The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

Well this is really interesting:

The triple j Hottest 100 2016 runner-up also couldn’t help but ask DeLonge about his departure from Blink-182.

“It was really funny, because I was hammering him with a few questions and then I realised ‘What are you doing?’ and I said to him, ‘I’m really sorry for asking all these questions, you’re probably so sick of it.’ And he’s like, ‘I never talk about it with anyone. No one really asks me.'”

“It’s definitely not a write-off, him coming back,” Shark said. “That’s something we can hold on to I think”.

So I guess Tom really thinks the door is open for him to come back? Maybe there is some weird stuff going on in blink right now?

7 hours ago, Zoltan said:

you guys tend to think in present tense when you read an article like this. it's a month old, and even then it was just an old story, the chick and tom probably talked to each other 6 months ago.

It literally says one of her last emails is from Tom. Sounds like they’re pretty good friends.

1 hour ago, vic vinegar said:

Hmm I took it like her project with Tom is him coming back. Not coming back to blink. Or maybe AVA.

That’s definitely not what she’s talking about. She’s specifically talking about blink for that whole paragraph, just who knows if it means anything.

I'd love to see Tom rejoin Blink.

I've given up on caring about the politics of the band. If Tom rejoins Blink, it means better guitar riffs and more interesting style/genres. As long as he doesn't torpedo the recording process, I don't see how they have anything to lose with him joining as a 4 piece band.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Clarkerpes said:

I'd love to see Tom rejoin Blink.

I've given up on caring about the politics of the band. If Tom rejoins Blink, it means better guitar riffs and more interesting style/genres. As long as he doesn't torpedo the recording process, I don't see how they have anything to lose with him joining as a 4 piece band.

You're a fucking retard. Tom hasn't given a shit about blink since '03 son. He's never coming "back" in the sense that you want.

• Like 1

I'm sure many of you have seen this, but I just watched this this morning..

It's really cool/sad to see Tom play Blink songs, all the way back to Dammit and Dumpweed and how him and Mark just had a magical connection with writing music.  I like that Tom finds Dumpweed the best Blink opener by far.

Also I get why ppl find him cringe when he constantly uses revisionist history about their sound. Hearing 'architecture' and 'nursery' 100 times...smh Tom. But he does have a point, the way they put together bridges was new or unique enough for many of us..heck we still go on about them.

52 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

If Tom ever rejoined Blink, I wouldn't believe it until the album dropped and it was full of great songs. Believing in any Blink reunion with Tom prior to that moment in time would be totally foolish.

I'd actually love it if they didn't announce Tom rejoined and they secretly recorded an album, then just announced the album one day or one week before release or something. I'd be hyped as hell.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Smalls said:

You're a fucking retard. Tom hasn't given a shit about blink since '03 son. He's never coming "back" in the sense that you want.

I don't care if he gives a shit or not. Some of the riffs off Neighborhoods and DED shit on the California guitar work. Half assed Tom > no Tom.  What is there to lose in adding Tom to the band and keeping Skiba, provided that Tom doesn't block any recording with the band?

Blink is as mediocre as ever right now. They need to get him back to make decent music again. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Speedo said:

^Justin is a homosexual.

Also was a joke if you didn't catch that. I've been trolling the ava movement like crazy because all those tom bots think this 10/11 bullshit he's posting will be the coming of Christ it's pathetic.  It's going to be an announcement or more useless home goods.

The other day I was listening to the acoustic WDNTW and then I switched to California. Prior to this I didn't mind the album, but this time I was like "wait, wtf? A huge reason why I liked blink was because Tom was in it and I liked his guitar style/shitty vocals. Fuck this album." No disrespect to Matt, but I didn't sign up for "blink lite". I'm over new blink. As far as musical interest goes, blink was as far as I got into punk/pop-punk. I'm just gonna step away altogether and get fully back into hip hop/rap.