The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

Tom is not a great singer or great guitarist in a technical sense, but his songwritingability surely is something a lot of people tried to copy, yet no one really got it right.

Does that make him a genius? probably not.....

but he sure was/is a very unique gem in this music world(for me)  that strives for simplicity and comfort, and i really wish he would put out more music just to show his abilities he definitaly still has somewhere burried under all the crazy  shit that he went through.....

Mark is a great songwriter, with a great recognisable voice, suited for the genre he decides to work in...

tom is a guy that divides and makes this forum fight day by day..... maybe he's not that great, but, even as unactive as he currently is, still makes up about 70 percent of the posts of this forum....

• Like 4

I don't think he's lost it. Although I do think he has writers block if he's writing solely by himself, but that isn't a bad thing in my opinion. I'd rather him question his own lyrics, ideas and take his time, because once he's finally finished, his songs tend to be pretty great I think.

I know blink used to rush their songwriting back in their early years, especially with their first 2 albums, but they're not the same people anymore. Mark is happily married, and if he's not with blink he's with his family it seems. Probably doesn't have much to write about unless he's dealing with personal stuff which at the moment doesn't seem to be the case. His songs with +44 and blink with their Neighborhoods album are pretty personal songs.

California doesn't have that genuine factor outside of a few songs. San Diego, although rushed, is a great song, as it is actually what Mark feels. The guy can crap out 100 songs about Tom in a week, and I'd guarantee nearly all of them would be great. When there's not much to write about, then you may as well take time, that's just my opinion.

As for Tom, he's a great songwriter too. He pushes the sound. Lyrically he's nowhere near as good as Mark IMO. Tom has great ideas though, but they often fall short without Mark and Travis keeping him down to earth. That said, I enjoyed Dream Walker a lot, partly because of him allowing more creative involvement from Rubin. Tom is just better when he's working on songs with other people rather than just coming up with everything himself.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Nosferatu said:

I don't think he's lost it. Although I do think he has writers block if he's writing solely by himself, but that isn't a bad thing in my opinion. I'd rather him question his own lyrics, ideas and take his time, because once he's finally finished, his songs tend to be pretty great I think.

I know blink used to rush their songwriting back in their early years, especially with their first 2 albums, but they're not the same people anymore. Mark is happily married, and if he's not with blink he's with his family it seems. Probably doesn't have much to write about unless he's dealing with personal stuff which at the moment doesn't seem to be the case. His songs with +44 and blink with their Neighborhoods album are pretty personal songs.

California doesn't have that genuine factor outside of a few songs. San Diego, although rushed, is a great song, as it is actually what Mark feels. The guy can crap out 100 songs about Tom in a week, and I'd guarantee nearly all of them would be great. When there's not much to write about, then you may as well take time, that's just my opinion.

As for Tom, he's a great songwriter too. He pushes the sound. Lyrically he's nowhere near as good as Mark IMO. Tom has great ideas though, but they often fall short without Mark and Travis keeping him down to earth. That said, I enjoyed Dream Walker a lot, partly because of him allowing more creative involvement from Rubin. Tom is just better when he's working on songs with other people rather than just coming up with everything himself.

Totally agree.

• Like 2

I'd agree that Mark is definitely not the song writer he was... As weird as Tom is / was - he always did push the music in a direction - it never stayed in the same place. TOYPAJ to Self Titled, Self Titled to WDNTW, to I Empire, to DED, to the Dreamwalker. Gotta hand it to the guy, he's progressive... Whereas say what you will about California - it's definitely not progressive.

• Like 3

http://www.texasufosightings.com/buzz/ufo-community-discusses-leaked-tom-delonge-movie-trailer

Many different expert quotes on UFOs can be heard throughout the trailer, and I doubt many will be surprised by them. However, there are some things Tom Delonge has "found out" through his research that he does share in the video, so I wanted to capture:

Certain things  should never have been secret

There were certain secrets that were justifiable at time, but should now be disclosed

There are certain things (truths) so terrifying and so unimaginable, that certain interests don't think they should ever be disclosed to us

Edit: feel welcome to join debate / redpilling-thread, fellows.

On 8/19/2017 at 4:03 AM, CC182 said:

http://www.texasufosightings.com/buzz/ufo-community-discusses-leaked-tom-delonge-movie-trailer

Many different expert quotes on UFOs can be heard throughout the trailer, and I doubt many will be surprised by them. However, there are some things Tom Delonge has "found out" through his research that he does share in the video, so I wanted to capture:

Certain things  should never have been secret

There were certain secrets that were justifiable at time, but should now be disclosed

There are certain things (truths) so terrifying and so unimaginable, that certain interests don't think they should ever be disclosed to us

Edit: feel welcome to join debate / redpilling-thread, fellows.

What a bunch of dumbfucks lol. Around the 2 minute mark when the trailer is getting all serious and shit there's a red flag that comes up on the screen that's supposed to say "anti-gravity" but they misspelled it so it reads "anit" gravity haha.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Smalls said:

What a bunch of dumbfucks lol. Around the 2 minute mark when the trailer is getting all serious and shit there's a red flag that comes up on the screen that's supposed to say "anti-gravity" but they misspelled it so it reads "anit" gravity haha.

To be fair, it was a trailer that was in production that was leaked. They were still working on it.

5 hours ago, daveyjones said:

well, sure. but in the same way i wouldn't call bad religion's 21st century digital boy a song from stranger than fiction (though i heard it there first).

What release was the original recording of Lemmings on? Not trying to start a fight, argue or otherwise insult you... just not sure when Lemmings was truly first released on a record, tape, CD, whatever.