The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

19 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

I love em both but the "waffles are pancakes with built-in syrup holders" is a pretty convincing argument

it's not like the syrup needs to be held, it's not going to run away...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RAX said:

Funny how some fight for not eating animals and are disgusted by meat, then eat meat replicas. 

My gf is a vegan, she eats meat replacement stuff (I call it pretend meat lol) I always wondered why vegans eat fake meat until I met her. Turns out it's because they enjoy the taste of meat but hate the meat industry. Which makes sense to me, the meat industry is fucked up. 

To clarify though, I still eat meat and it doesn't bother her in the slightest. She's not one of those gay ass militant vegans :)

-edit- when she cooks, I eat vegan because I wouldn't make her cook/buy stuff that she's against and honestly, a lot of it is tasty as fuck

• Like 2

Absolutely, but if you follow Travis or Toby Morse on Instagram, you'll see that at that Crossroads restaurant they make sure your vegan burger tastes like a real burger and your vegan chicken tastes like real chicken. Why does vegan food need to taste like meat? I've never ordered chicken and said "make it taste like spinach." 

4 minutes ago, Rocky Braveheart said:

My gf is a vegan, she eats meat replacement stuff (I call it pretend meat lol) I always wondered why vegans eat fake meat until I met her. Turns out it's because they enjoy the taste of meat but hate the meat industry. Which makes sense to me, the meat industry is fucked up. 

To clarify though, I still eat meat and it doesn't bother her in the slightest. She's not one of those gay ass militant vegans :)

-edit- when she cooks, I eat vegan because I wouldn't make her cook/buy stuff that she's against and honestly, a lot of it is tasty as fuck

We posted at the same time and you just answered my question. It makes sense. One day I'll try vegan chicken! 

24 minutes ago, Elisa said:

Absolutely, but if you follow Travis or Toby Morse on Instagram, you'll see that at that Crossroads restaurant they make sure your vegan burger tastes like a real burger and your vegan chicken tastes like real chicken. Why does vegan food need to taste like meat? I've never ordered chicken and said "make it taste like spinach." 

Exactly. I understand if you are against the meat industry and avoid meat because of that. 

But, like my sister, hating meat (also because of industry), think its gross, always telling people random facts about why its bad eating it etc then eating a hot dog thats not really meat but something else, ordering fake chicken and so on

• Like 1