The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

1 hour ago, _Kyle_ said:

3F00KvcJEKXmmFA8ydlwomH_6OIra8v7nLe7N1kq

yeah cause blink would NEVER do that...

Gosh I remember the days when I would see a glimpse of the new Blink CD packaging or the different colors for the +44 album and I'd be pissing myself in excitement wondering the secrets inside that disc and what they've been brewing up.. now this just looks like a piece of plastic.  Ever since I got over excited for California I'll never be that excited again. But it's probably good to not piss yourself

his laziness is also reflected in the fact that most of the work he's put out post-2015 have been animations he only gave notes on, which was written by some old screenwriter, and books written by scholars that he just slaps his name on. his "transmedia company" is him taking credit for other people's work lol

Just now, MattSkibbasuxatguitar said:

Gosh I remember the days when I would see a glimpse of the new Blink CD packaging or the different colors for the +44 album and I'd be pissing myself in excitement wondering the secrets inside that disc and what they've been brewing up.. now this just looks like a piece of plastic.  Ever since I got over excited for California I'll never be that excited again. But it's probably good to not piss yourself

Me too brother. Just another day in the failedmann factory.

1 minute ago, boxelder said:

his laziness is also reflected in the fact that most of the work he's put out post-2015 have been animations he only gave notes on, which was written by some old screenwriter, and books written by scholars that he just slaps his name on. his "transmedia company" is him taking credit for other people's work lol

it's a lot like George Lucas. He would just half-ass it and hire people to make it better. a big reason the prequels are such giant works of art employing thousands of artists and workers, just bad art.

4 minutes ago, MattSkibbasuxatguitar said:

I mean....they are just pieces of plastic....?

Just now, Olidamus said:

Its not HIS band, it is their band.

You claim to be fair and objective about this but you definitely say some off the way tombot shit.

is it still not his band too?

So much of this stuff seems to have just been normal band bullshit that they never properly communicated about. I wish they would have had some kind of band therapist or something haha. Like seriously the Modlife thing, Tom was probably like "this could be rad and it means a lot to me and I would love to use it with Blink," but instead it was seen by Mark as "he is just trying to control everything and make himself more money."

On the flip side, Mark was probably like "this is risky and unnecessary, I'd rather just go the traditional media route we've always done so well" but instead it was seen by Tom as "Tom's ideas are stupid and I don't want to support anything he does"

I mean damn guys, I really feel like they could have made peace so easily over the years if they just communicated haha. Maybe they should get that therapist dude from the Metallica documentary and make Urethra Chronicles 3 haha

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

is it still not his band too?

Blink 182 is a democracy. Always was. Putting their album on his site is a conflict of interest for sure and if Mark and Travis didn't like the idea, that was their right to veto it.

Sad that your hero's ego got so big that he couldn't handle a democratic work environment and needed to be in a band that gave him full control.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

Its not HIS band, it is their band.

You claim to be fair and objective about this but you definitely say some off the wall tombot shit.

Yeah, Tom continuously stomping his feet in the ground that blink is his band has always bothered me.  I've said it before, but I'll say it again, by definition a band has to be more than one person, else you're just a solo act.  It takes at least 2 people to start a band.  blink is part his, but its not all his, and his insistence that it is really just reads like a toddler who can't share.  "No! It's mine!"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, M!ke said:

Yeah, Tom continuously stomping his feet in the ground that blink is his band has always bothered me.  I've said it before, but I'll say it again, by definition a band has to be more than one person, else you're just a solo act.  It takes at least 2 people to start a band.  blink is part his, but its not all his, and his insistence that it is really just reads like a toddler who can't share.  "No! It's mine!"

Yep, exactly.

15 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

Blink 182 is a democracy. Always was. Putting their album on his site is a conflict of interest for sure and if Mark and Travis didn't like the idea, that was their right to veto it.

Sad that your hero's ego got so big that he couldn't handle a democratic work environment and needed to be in a band that gave him full control.

A conflict of interest to whom? He didn't get to do what he wanted to do correct? See Tom respects that at least. Again, he's not even my hero. I've never even met the man.

26 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

A conflict of interest to whom? He didn't get to do what he wanted to do correct? See Tom respects that at least. Again, he's not even my hero. I've never even met the man.

You trolling?

Do you know what a democratic process is?

Its a conflict of interest when you put a Blink 182 album on a Tom Delonge platform. If me and you worked on something 50/50 and it was released by my company where all the publicity and profits of said venture benefitted me over you, that would be a conflict of interest.

This is basic stuff.