paid for California since he's still in the "blink-182 corporation."

The Tom Delonge dream job. Sitting at home making massive amounts of money from a band you shit on and ignore, while peddling stupid shit no one cares about from an auto shop in Encinitas.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Ghent said:

From the sounds of it, he's still going to get paid for California since he's still in the "blink-182 corporation."

The Tom Delonge dream job. Sitting at home making massive amounts of money from a band you shit on and ignore, while peddling stupid shit no one cares about from an auto shop in Encinitas.

Hey. Watch your mouth. He's working on some confidential projects with some highly qualified people. 

:)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ghent said:

I  imagine whatever residual deal he has cooked in with Blink is pennies compared to what he needs and what he is use to making. Bands don't make shit off album sales, and he won't get songwriting royalties. The money comes from touring, and I don't think he will see anything there. No way Matt has agreed to be a part of this if he isn't being taken care of, he might not have a big piece  upfront, but I simply don't see a scenario where Blink rakes in cash and Tom is draining 1/3 of it out and Matt is getting some small "artist for hire" salary. No way!

Besides Mark said they were in the process of getting a "divorce", there HAS to be legal action. It's all speculation, but I'd love to know the exact situation, it would make for great conversation. 

1 minute ago, b00bies said:

im pretty sure delonge downloaded an album the second it leaked, now he's sitting in his cosmic garage preparing a massive essay how he thinks this california record is childish and how he wanted blink to sound epic. 

like U2, never forget about U2

Just now, WPGBlink said:

110% agreed. Skiba isn't some joe nobody off the street filling in here. He's a quality musician with a proving track record and he isn't doing this for peanuts. 

Exactly. Matt ain't going to agree to basically revive Blink 182 and lend his talents to the band for some chump change bullshit. No going to happen.

And in order to take care of Matt, they'd have to send Tom along his way with whatever residual deal/buyout they settle on.