The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

18 minutes ago, Smalls said:

Says the guy who doesn’t like experimentation and wants the same thing over and over again... 

that's certainly an overstatement of my position. also: that's the nifty thing about taste, it doesn't require any internal consistency. i.e. taste is inherently illogical.

16 hours ago, daveyjones said:

**yawn** half-step chord changes. wow tom, you seriously haven't explored anything new since boxcar racer, have you?

Just cause he uses similar chord patterns, changes and shit like that, it doesn't mean it's not new. He's expanded his sound by learning to use different equipment in his music, for eg delay pedals. He's different in his sound, equipment and musical genres. IMO, just proves that he's a very creative artist that can make songs sound massively different despite using similar patterns, chords and changes. He's definitely learnt and explored new shit.

• Like 1

tom is a really silly guy. the fact he wanted to be treated so seriously still blows my mind. just how do you get that far up your own ass. there's just a level of unawareness that he has that really makes him compelling in that way.

• Like 2