The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

14 hours ago, daveyjones said:

that's my impression as well. maybe it's because a lot of folks on here are younger?

Could be, I kinda assumed most people were around my age (28) I wonder if there are people who can't drink yet that post here, that would be surprising to me! Haha

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

Could be, I kinda assumed most people were around my age (28) I wonder if there are people who can't drink yet that post here, that would be surprising to me! Haha

I think you're right. Most of us are mid-20s to early/mid-30s. There are only a few regular posters who are younger than that.

3 hours ago, Olidamus said:

I put in my online dating profile that I am not interested in anyone who is obsessed with drinking. Had to do it. Because too many are. Like a few drinks during dinner is fine.

If all you want to do for a good time is go out and sit in a bar; I have zero interest.

I just started a new job and it sounds like most of the guys just get fucked up on their time off and its just not for me. 

18 hours ago, Olidamus said:

I put in my online dating profile that I am not interested in anyone who is obsessed with drinking. Had to do it. Because too many are. Like a few drinks during dinner is fine.

If all you want to do for a good time is go out and sit in a bar; I have zero interest.

I'd take that out if I were you.

Even those that aren't obsessed with drinking will read that and think you've got a stick up your arse.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ...Dan... said:

I'd take that out if I were you.

Even those that aren't obsessed with drinking will read that and think you've got a stick up your arse.

My thoughts exactly. Id never swipe right (or what ever it is) if i’d read that on some girls profile. Setting boundaries immediataly. No thanks. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Reginald said:

My thoughts exactly. Id never swipe right (or what ever it is) if i’d read that on some girls profile. Setting boundaries immediataly. No thanks. 

Even if you agree with what their outlook is it still looks shit.

Makes you come across as judgmental straight away which is a huge turn off for most people.

Talk about this things you like doing rather than moaning about the stuff you don't. It's a chance to sell yourself, not slate other people for their lifestyles. 

If you drink every day, I think that's a problem.

If you think it's totally chill and no big deal, try not drinking any alcohol at all for one week. if you still feel completely fine with not much urge to drink, then I'll shrug and be like "fair enough" but for a lot of people it's a slow burn dependency that they refuse to acknowledge.

Alcohol is not good for you. drinking it every day is not good for you. telling yourself it's totally fine to drink it every day suggests you have a problem.

Just because the older generations did it, and the culture around you condones it, doesn't mean it's okay. They used to smoke more than eat back in the day too, remember?

People have such a casual attitude to alcohol abuse and it bugs me. I like to have a drink now and again (had a drink on the weekend, in fact) but the most I drink is like once or twice a month, and that's me being generous. if you have a drink on the weekend I'd say "you do you boo" because people need to unwind, but every single day is a dependency and habit. 

• Like 2

Alcohol can be beneficial on health. in small amounts it has good effects on the heart, blood flow (clogging), reduce risk of diabetes and more. I do think its okay to have a beer every night if i live a healthy lifestyle with it  

I’d rather have one beer than a coke, chips or other shit. 

2 hours ago, prankerd14 said:

Having fizzy drinks and chocolate can do as much to u as having one beer a night can...

Just because you drink twice a month doesnt mean people who drink more have a alcohol problem lol

Not what I said.

Just now, Reginald said:

Alcohol can be beneficial on health. in small amounts is has good effects on the heart, blood flow (clogging), reduce risk of diabetes and more. 

I’d rather have one beer than a coke, chips or other shit. 

Some alcohol can, but that doesn't really apply to those knocking back a few beers every night now does it?

I'm not saying it's better or healthier than other snack foods, but it is an addictive poison, it should be treated with the same concern and regard as smoking, drugs, and sugar.