The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

11 minutes ago, M!ke said:

Which is why this acoustic WDNTW album is arriving right on time for its 10th anniversary

Yeah good point. Oh well there's always the 15, 20, 25, 30 year anniversaries.

All kidding aside, I was always lukewarm on WDNTW so maybe I'll like the acoustic versions better?  Probably not. But I think BTD is a bottom 5 blink single but hearing the live acoustic version was the first time I've ever genuinely thought Mark and Matt's voices legitimately sounded fit for each other and I no longer hate the song, just the version on the original Cali album.

So who knows?

TIL: in tom's universe acoustic versions are different songs (with probably the same lyrics).

that acoustic rewrite of the adventure is horrible. the same pattern as the original, but with different notes/intervals. i wouldn't recognize it without the title.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

TIL: in tom's universe acoustic versions are different songs (with probably the same lyrics).

that acoustic rewrite of the adventure is horrible. the same pattern as the original, but with different notes/intervals. i wouldn't recognize it without the title.

Yeah, a Little's Enough I thought sounded pretty good though. I do love the original version of that song too. I never liked any acoustic version of the Adventure AVA have done though. They did some AOL sessions and that song just sucked IMO. Same patterns, melodies and all but different root notes or whatever.

Um, really?

It's an acoustic version, if it's identical to the original than it's totally pointless. I totally hate the adventure but I really like what I've heard so far there, it's similar enough to be recognisable but different enough to be worth doing. I had basically no interest in an acoustic WDNTW but I'm actually now fairly confident I'll give it a listen. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Kay said:

Um, really?

It's an acoustic version, if it's identical to the original than it's totally pointless. I totally hate the adventure but I really like what I've heard so far there, it's similar enough to be recognisable but different enough to be worth doing. I had basically no interest in an acoustic WDNTW but I'm actually now fairly confident I'll give it a listen. 

Out of that video, I still think Adventure sounds good. Just didn't like the AOL version they did few years back.

28 minutes ago, vic vinegar said:

Tom cast some actors for his movie. Never heard of them...

What do you expect?

Even if he invests a large amount of his Blink money it's still a small budget compared to big movies where the famous actors participate. 

4 minutes ago, Osgod said:

What do you expect?

Even if he invests a large amount of his Blink money it's still a small budget compared to big movies where the famous actors participate. 

But he was supposed to have the backing of large studios & directors along with a 100-million-dollar budget.

1 hour ago, cowboysguitars said:

if I remember correctly, WDNTW came out summer 2006.  So I guess its the 11 year anniversary release.  

Also, what a terrible idea.  Just recently listened to that album and while the lyrics are pretty good the music is still stale.

Will respectfully disagree. Love WDNTW and would love an acoustic release 

9 minutes ago, Boring.........Alright said:

Will respectfully disagree. Love WDNTW and would love an acoustic release 

Don't get me wrong, there are some high points on that album.  I'm just not quite so sure that his repetitive style on that album would translate to the acoustic guitar.  It's ok when you have an array of instrumentation at your disposal but I'm curious to see how acoustic he goes.  

If those clips are any indication, not sure it will be that good.  But who knows