The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

2 hours ago, FightingTheGravity said:

@CC182 you know I was gonna say this too, because the way you approach it is super loopy, but damn I had no idea this Pizzagate thing was from WiKi leaks, that's all you had to say.  Those are real sources. Fuck those sick mother fuckers, way too fucked up whatever this pizza code stands for.

Can we make a conspiracy section or thread? 

These two shouldn't be allowed to read each other's posts. They're fueling each other's paranoia.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

These two shouldn't be allowed to read each other's posts. They're fueling each other's paranoia.

Did you know Jan knows all of the code words for soliciting sexual acts with children?

1 hour ago, knapton said:

I feel like if someone tried to abduct your good friends teenage daughter in your area, you would say some outlandish shit too. 

Just having a joke. I just thought the connect the dots line was funny

That was surprisingly well fit to my bafflings.

Im a normal sane person seeing future forever changed. But if its the "toms way" were more fucked than ever.

I say it again. Those who rule the earth, will play alien-card with full power when pizzagate-shit truly hits the fan. Getting closer by day.

19 minutes ago, CC182 said:

That was surprisingly well fit to my bafflings.

Im a normal sane person seeing future forever changed. But if its the "toms way" were more fucked than ever.

I say it again. Those who rule the earth, will play alien-card with full power when pizzagate-shit truly hits the fan. Getting closer by day.

This article is interesting because it talks about why people believe in conspiracy theories.

A lot of times it is low self worth, lack of control, extreme cynicism about the world, and paranoia.

Also, certain events can leave emotional trama and kick the brain into overdrive. A person way of trying to regain control is to invent a conspiracy theory. They know the truth, while so many others are fooled. It is a self defense mechanism.

What I am saying is, it is very possible you were molested as a child; knowing the "truth" about pizzagate is a coping mechanism.

You might consider professional help.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/26/magazine/why-rational-people-buy-into-conspiracy-theories.html

While psychologists can’t know exactly what goes on inside our heads, they have, through surveys and laboratory studies, come up with a set of traits that correlate well with conspiracy belief. In 2010, Swami and a co-author summarized this research in The Psychologist, a scientific journal. They found, perhaps surprisingly, that believers are more likely to be cynical about the world in general and politics in particular. Conspiracy theories also seem to be more compelling to those with low self-worth, especially with regard to their sense of agency in the world at large. Conspiracy theories appear to be a way of reacting to uncertainty and powerlessness.

Economic recessions, terrorist attacks and natural disasters are massive, looming threats, but we have little power over when they occur or how or what happens afterward. In these moments of powerlessness and uncertainty, a part of the brain called the amygdala kicks into action. Paul Whalen, a scientist at Dartmouth College who studies the amygdala, says it doesn’t exactly do anything on its own. Instead, the amygdala jump-starts the rest of the brain into analytical overdrive — prompting repeated reassessments of information in an attempt to create a coherent and understandable narrative, to understand what just happened, what threats still exist and what should be done now. This may be a useful way to understand how, writ large, the brain’s capacity for generating new narratives after shocking events can contribute to so much paranoia in this country.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

This article is interesting because it talks about why people believe in conspiracy theories.

A lot of times it is low self worth, lack of control, extreme cynicism about the world, and paranoia.

Also, certain events can leave emotional trama and kick the brain into overdrive. A person way of trying to regain control is to invent a conspiracy theory. They know the truth, while so many others are fooled. It is a self defense mechanism.

What I am saying is, it is very possible you were molested as a child; knowing the "truth" about pizzagate is a coping mechanism.

You might consider professional help.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/26/magazine/why-rational-people-buy-into-conspiracy-theories.html

But that article is just a smokescreen to make conspiracy theorists look crazy when they're on the trail of the real global overlords in the new world order and to take the heat off them. Podesta probably wrote the article himself.

• Like 1