The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

So uh...let's talk about this.

- the goal of the operation is to get the story out through Hollywood.

- it's a billion dollar project backed by one of the richest people in the world.

- 100 episode series over the course of 5 years directed/produced by jj Abrams and Spielberg 

I made it through 7 minutes of name dropping rambling with a random segment about Roswell in the 80s. I'm glad you clarified some points brendan because holy crap could I not sit through anymore of that.

as with all Tom related stuff, I'll believe it when I see it. that video is uploaded on a channel with 2.2k subscribers and has been up for over two weeks with less than 100 thousand views, considering the content you'd expect a bigger spectacle. All this tells me is maybe other higher ups in the UFO circles are just as bat crap crazy as Tom.

4 hours ago, Olidamus said:

Meh, his outburst was kind of stupid. No question I have no problem with being outrages at child molestors, but the whole "These guys are lucky we didn't get to them before the police did" is a bit stupid, because Tom would be getting carted off to jail with the pedos. Hand in handcuffed motherfucking hand.

Oh please, let's not nitpick a guy having a bunch of child kidnappers running around his neighborhood.  You know what he was getting at.

22 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

I wouldn't recommend wasting 10 seconds on that video guy is just a nutcase.

It's like trying to get the meaning of life from a homeless guy who is drunk. You just casually say "oh cool" as you slowly try to make your escape.

I'd say the drunk homeless guy is probably on to something.

http://www.kusi.com/story/35996569/truck-pulled-over-matching-description-of-vehicle-involved-in-encinitas-attempted-kidnapping

At least we know Tom is still affording a million dollar home.  Sometimes you wondered with all the pics he takes of his like garage shitter studio. 

Tom would be a cool neighbor to have though.  He seems like a guy who would actually come over for a barbecue with his neighbors.  Can't say the same about Mark & Travis

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kay said:

I made it through 7 minutes of name dropping rambling with a random segment about Roswell in the 80s. I'm glad you clarified some points brendan because holy crap could I not sit through anymore of that.

fuck me yes, what a snoozefest 

4 hours ago, FightingTheGravity said:

Oh please, let's not nitpick a guy having a bunch of child kidnappers running around his neighborhood.  You know what he was getting at.

Nah, it was still immature. Lots of times I want to go off on facebook and I hold my tongue. No sense is spilling my cereal all over the place.

That is what I have this place for.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

Nah, it was still immature. Lots of times I want to go off on facebook and I hold my tongue. No sense is spilling my cereal all over the place.

That is what I have this place for.

It's Tom Delonge ;D ;D.   What are you expecting.  I still don't mind it, I like Tom being angry/edgy over fantasy land to the stars shit.

Agreed to the second part.  

Blink-182 Tom left in 2004 and Jesus Tom entered the game in 2005. It's clear he has been abducted by Aliens. He sang about it in his songs.

The fuck happened to this guy. When I was a teenager I looked up to him, he was everything as a "teenage rebel" I wanted to be. Now all I see is cringe and just embarrassment.

In all honesty I think drugs fucked him up.

16 hours ago, Olidamus said:

This article is interesting because it talks about why people believe in conspiracy theories.

A lot of times it is low self worth, lack of control, extreme cynicism about the world, and paranoia.

Also, certain events can leave emotional trama and kick the brain into overdrive. A person way of trying to regain control is to invent a conspiracy theory. They know the truth, while so many others are fooled. It is a self defense mechanism.

What I am saying is, it is very possible you were molested as a child; knowing the "truth" about pizzagate is a coping mechanism.

You might consider professional help.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/26/magazine/why-rational-people-buy-into-conspiracy-theories.html

While I agree with the article's points, it's kinda hypocritical to write like that about an "unprotected" group that's considered a fair or an easy target while the exact same thing could be written of religious people.

2 hours ago, bastard said:

Blink-182 Tom left in 2004 and Jesus Tom entered the game in 2005. It's clear he has been abducted by Aliens. He sang about it in his songs.

The fuck happened to this guy. When I was a teenager I looked up to him, he was everything as a "teenage rebel" I wanted to be. Now all I see is cringe and just embarrassment.

Drugs played a role. but Tom was addicted to drugs before he went crazy. I think fame played a bigger part in things. Fame screwed all 3 members of Blink up in different ways.

About 20 years ago I had a friend who was totally normal, and almost over night he turned wacko, and I am still FB friends with this guy and he still hasn't recovered. So I guess it is a very common tale.

1 hour ago, Clarke said:

I have friend like that as well who just completely fell of the earth.  It's the friendship that vividly made me understand how Mark and Tom could be so similar, but yet able to grow apart.

I think fame fucked with Tom's head.  If you think about, Tom probably has a very interesting perspective on life.  I mean, if you believe that you can be on top of the world by making dick jokes and writing songs (which he was), then imagine what the hell this guy thought he could do if he tried a lot harder.  I think the magnitude of blink's success probably messed with his perspective of the work to reward ratio.

Definitely. its why it annoys me so much when he goes all 'go after your dreams' to his fans, because it's very easy for him to say that, he's only now able to follow whatever whim or dream he has now because of the money and fame he got from blink. Not everyone can quit their day job to start a company and invest all their money in it and still live comfortably, in fact thats mostly impossible. he has a total lack of perspective of real every day life. 

6 hours ago, bastard said:

Wait are you actually mad he went ape shit on a bunch of guys kidnapping kids in his neighborhood?....

45 minutes ago, CC182 said:

Lol I love how in an article they have to state.

"He said, in what apparently seemed to be an upcoming big announcement"

• Like 1