The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

Going through Tom's Instagram, there are quite a few older pictures (predating the most recent pictures with Jen) where he's not wearing the ring. Many of these have been taken in the bathrooms of airports & other institutions where it could simply be related to metal detectors or something.

45 minutes ago, Ghent said:

He needs to ditch the pube heads and find a new set of cronies.

Have they worked on a lot of AVA stuff? I'm not wild about any AVA music but the last few have definitely seemed to have more non-Tom influence. Could be a good thing to some because the style is a bit different but it also seems to be much less catchy.

4 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

Have they worked on a lot of AVA stuff? I'm not wild about any AVA music but the last few have definitely seemed to have more non-Tom influence. Could be a good thing to some because the style is a bit different but it also seems to be much less catchy.

Aaron Rubin has been his engineer/producer(ish) since The Dreamwalker, on which Ilan also wrote. As far as what Ilan's worked on after that, it's hard to know for sure.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, vic vinegar said:

Wait who's Aaron?

Ilans Brother. He’s been Toms engineer since Critter died in 2011. Also @Whales, Aaron helped on stomping the phantom break pedal and I think dogs eating dogs too. He’s been there since 2012 when Ilan joined the band.

Ilan commented on the post and said he’s helping out in the studio when he gets back from Europe. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NotNow said:

He’s been Toms engineer since Critter died in 2011. Also @Whales, Aaron helped on stomping the phantom break pedal and I think dogs eating dogs too. He’s been there since 2012 when Ilan joined the band.

Ah, I wasn't sure if I had the timeline right, thanks!

Wasn't Tom teasing having Matt and David come back? Or was that only for live performances or something? Did Matt and David ever actually help write any of the music in the first place? From what I remember of the Start the Machine doc, I can't recall any times where it showed David writing any of the music.

8 hours ago, NotNow said:

Ilans Brother. He’s been Toms engineer since Critter died in 2011. Also @Whales, Aaron helped on stomping the phantom break pedal and I think dogs eating dogs too. He’s been there since 2012 when Ilan joined the band.

Ilan commented on the post and said he’s helping out in the studio when he gets back from Europe. 

Well I'm down if Ilan is back. Had no idea about his brother. Crazy!!!

3 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Wasn't Tom teasing having Matt and David come back? Or was that only for live performances or something? Did Matt and David ever actually help write any of the music in the first place? From what I remember of the Start the Machine doc, I can't recall any times where it showed David writing any of the music.

I think David helped with where the music went and critizing Tom but I doubt he ever actually brought any ideas from scratch to the table. 

Maybe he'll invite Sinn, Atom, David, Matt, Eddie, Ilan and anyone else he's left poor and jobless, and they can do a grand symphony performance at the Strange Times movie release! The U2 + intertwined mediums he's always dreamt of!

I pre-ordered A Fire WithinChasing Shadows was a fun read and I'm definitely looking forward to the next installment.

I'm excited to see where this stuff goes. Even if it all ends up being bullshit, what the fuck ever, it's entertaining.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, two said:

I pre-ordered A Fire WithinChasing Shadows was a fun read and I'm definitely looking forward to the next installment.

I'm excited to see where this stuff goes. Even if it all ends up being bullshit, what the fuck ever, it's entertaining.

you work for to the stars, don't you?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, two said:

I'll get it for half the price on Amazon when it comes out, they still haven't sold out of their "super limited 250 advance copies". 2nd book in a row they haven't sold out of those. (They got too greedy IMO, there used to only be 100). Chasing Shadows was very good, but I give all that credit to author A.J. Hartley, and zero to any of the stuff being halfway true.

8 hours ago, two said:

Hey Tom I'll order one if you sign it for me! 

giphy.gif