The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

Yeah, I am with you guys on eating bulking healthy meals. My problem is ; and I know this is not going to be shocking, but I find a lot of healthy food to be fairly tasteless and unfulfilling. I think when you get use to a diet high in sodium, low sodium foods just don't have much taste. As a result I found myself eating very small portions of vegetables/rice/chicken because I just didn't care for it as a result I wasn't getting the amount of food I needed.

When it comes down to it, that is the issue with most people and diet, they can't stick to it because healthy food is just bland. Furthermore, healthy food actually makes me feel like shit. Because my body is so addicted to crap, that it will do some withdrawal type stuff where I am just craving bad food.

32 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

Yeah, I am with you guys on eating bulking healthy meals. My problem is ; and I know this is not going to be shocking, but I find a lot of healthy food to be fairly tasteless and unfulfilling. I think when you get use to a diet high in sodium, low sodium foods just don't have much taste. As a result I found myself eating very small portions of vegetables/rice/chicken because I just didn't care for it as a result I wasn't getting the amount of food I needed.

When it comes down to it, that is the issue with most people and diet, they can't stick to it because healthy food is just bland. Furthermore, healthy food actually makes me feel like shit. Because my body is so addicted to crap, that it will do some withdrawal type stuff where I am just craving bad food.

My life, in a quote.

In all seriousness though, one of the things that stuck with me when I actually was trying to diet, was having chicken and salad as basically half my meals. literally every lunch for me in work is a chicken salad wrap. no sauces or other junk, straight lettuce (maybe with carrot or cucumber) and straight up cooked chicken boob in as low a calorie wrap as I can find. I made it a part of my routine, got used to it (as I was used to much more satisfying lunches) and after a while it just works for me. I think with most diets its a case of making it a part of your routine, something you expect and are used to, then it will eventually work. Like yeah, healthy food tastes meh thats why obesity is a thing, but its as much a part of training your mind as it is about training your body. 

What I will say though is that adding like, cayanne pepper and paprika and such to most things has upped my enjoyment of 'healthy' food considerably. if you just make it spicy as hell you can enjoy anything. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Kay said:

My life, in a quote.

In all seriousness though, one of the things that stuck with me when I actually was trying to diet, was having chicken and salad as basically half my meals. literally every lunch for me in work is a chicken salad wrap. no sauces or other junk, straight lettuce (maybe with carrot or cucumber) and straight up cooked chicken boob in as low a calorie wrap as I can find. I made it a part of my routine, got used to it (as I was used to much more satisfying lunches) and after a while it just works for me. I think with most diets its a case of making it a part of your routine, something you expect and are used to, then it will eventually work. Like yeah, healthy food tastes meh thats why obesity is a thing, but its as much a part of training your mind as it is about training your body. 

What I will say though is that adding like, cayanne pepper and paprika and such to most things has upped my enjoyment of 'healthy' food considerably. if you just make it spicy as hell you can enjoy anything. 

That is very true, they say 2 weeks of healthy eating and it will get you in the habit. But those first 2 weeks can suck. Although I will say, I fell off the wagon very quickly after eating healthy for awhile, its so easy. Then when I didn't gain any weight or see any issues, it became that much easier.

13 hours ago, Olidamus said:

The more BK, Mcdonalds I eat, the better I look. At first that doesn't make sense, but it does. To grow muscle, you need tons of calories, can't get that eating healthy food, unless I want to eat like 20 salads. So I BK binge, workout, muscle gets built, muscle burns off the excess fat. If I eat healthy, gain no muscle, no muscle to burn fat, so skinny fat.

I've done experiments, its crazy, I seriously look better BK binging.

I am speechless.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Olidamus said:

Hahaha, I feel ya, man. That's real. And that's what really makes that kind of food addictive. Sugar plays an important role there. Like a... few years? ago, I stopped to eat industrial bakery. Or, at last, I avoid as much as I can. Also, I avoid as much refined sugar I can too (and I don't drink milk since yesteryear). I don't use it for coffe, for example. I just take it solo, without any sweetener. The frst taste was weird, now I love it. Seriously. I'm now used to eat more natural sugars (the one that comes with fruit, honey and stuff like that) and when I eat something that has TONS of refined one, like in the industrial bakery, I just can't take it, makes me nauseous. Is surprising how much we get used to a taste that, in the end, when you step out of it, it's really disgusting.

A friend of mine, which ended up studying nutrition after we ended up university, once told me: "if when you eat mature fruit, it doesn't taste to you like the sweetest and cloying thing in the planet, then you're taking too much sugar in your diet". And I swear that's true.

And well, going back to Tom, I just saw an article about him and the UFO thing... again, in time when Blink releases new stuff. A year ago he did the same. But, anybody knows what he announced then, and what he has accomplished since then?

4 minutes ago, Speedo said:

No. Stupid ass.

Well I just looked up the quote, that's definitely false, I meant day to day. You only have so much energy throughout the day before you need sleep... For longevity obviously Trump is wrong you don't just have a finite amount of energy to use.  Exercising gives you more if anything as it benefits your body's health.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Smalls said:

To think of/pray for this kid to get better?? Don't have to read between the lines on this one lol.

Native Americans doing a rain dance and then rain comes? Prayer and healing? Lab proven studies.....Im sorry but thats just ridiculous.

• Like 1

Don´t think Tom´s post is weird or stupid. Believing in stuff like that is common. People pray in churches all over the world each and every day.

The hashtag in the end is strange. I think you should leave promotion out when you post stuff like that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Osgod said:

Don´t think Tom´s post is weird or stupid. Believing in stuff like that is common. People pray in churches all over the world each and every day.

The hashtag in the end is strange. I think you should leave promotion out when you post stuff like that.

Yeah that part was tacky but really this post probably made that kid's day, hash-tag or not.