The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

On 4/7/2018 at 11:20 AM, boxelder said:

another slightly off topic thing about blinks music is that it’s aged really really well. the production on those albums are so crisp and fresh even today, without sounding dated like hair metal in the 80s, or even the feldmann schlock of today

Oh totally. In many ways blink has a timeless feel. I think most of that has to do with Jerry Finn. Even Neighborhoods and especially California sound a bit over-produced.  Well actually Neighborhoods could've went with another polished mix or 2, but California all I could hear were the computerized voices of Mark and Skiba. Not that Enema or TOYPAJ doesn't have autotune, but it definitely blended better and still feels, as you said, fresh. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vic vinegar said:

Oh totally. In many ways blink has a timeless feel. I think most of that has to do with Jerry Finn. Even Neighborhoods and especially California sound a bit over-produced.  Well actually Neighborhoods could've went with another polished mix or 2, but California all I could hear were the computerized voices of Mark and Skiba. Not that Enema or TOYPAJ doesn't have autotune, but it definitely blended better and still feels, as you said, fresh. In 

Imo Enema and Toypaj didn't age that well, still good though.  Dude Ranch and Neighborhoods actually got better, Self Titled remains excellent.

California had about a 2 month lifespan for me, Deluxe 1 week.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Cat_Lover182 said:

Imo Enema and Toypaj didn't age that well, still good though.  Dude Ranch and Neighborhoods actually got better, Self Titled remains excellent.

California had about a 2 month lifespan for me, Deluxe 1 week.

I dunno. I still think the songs feel about as fresh as late 90's songs can. I agree dude ranch gets better with time. Neighborhoods, every time I listen to it I'm always surprised how much I enjoy it. Then the last quarter of the record falls apart for me a bit. Still enjoyable.

• Like 1

I love how Tom mentioned the Strange Times album, commented that he planned to tour it, had another #BigThingsComing and "invest" post, and everyone here is so over his shit that it doesn't even get 1 comment LOL. Imagine being in a band with the loon...

18 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

I love how Tom mentioned the Strange Times album, commented that he planned to tour it, had another #BigThingsComing and "invest" post, and everyone here is so over his shit that it doesn't even get 1 comment LOL. Imagine being in a band with the loon...

I'm not sure a lot of people follow him on social media, to be honest. 

11 minutes ago, maythefourthbewithyou said:

I'm not sure a lot of people follow him on social media, to be honest. 

Not here. I used to but he's so obnoxious you just give up after a while. 

10 minutes ago, vic vinegar said:

I don't follow any blink members on social media. Why bother? Of them all, I'd follow Skiba at this point.

Don't, he's always posting super shitty art.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, vic vinegar said:

I don't follow any blink members on social media. Why bother? Of them all, I'd follow Skiba at this point.

I followed Mark on Twitter for a while until he decided to try and be political.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kay said:

Don't, he's always posting super shitty art.

Mark:  I used to be super funny and cool, I love Disney Land more than I should, my son reminds me of my depressed self, please end gun violence, I totally have to see therapy over Tom, and I somehow manage to keep a perfect wife despite all this.

Tom:  I am completely lost in space ever since the painkillers dlimemna so let me take this awkward selfie and read some comments today, Ford caps are cool right?,  Buy my shit, I mean invest, Announcement #182 like my old band ;) #investTTS, my son and I play baseball and here's a preview of some acoustic shit I've been writing.

Travis: My kids & Steve Aoki at Steve's 40th, here's my millionth project I am doing because like why not dudes, Blink is forever my home.

Matt: Here's some shitty art, I am honored to be the cover guitarist in Blink 182, here's some shitty art next to me in a cast, here's me in a fedora next to some shitty art, I really care about this fan art someone made out of dog shit, Alk3 they will always be a part of me and we will write together again one day.

That's basically my take from following and then unfollowing each of them...if they kept to their final points It'd be totally fine.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Tom has an "invest" ending on most of his posts now, it's gross. I noticed TTS Academy no longer shows the "amount" raised... it was at around 2.6 million the last time I saw it active. The sad part is that he would rather beg/scam for ~3 million, when he could make that in like a month playing Blink shows. Pretty dumb move for such a smart "business man"!

3 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

Tom has an "invest" ending on most of his posts now, it's gross. I noticed TTS Academy no longer shows the "amount" raised... it was at around 2.6 million the last time I saw it active. The sad part is that he would rather beg/scam for ~3 million, when he could make that in like a month playing Blink shows. Pretty dumb move for such a smart "business man"!

It reminds me of those pyramid scams they get you sucked into at college age because they label it 'multi level marketing'.