The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

6 hours ago, two said:

They demonstrate how Tom is willing to experiment musically whereas the California album was just a regression to old blink- more of the same. Their best album- the self-titled one- owes a lot to Tom's willingness to try new shit. Take Tom out of the equation and what do you get? California. Before I was willing to be open-minded but finally it was like a personal epiphany- "fuck this album".

That EP was not 'experimenting musically' it was a thrown together cash grab. take the songs, shove it on acoustic and sprinkle electric mess on top does not make a decent 'Acoustic' EP. I hate California but that EP is definitely not an example of Tom trying new things or being particularly talented. Of Nightmares did a much better job of that. 

• Like 1

Ok so the AVA Movement has apparently been picking up on random "10/11" numbers in Tom's recent Instagram posts, I scoffed it off as BS and laughed at the thought of Tom being smart enough to hide a message in his social media. BUT, 12 hours ago Tom posted another photo of himself with a caption saying "Calm before the storm...", and just a few minutes ago updated his Instagram bio to contain this link:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/inside-knowledge-about-unidentified-aerial-phenomena_us_59dc1230e4b0b48cd8e0a5c7

Tom has been busy, and there is an announcement tomorrow. Looks like he started a new research company/initiative:

https://dpo.tothestarsacademy.com/

On 10/9/2017 at 8:25 AM, ryan1125 said:

Mark/Travis seem super happy,

I agree with everything in your post EXCEPT this. Maybe it's just a long-term bit or something but Mark is never smiling in photos, never excited in interviews, he doesn't seem all that happy to me. But that doesn't mean he doesn't prefer the setup they have now vs. with Tom.

9 minutes ago, Ghent said:

LMAO. Tom launched a "to the stars academy" and is asking for investors to fund "feature films." this is the biggest thing he's been working on for years

Lol what the fuck just read the huffington post article. Build a vehicle that defies space time? I’ll apply for a job if they’re paying the going rate for computer engineers. They could make me write programs that make farts for all I care if they’re paying me six figures. The problem is I imagine employees wouldn’t get paid properly and I don’t know if I could handle being around conspiracy theorists all day.

For only ~$200 you can get all the sekrets!!!! 

It's actually hilarious that Poet Anderson/Strange Times are even mentioned on that website LOL. It even says "Strange Times Record in Development". Like I totally understand Tom putting together a board of people to research and do some cool projects, but please separate the "Academy" from the normal TTS stuff.

• Like 1

Here is the fine print I'm digging into

https://to-the-stars-web-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/downloads/TTSA_Offering_Circular_092917_vLAUNCH_DAY.pdf

Already on page 5:

"To date, our revenues have not been sufficient to fund operations. Thus, until we can generate sufficient cash flows to fund operations, we aredependent on raising additional capital through debt and/or equity transactions"

• Haha 1

Summary Risk Factors

Our business is subject to a number of risks and uncertainties, including those highlighted in the section titled “Risk Factors” immediately followingthis summary. These risks include, but are not limited to, the following:

x

This is essentiallya brand-new company.

x

As a public benefit corporation, our decision-making includes more than profitability.

x

The offering price has been arbitrarily set by the company and the valuation is high.

x

Our costs may grow more quickly than our revenues, harming our business and profitability.

x

With a retail ecommerce store, we are relianton the Internet as well as third parties

to provide the back end, so we may be vulnerableto hackers.

x

We would be damaged by the death, incapacity,departure, or damage to the reputationof principal investor/key man Tom DeLonge.

x

We may not be able to maintain and growour user base and user engagement.

x

Aerospace and scientific research and development can be risky, and there are no guarantees that any of the projects we undertake will lead to a commercially-viable product.

x

Competitors may be able to callon more resources than the company.

x

The company may encounter challenges in the legislative or regulatory environment.

x

We have a concentration riskfrom a third-party provider.

x

If we are unable to protect our intellectualproperty, the value of our brand and other intangible assets may be diminished andour business may be adversely affected.

x

The failure of the company to attract and retain highly qualified personnel in the future could harm our business.

x

We expect to raise additional capital through equity offerings and to provide employees with equity incentives.

x

It will take a while for profits to come in.

x

The company may need more money.

x

You may not like our projects.

x

We are required to pay a minimum royalty guarantee of $100,000 each calendar year.

x

There is no current market for any of the company’s shares of stock.We may have a large shareholder base.Equity crowdfunding is new. Provisions in our Amended and Restated Certificate of Incorporation permit certain directors and shareholders leeway with respect tocompetition and corporate opportunities.

x

Our Class B shareholders have theright to approve certain matters.

• Haha 1