The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

I saw them when they toured after the first Love album was out and I quite enjoyed it. I think when you are there though its so much different then watching it on youtube. When you're there and the lights are going and people around you are into it, its much easier to enjoy a sub par performance then on youtube. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I dunno the crowd was probably more into Tom's sort version of Reckless Abandon when I saw them than they were about anything else that night. 

Maybe Tom should have just... stayed in blink?

No one cared when I saw +44 open for FOB (I know, I know... but I really wanted to see Mark and Travis). But when WMAA came on... biggest pop of the night.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, vic vinegar said:

http://www.altpress.com/features/entry/op_ed_tom_delonge_is_a_musical_genius

I don't agree with everything here in this article, and we've pointed out and discussed a ton of the tidbits already, but an interesting interpretation of Tom's career.

That's such a fan boy response to be honest. I mean, making a fuss about the LOVE records which are universally considered to be massive disappointments even by AVA fan standards and I'm sorry, how anyone can say this with a straight face is baffling 

Tom sings with a freshness that gives you the feeling of living that life with him, be it building a “New World” or dreaming of being “Suburban Kings.”

I'm sorry but what the actual fuck is that? did the writer even listen to odds and ends?

He's giving Tom 'genius' credit for things he didn't actually do. Calling him an author and doing all this creative work, except he isn't an author. He has ideas and gives them to actual writers who do all the work. That's not remotely in the same league. Plus, any fucking idiot can be an author, the only difference with Tom is that he has enough money to throw it out there and market it unlike the majority of people. 

I love Tom as a songwriter, and I am a giant blink fan but people really need a reality and perspective check if they're going to call that UFO chasing mediocre guitarist a fucking genius. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Since88 said:

Buhuu people are calling Tom genius, buhuu. They're calling him an author buhuu. He's just mediocre but people say he's genius buhuuu

the word you're looking for is 'boohoo', if you're going to pathetically insult me at least do it correctly, dick cheese.