The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

19 hours ago, Dylan_ said:

To be honest, his office is in a really cool spot. A few blocks from the beach and there is an awesome coffee place next door. When I had a quick look the place next door were selling 65' Mustangs and Corvettes. I want to know if he bought that place of if he is renting. Cause commercial spots in that part of town are pretty damn expensive.

I mean that stuff is lame and nobody asked for more AVA tank tops but making fun of his shop over and over again is just stupid Tom bashing...It looks like a pretty cool shop to be honest. 

• Like 1

On 9/1/2017 at 10:53 AM, Osgod said:

I mean that stuff is lame and nobody asked for more AVA tank tops but making fun of his shop over and over again is just stupid Tom bashing...It looks like a pretty cool shop to be honest. 

Nah fuck that he deserves it. Toms never going to live his shitty reputation down now.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

TTS is a bit of a glorified redbubble or Tspring company. like, they don't have warehousing or manufacturing, so all of the mock ups are photoshop templates with their logos slapped on and not examples of real physical products. Obviously not every person or company selling merch can manufacture it but you'd think buying a premises and having such a focus on merchandising would mean you'd order stock in bulk and store it for selling, meaning you could take decent product photography too. small skate companies do this, Tom has oodles of cash it's weird for him to do it all externally, and it's less reliable for him as well. Obviously it's more of a gamble to have stock and then flog it, but it means he could make them cheaper (because ordering as and when is more costly than ordering in bulk) which theoretically means he could generate more sales. Either that or they are actually holding stock near his little auto shop, they just can't be assed to grab one of his many expensive gadgets and take a half assed decent picture of it. 

1 hour ago, vic vinegar said:

Hey, guess what? Tom announced another book he had someone else write and then he slapped his name on the cover. Was this his big announcement?

Nah the "big announcement" is his involvement in some sort of alien/space/conspiracy documentary series of some sort that is affiliated with some *fairly* important people in those fields from what I've gathered. I think it's even separate from his "Sekret Machines" documentary series he's mentioned before. (The Sekret Machines documentary series was done at one point, but he said that some new stuff came up and he wanted to re-film parts of it. I suspect this "big announcement project" is what changed his mind...)

I am actually excited for the 2nd Poet Book. I know I'm the only one, but at least it's a new MEDIA project from Tom and not a f'ing shower curtain or lapel pin.

1 minute ago, ryan1125 said:

Nah the "big announcement" is his involvement in some sort of alien/space/conspiracy documentary series of some sort that is affiliated with some *fairly* important people in those fields from what I've gathered. I think it's even separate from his "Sekret Machines" documentary series he's mentioned before. (The Sekret Machines documentary series was done at one point, but he said that some new stuff came up and he wanted to re-film parts of it. I suspect this "big announcement project" is what changed his mind...)

I am actually excited for the 2nd Poet Book. I know I'm the only one, but at least it's a new MEDIA project from Tom and not a f'ing shower curtain or lapel pin.

Honestly I'm looking forward to Sekret Machines part 2. PArt 1 was a well written mystery story that I really enjoyed. Much better than Gods. I can't believe Tom believes in the stuff written in that book. It's honestly batshit insane. I'm open to and believe in extraterrestrial life but the stuff in that book is just like... come on 

17 hours ago, Boring.........Alright said:

Honestly I'm looking forward to Sekret Machines part 2. PArt 1 was a well written mystery story that I really enjoyed. Much better than Gods. I can't believe Tom believes in the stuff written in that book. It's honestly batshit insane. I'm open to and believe in extraterrestrial life but the stuff in that book is just like... come on 

Yeah I am too, A.J. Hartley said Book 2 is done so it should be out by the end of the year or very early next year. It really is a great read, all credit to the author A.J. 

GODs was such a hard read, took me months to get through it and I really didn't retain much info from it at all.

I miss musician Tom DeLonge :(. One week from today marks three years since Tom has set foot on a stage. In that time, he has released 26 songs that have never been played live. Will he ever set foot on a stage again? I wouldn’t be surprised if he didn’t and I wouldn’t be surprised if he did.

1 hour ago, NotNow said:

I miss musician Tom DeLonge :(. One week from today marks three years since Tom has set foot on a stage. In that time, he has released 26 songs that have never been played live. Will he ever set foot on a stage again? I wouldn’t be surprised if he didn’t and I wouldn’t be surprised if he did.

To be honest, considering how weak his live performances have been since 2006, I can't say that's a bad thing.

• Like 3