The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

7 hours ago, Alan Rickman said:

I'm actually really excited for this. Happiness does not good art make. Max Bemis case and point. I dont want to hear a peep out of him until he's divorced 

Such a good point, I loved Say Anything and I have a lot of time for Bemis as a musician but everything past and including Anarchy My Dear is freakin' awful and the insipid bits he's done with his wife musically are cringe inducing. I'm glad he's happy, and some songs out of it are amazing (Do The Dohnk and So Good are great songs to me) but the vast majority of it is just rubbish. I have also noticed that the amount I songwrite tanked as soon as I was in a happy relationship, my music has never been as good since haha

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Ghent said:

I'm kind of retarded, so I could have this wrong, but being a mirror pic, wouldn't that be her right hand on the phone?

For a bit I thought you were retarded but you're actually right; the camera hand is her right hand.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

Kind of rumor mill stuff; someone on the AVAbot facebook page said couple girls have been contacted by Tom with him looking for some action and when they've asked if he's married he's said he is separated.

Jen looks like such a gold digger. I can't confirm that but the pics make it quite obvious.

All I know is she looks stupid wearing those huge nikes with her skinny little legs.

57 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

Kind of rumor mill stuff; someone on the AVAbot facebook page said couple girls have been contacted by Tom with him looking for some action and when they've asked if he's married he's said he is separated.

Jen looks like such a gold digger. I can't confirm that but the pics make it quite obvious.

Clearly people on the AVAbot facebook page hasn't heard about brocode..

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Kay said:

I have also noticed that the amount I songwrite tanked as soon as I was in a happy relationship, my music has never been as good since haha

I am the same way for sure. It's really amazing how much music is about bad relationships/ex's/etc. Even current Blink seems to tap into old relationships when they get stuck writing.  We may get some of Tom's best stuff on this next album honestly. I hope he's got a bit of angst and a chip on his shoulder of something to prove. I just wish the Strange Times EP was completely separate so he's not locked down to specific themes.

1 minute ago, Ry-Bread said:

I am the same way for sure. It's really amazing how much music is about bad relationships/ex's/etc. Even current Blink seems to tap into old relationships when they get stuck writing.  We may get some of Tom's best stuff on this next album honestly. I hope he's got a bit of angst and a chip on his shoulder of something to prove. I just wish the Strange Times EP was completely separate so he's not locked down to specific themes.

Genuinely, one of the songs I've been writing with my new band is about an ex I haven't been with in like 11 years. old pain is a goldmine for inspiration, but if your life is just happy and whatever it's hard to be motivated to write about it.

You still can, but painful emotions and experiences are more creatively inspiring than happy and good ones. it's why so many famous artists in a variety of different mediums are usually a total mess as humans. 

6 minutes ago, MSandt said:

How? To me it looks like your typical "liberal" California lifestyle.

A lot of photos of her are living/celebrating being rich.

Which is alright to an extent except that she is rich with someone else's money. None of that money is actually hers. She is shopping, guess who's money that is?

Then she lists her profession as "interior designer" which is code for, "I use my husband's money to buy a bunch of expensive shit".

That is a gold digger.