The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

42 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

Oh, the photo game, I can play too. Most of the time Travis is sucking in his stomach. He is still sucking in in here but you can see more of his gut.

Spoiler

travis-barker-shirtless-01.jpg

That picture is from 2008. Since then, he has improved overall.

Anyway, to show some abs definition is not an easy thing. In fact, it's the most dificult thing to achieve (to get definition). No matter how well you eat or how many core exercises do you have per week. The key there is, too, to be able to stay lean as fuck. Ask any fitness competitor for their lean periods, you'll find their diet is far from being healthy. I mean, if you look at his most recent pictures you can see an improvement, even in his belly. But don't expect him to be as fit as a body builder, so to say, as long as he's not one of them.

And moreover, one thing is to eat well and clean while you're exercising to be healthy, and another very different is to starve and have a dedicated diet to get really lean, without losing muscle, and have a fitness competitor's six pack, amongst other tings. A healthy diet doesn't guarantee you a super duper six pack. Neither I think Travis has suggested something like that.

Also, the Pitt example is not fair. He, mostly, trains and probably follows a specific diet to get that fit. I don't think Travis' goal is that. I think you're mixing things here.

When you follow Travis on Ig/Snapchat you'll see that he doesn't use a lot of weight, and goes for high reps in his workouts (and that he loves his Juicero machine lol).

Point is, he definitely doesn't want to build muscle, he just exercises to stay healthy. Therefore the Brad Pitt comparison is invalid. 

• Like 1

Even if you are in the gym using low weight, high reps, and all of that, you should be getting something more. Was just never impressed with his gains. That's all. I am not saying he's in bad shape, but again, for a guy who spends all the time in the gym and eats clean, its just very meh.

So when I see the waffles and chicken, it makes sense that his lack of gains are likely due to him not really eating clean and in the gym everyday. I don't see the big deal here.

Funny enough this is Tony Horton when he was 41 years old in 1999. He is not a "body builder" he does what Travis does, eats clean and goes to the gym. Do you see where I am going with this? Either Travis has bad genes or just cheats the shit out of his diet, which the latter is more likely.

.73c604b23be7ee851636e0b70c4aea78.jpg

29 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

I think I easily surpass Travis gains by doing a 20 minute floor workout with no weights and eating just kind of ok for like 2 months.

Is this like the guitar competition where everyone doubts the shit out of me and then I come back and its like, once again Oliver tells it like it is. Look at that.

But who cares? If you're fit good for you who the hell here cares? No offense Oliver

• Like 3

Staying lean is hard as fuck.

I can diet and exercise to the point where im shredded with abs and veins. 

I can last that a few months and then im slowly gaining fat again. 90% of men arent build to be six-pack lean. 

Also. Travis isn't sucking his stomach in. He has good oblique muscles and a little loose lower belly fat. It looks sunken because in the middle theres more ab muscles and fat..so the sides look a little sunken. 

I also have that when i gain fat. Thats normal. Not everyone has a flat stomach.

(Sorry super fascinated about body anatomy and exercise stuff...)

7 hours ago, Olidamus said:

This is an example of someone (Brad Pitt) in amazing shape (BTW he is 50 years old in this pic I think). travis ain't there.

Again, Travis is in great shape! But its nothing to write home about.

24165A0A23EE4105B0CDC18BFDBA08F7.jpg

Brad pitt's phisique in Fight Club and Snatch were the reason i wanted to exercise.

Such a handsome guy fuck.

• Like 1

Genuine question Oliver, why do you even care how ripped Travis is?  I mean he doesn't look unhealthy at all, sure he's not the most buff guy in the world, but he doesn't look like he's on death's door or struggling to to move around.  He's still fantastic at the drums, and if he's not as into drugs as he used to be (which does seem to be the case), then he's probably going to live for many years to come (barring some sort of outside forces like a plane crash taking him out).  So seriously, who gives a shit?  I mean did you used to be attracted to him, or do you want to be attracted to him, but are finding it not possible because he doesn't meet your desires for how he looks?  I genuinely can't think of any other reason why you'd even care.

And why is it gay?

If you are a grown man and can't handle a male physique and also calling it ''gay'' then there's something wrong though

Me and friends will totally check out eachothers body after transformation. Doesn't mean your dick gets hard.... See it as a sculpture of work and dedication. 

But i will shut my mouth and come back whenever the subject changes to blink again.

3 minutes ago, jordidanen95 said:

And why is it gay?

If you are a grown man and can't handle a male physique and also calling it ''gay'' then there's something wrong though

Me and friends will totally check out eachothers body after transformation. Doesn't mean your dick gets hard.... See it as a sculpture of work and dedication. 

But i will shut my mouth and come back whenever the subject changes to blink again.

It's gay because you constantly feel the need to share shirtless photos of yourself to a board of primarily straight men who aren't asking for it.