The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

8 hours ago, Helen Hoppus said:

‘Blink is in my DNA’

Even so, DeLonge has no regrets about his decision to favor To The Stars over blink. But his connection to the band remains strong.

“Blink is in my DNA,” he said, suggesting an eventual reunion is likely. “I talk to Travis quite a bit and we try and figure out how and when it’s going to make sense.

“It’s not like I (permanently) walked away. They have someone doing my job for me (in blink). It’s just that I’m so busy. If I wanted to, I could be back (in blink) in a period of days.”

From a business perspective, DeLonge never left blink.

“I still own the band,” he noted, before quickly clarifying that he, Hoppus and Barker “own everything” blink-related.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/entertainment/music/sd-et-music-delonge-book-20170227-story.html

What a fucking ass hole.

Sucks this guy is still getting paid. He's so lazy and out of touch with reality it's sickening. Talking about how touring was too much of a grind for him and it was too boring....As he collected millions of dollars to fund books that someone else writes for him that no one reads except extreme creepy loser bots.

• Like 5

He has ZERO intention of going back to Blink again.  I seriously feel like he says that shit cause it'll get him press nothing more. 

I'm sure when the guys are out promoting the deluxe version of the album they'll be asked about this and we'll hear the same thing we've heard from Mark since Tom split. 

He may still own the band but he has no intention of ever going back. 

• Like 1

Even though he seems like a dick in this and previous interviews, I think he deserves to still get royalities from album sales, tours, etc. Without him, Blink would never be that famous and big and he also is responsible for the current success to a certain degree.

Lets face it, it's the name Blink 182 that pushes sales a lot. Mark and Travis know that they have to pay him money to use the name, still they do it...they could easily release the music under a different name (e.g. +44) but they know that they would make much less money...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Helen Hoppus said:

“It’s not like I (permanently) walked away. They have someone doing my job for me (in blink). It’s just that I’m so busy. If I wanted to, I could be back (in blink) in a period of days.

LOL I needed a good laugh this morning. Yes, I'm sure Mark/Trav would just dump Skiba tomorrow and welcome Tom right back! What a crazy statement, that sad part is I think he believes it.

Ive followed a lot of what hes doing now. It doesnt make any of the crap he still says about blink any better, and it still hasnt made him any money. 

• Like 1

Just to play devil's advocate, Travis did have a quote awhile back saying the time away from blink will help Tom realize what he loved about it so they can maybe bring him back when the time is right. And Tom just confirmed he still communicates to Travis quite a bit still. I dunno. If a real blink reunion doesn't happen someday I'd put money on Boxcar. Right when Tom needs funds probably.

Anyways, it seems he'll be busy for the next 2-4 years so Skiba fans breathe easy. There will be no attempt for Tom to infiltrate his old band.

57 minutes ago, two said:

If you guys actually took the time to listen to what he's been working on I think you'd have a different opinion of him-

I've followed every thing he's done, read every book, bought every silly item from TTS. I also completely support Tom doing whatever the fuck he wants...

BUT, he's still a major douche any time Blink is mentioned. The way he goes about it is just 100% wrong IMHO. Instead of being truly "over it" and saying "I wish Mark and Travis the best with continuing our legacy with Matt Skiba as Blink-182" he says "It's MY band. I still OWN it. I STARTED IT. I could go back tomorrow if I WANTED TO".  It's seriously like a small child talking, almost reminds me of that brat from Willy Wonka. 

I would have so much more respect for Tom if he would take the "high road" (at least with the media), and wish the guys the best, say he's busy working on projects, and let it be. Instead, every single time he's an arrogant prick and tries to stir up the pot. It's also a tell-tale sign that he is not "over it" and is still being a salty little bitch about the whole situation IMHO.

• Like 9

“Blink is in my DNA,” he said, suggesting an eventual reunion is likely. “I talk to Travis quite a bit and we try and figure out how and when it’s going to make sense.

“It’s not like I (permanently) walked away. They have someone doing my job for me (in blink). It’s just that I’m so busy. If I wanted to, I could be back (in blink) in a period of days.”

From a business perspective, DeLonge never left blink.

“I still own the band,” he noted, before quickly clarifying that he, Hoppus and Barker “own everything” blink-related.

#SAD #FAKENEWS

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/entertainment/music/sd-et-music-delonge-book-20170227-story.html

also

“And, being on tour was such a grind. I didn’t love it enough; it was too much disruption for me. And playing the same songs every night and moving your body (the same way) with your guitar, it felt like you were ‘vogue-ing,’ like you were faking it. ‘Here’s the same song again — 1, 2, 3, 4!’ I felt like a robot.”

Is not fake news, is just what he told, and what we've been suggesting here: legally he still owns a part of the band, so... if he wanted, I guess he could be able to join blink again messing around with attorneys and shit, but I'm not sure he would be able to fire Skiba. Of course, that situation would be catastrophic, you know, a band being forced to accept a member like Tom; but legally and technically it could be done.

That's what means the "From a business perspective, DeLonge never quit blink". Just that.

EDIT: but yeah, it feels sad for Tom that he needs to say that in order to try to keep some blink connection, validation or justificacion. It's like the ultimate card to play.

• Like 1

I feel like he's legitimately convinced himself that Mark and Travis are just looking out for him, giving him a break from blink while he pursues his other passions, and will welcome him back with open arms when he is ready.  They even hired someone to do his job for him while he's busy!  What great friends!  #hugging

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, The Watcher on the Wall said:

I feel like he's legitimately convinced himself that Mark and Travis are just looking out for him, giving him a break from blink while he pursues his other passions, and will welcome him back with open arms when he is ready.  They even hired someone to do his job for him while he's busy!  What great friends!  #hugging

Haha I hope that's the case, I can't figure out if he's naive like that or he says stuff like that as a little jab at them like "oh that's cute they're still playing in our old little band with a new Tom".

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

Haha I hope that's the case, I can't figure out if he's naive like that or he says stuff like that as a little jab at them like "oh that's cute they're still playing in our old little band with a new Tom".

Really wanna know what Tom and Travis talk about when they hang out. I mean Blink/Mark is still a topic in that conversations. 

• Like 1

there are no conversations. travis mentioned a while back he texts him funny pictures and what not from time to time. and tom puts it out to the media that those are conversations and they talk about him joining blink. hes out of his mind

• Like 4

Travis never clearly denied it. He said they sent "funny picture" but never said that they don't hang out.

I mean Travis would clearly say "no" to such a comment if Tom just made it up. Also because this topic is a difficult one for Mark I'd assume. 

My biggest issue with him is he still won't admit he doesn't wanna do Blink anymore and still tries to dangle that little bit of hope in front of whatever fans he has left that he'll return to Blink. I highly doubt Mark honestly wants to work with him again. So he can say all he wants to about "I still own it" but he has no intention of ever coming back IMO. Just needs to have the balls to publicly admit it. 

• Like 8