The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

if he has actually met with mark and travis, i would be surprised. that sounds like an outright lie, especially considering how busy they appear to be.

tom says he was working on new world when they got together with feldy, which didn't happen until a full year after new world was even made. it is interesting to note that apparently it's true feldmann will have co-writing creds on songs, which i think is fine.

I have always been thankful for them in my life, but I am a forward thinking artist... oh shut the fuck up tom. you're desperate.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, boxelder said:

tom says he was working on new world when they got together with feldy, which didn't happen until a full year after new world was even made..

I think he meant during the time he was kicked out, he was writing it.

10 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

Hi everybody-

I understand all the craziness out there in Internet-land, it is an odd time for fans of the Blink-182 legacy, I know- It's odd for me, too.

Well, I met with Mark yesterday, and Travis the week before.... I actually talk to Travis almost every day, now.

The answer is this:

We DO have a future together if we want it, but for now we are busy doing separate things. I am directing a movie this summer, releasing a couple more albums of music and digging deeper into my relationships with the US Government on the Sekret Machines Project.

I know people are comparing the Angels and Airwaves Chasing Shadows EP to the new Blink-182 music, and that is a failed task. For one, I think having a song-writer that came in on the Blink album (Feldy- 5 Seconds of Summer, Good Charlotte) was something they felt was necessary, and that in itself may be an indicator of some of our current artistic differences that are difficult to overcome. At the time, I was recording the song NEW WORLD (on the DEMOS album titled after my own name) and that was my personal opinion of where we could possibly take Blink for the next album. But we are at different places in our minds, careers and goals, I get it.

But that said, I obviously want them to make the music they wish. I have always been thankful for them in my life, but I am a forward thinking artist, and sometimes that leads me down a different path- That is why I have done other projects like: Box Car Racer, Angels and Airwaves- LOVE 1 & 2, AND The Dream Walker etc...

I look forward to my upcoming Feature Film, the Historical-Fiction Sekret Machines Project, the Poet Anderson adventure, the ridiculous stories of Strange Times, and a hell of a lot more...

....Maybe even a bit of Blink-182 if we can build back that "special something" that was once there.

Maybe they are meetings with lawyers. This could easily be disputed by Travis, and if so I think it will lose any of Tom's credibility. 

2 minutes ago, thongrider said:

Maybe they are meetings with lawyers. This could easily be disputed by Travis, and if so I think it will lose any of Tom's credibility. 

Dude if that was the case - that would make him look like a complete idiot. So stupid on his part to twist around words like that.

Could this meeting even have realistically happened?

Mark was in LA for KROQ in the AM & had the tour party in the evening. Was the party in LA, or SD?

if it was in LA, I say absolutely no way this meeting happened. Mark did not drive 2 hours back to SD to meet with Tom, then 2 hours back to LA

2 minutes ago, IblinkfanA said:

Could this meeting even have realistically happened?

Mark was in LA for KROQ in the AM & had the tour party in the evening. Was the party in LA, or SD?

if it was in LA, I say absolutely no way this meeting happened. Mark did not drive 2 hours back to SD to meet with Tom, then 2 hours back to LA

(phone calls?)

The guys like an annoying ex that never will go away. i wish he would just be honest and say he wont leave blink because of monies - honestly no matter who you are you would be stupid to do so, so i don't have any problem with Tom doing that.

But let blink be blink and let Tom be bat shit crazy to the stars!

I honestly think they don't have any problems when there together it's blink which is the problem between them 2 so build your relationships if you want but leave blink out of it!

• Like 1