The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

I don't know. I mean, she is rich with his money but remember that Jen and Tom started dating in 1996, when he was just a kid in a band. To me a gold digger is someone who only goes after someone for their money but he wasn't rich in 1996. 

And don't think that Skye is any different than Jen.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

A lot of photos of her are living/celebrating being rich.

Which is alright to an extent except that she is rich with someone else's money. None of that money is actually hers. She is shopping, guess who's money that is?

Then she lists her profession as "interior designer" which is code for, "I use my husband's money to buy a bunch of expensive shit".

That is a gold digger.

1. She was with Tom before he was rich

2. of course she lives a rich lifestyle, she is rich and

3. she runs her own company. it isn't her solely using her husbands money, she actually runs a business. 

Gold digging is someone pretending to love you to get to your money, that is not what she is. rich and shallow? possibly, but not a gold digger. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Elisa said:

I don't know. I mean, she is rich with his money but remember that Jen and Tom started dating in 1996, when he was just a kid in a band. To me a gold digger is someone who only goes after someone for their money but he wasn't rich in 1996. 

And don't think that Skye is any different than Jen.

That's a good point.

It's just a huge pet peeve of mine when lavishly spend a guy's money. It's leeching.

Skye is the same way.

Just now, Kay said:

1. She was with Tom before he was rich

2. of course she lives a rich lifestyle, she is rich and

3. she runs her own company. it isn't her solely using her husbands money, she actually runs a business. 

Gold digging is someone pretending to love you to get to your money, that is not what she is. rich and shallow? possibly, but not a gold digger. 

She lives a rich lifestyle with someone else's money. When someone does that the question in my mind as the partner would be "if this money disappeared, would you still be here?"

She does run her own company, established using her husbands money, propped up using her husbands money. That's not talent.

8 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

It's just a huge pet peeve of mine when lavishly spend a guy's money. It's leeching.

I agree but I don't really see in any of her photos that she's leeching off someone or that her lifestyle is lavish.

9 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

She lives a rich lifestyle with someone else's money. When someone does that the question in my mind as the partner would be "if this money disappeared, would you still be here?"

She does run her own company, established using her husbands money, propped up using her husbands money. That's not talent.

We know nothing about how well the company is doing, or how much of "Tom's" money she used to create it - for all we know he invested at the beginning, and she's made a profit from it.

her name is also on a lot of the projects Tom has run, for all we know she worked hard on all of them.

Outside of all this, I don't see why it matters. in any healthy relationship the finances are shared, regardless of how much each partner brings in. She raised his children, she supported him emotionally, why shouldn't she be able to use his wealth? what is she supposed to do, shop at target while he's jetting around all over the place trying to build spaceships?

You don't know their relationship, so you're just wildly speculating. we don't know any of the ins and outs. hell, you keep saying Tom's cheated on her a million times - as he's the high earner is he entitled to cheat on her by that basis? is she not allowed to be upset by that because she's a kept rich woman?

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Kay said:

We know nothing about how well the company is doing, or how much of "Tom's" money she used to create it - for all we know he invested at the beginning, and she's made a profit from it.

her name is also on a lot of the projects Tom has run, for all we know she worked hard on all of them.

Outside of all this, I don't see why it matters. in any healthy relationship the finances are shared, regardless of how much each partner brings in. She raised his children, she supported him emotionally, why shouldn't she be able to use his wealth? what is she supposed to do, shop at target while he's jetting around all over the place trying to build spaceships?

You don't know their relationship, so you're just wildly speculating. we don't know any of the ins and outs. hell, you keep saying Tom's cheated on her a million times - as he's the high earner is he entitled to cheat on her by that basis? is she not allowed to be upset by that because she's a kept rich woman?

You assessment of her might be correct; but mine is far more likely. Its a story as old as the ages.

I get it, you got the girl power thing going, along with a sprinkle of Oliver is always wrong.

But yeah, as a personal thing, I don't like gold diggers. I don't like people who live the high life on other people's money. It's disgusting.

I believe relationships are 50/50, relationships predicated on expected a certain style of living to be provided by the man, are garbage. Obviously, woman takes care of kids, makes dinner, cleans the house, and is provided for is one thing. But to me even that situation is not ideal. I'd prefer one where both work, both take care of kids, both clean house. The other one feels kind of sexist and servant like.

3 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

You assessment of her might be correct; but mine is far more likely. Its a story as old as the ages.

I get it, you got the girl power thing going, along with a sprinkle of Oliver is always wrong.

But yeah, as a personal thing, I don't like gold diggers. I don't like people who live the high life on other people's money. It's disgusting.

I believe relationships are 50/50, relationships predicated on expected a certain style of living to be provided by the man, are garbage. Obviously, woman takes care of kids, makes dinner, cleans the house, and is provided for is one thing. But to me even that situation is not ideal. I'd prefer one where both work, both take care of kids, both clean house. The other one feels kind of sexist and servant like.

That's how I think it should be, but my point is that we don't know how they divided their responsibilities. we don't know much of anything about her at all. we don't know anything about the inner workings of their relationship, and we never will, so automatically going "Well she's a gold digger" is preposterous. 

I don't have a "girl power" thing going, I would personally never be comfortable in a relationship where I wasn't working and was completely reliant on the other persons income. that's abhorrent to me personally, but it's all dependent on the relationship itself. 

I don't like gold diggers either - but she isn't one. she didn't marry Tom for his money, and while he was touring the world and starting bands and ridiculous projects she was raising his children, working with him on those projects, and starting a business of her own. From the evidence we have she isn't just living a high life off of Tom's success and more importantly, it's up to Tom what Tom chooses to do with his money, if he chose for his wife to spend it that's entirely his prerogative too. Your basing this idea that she's a "gold digger" solely because there's a picture of her looking flashy, and that's it. 

6 minutes ago, Kay said:

That's how I think it should be, but my point is that we don't know how they divided their responsibilities. we don't know much of anything about her at all. we don't know anything about the inner workings of their relationship, and we never will, so automatically going "Well she's a gold digger" is preposterous. 

I don't have a "girl power" thing going, I would personally never be comfortable in a relationship where I wasn't working and was completely reliant on the other persons income. that's abhorrent to me personally, but it's all dependent on the relationship itself. 

I don't like gold diggers either - but she isn't one. she didn't marry Tom for his money, and while he was touring the world and starting bands and ridiculous projects she was raising his children, working with him on those projects, and starting a business of her own. From the evidence we have she isn't just living a high life off of Tom's success and more importantly, it's up to Tom what Tom chooses to do with his money, if he chose for his wife to spend it that's entirely his prerogative too. Your basing this idea that she's a "gold digger" solely because there's a picture of her looking flashy, and that's it. 

Relationships change. Someone who isn't a gold digger in 1996, can be one in 2018.

Tom has had a whole lot of crazy, a situation where she may have left him 20 years ago, turns into her sticking around for the $$$$. Very very possible.

You're right, we don't know for sure if she is one. I kind of said that in my initial post. But all indications I have is that she is. Her companies are shams. She decorates houses. Anyone can do that. Buy a bunch of crap and hire people to fix it. That isn't real work, nor is it any type of reality.

Tom can of course do what he wants with his money, but I can form an opinion of someone who leeches off others. One of the worst human traits IMO and is very prevalent.

My Ex was real good at leeching. I paid for everything, all household expenses. Then she would try to blame me when I'd ask for a lousily $50 a month. $50! Just so I could feel like I wasn't being used. I'd tell her I felt used, she didn't give a shit about my feelings. She didn't want to hear it. She'd turn it around, if I said "I feel used" she'd get mad. Instead of saying "okay, I'll try harder to fix my finances" like most reasonable people, she get mad, like I had the audacity I have those feelings. Like I should just pay the bills and STFU. She dropped hints that she didn't understand why I wasn't her doormat. She didn't understand why I "didn't always agree with her" but agreed with other people.

To her credit, she saw the writing on the wall, I wasn't going to be her sugar daddy without complaint. She had the guts to do what I should have done many years prior and that was to end it.

12 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

My Ex was real good at leeching. I paid for everything, all household expenses. Then she would try to blame me when I'd ask for a lousily $50 a month. $50! Just so I could feel like I wasn't being used. I'd tell her I felt used, she didn't give a shit about my feelings. She didn't want to hear it. She'd turn it around, if I said "I feel used" she'd get mad. Instead of saying "okay, I'll try harder to fix my finances" like most reasonable people, she get mad, like I had the audacity I have those feelings. Like I should just pay the bills and STFU. She dropped hints that she didn't understand why I wasn't her doormat. She didn't understand why I "didn't always agree with her" but agreed with other people.

Why did you allow that?

23 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

To her credit, she saw the writing on the wall, I wasn't going to be her sugar daddy without complaint. She had the guts to do what I should have done many years prior and that was to end it.

Well, I think we all knew you were projecting, but thanks for confirming it.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

I think Skye is awesome and funny, I would never say something bad about her but she is the one who doesn't do shit and lives off her family money. Which is totally fine because that's what people do, it's just their money.

We would never think like that because it's not our life but I know so many people who have money and they just don't care who is working, as long as they keep up with their rich lifestyle. 

Jen has always had something going on as interior designer, you gotta give her at least that. Now I believe she owns a guest house in the desert and it looks like a fabulous place.