The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

Well  if TTS is in deep trouble, I guess Tom doesn't think it is.

What I wouldn't give to hear the behind the scenes that goes on at that "company". Would be a great comedy hour.

Employee A: So yeah I got this job offer from this Blink 182 guy because I worked in a government warehouse moving parts. Apparently that makes me an expert on building a space ship. I was told to "get to work on making time travel possible" I didn't know what he was talking about. I said I needed money for supplies. He went to a crafts store and got me some popsicle sticks and elmers glue. He said money from "investments are coming soon (TM)" My last paycheck bounced. I don't know whats going on anymore. I sit here all day gluing popsicle sticks together hoping it fools this guy into thinking I am working.

• Like 1

i hope we get full disclosure about what the fuck goes on at that company..

we know tom,  if they had any tiny breakthrough of some sorts, he would've started bragging about it the same day.

i guess they have absolutely nothing, and tom keeps teasing and anouncing stuff, hoping they will have something by then. it's really tragic he sold his only lucrative business, besides music for this shit (macbeth)

dude has nothing left, i really feel sorry for him. a part of me still wishes that they really stumble upon at least something so this wasn't all for nothing. but i know there won't. and deep down, tom knows it too.... he's just too far in to backpedal even if hed like to

... kinda like oliver in the debate thread ;) 

• Like 1

Yeah there are so many ways he could have turned his passion for UFOs and stuff into something that genuinely spread awareness and opened up discussions and all the stuff he always talks about. But since he's nuts now, he chooses to make everything incredibly confusing and nonsensical.

He could've kept making music with Blink or even AVA as a way to fund and bring attention to a lot of this stuff, instead he's wasting time working on books and cartoons that nobody cares about.

He could've made a documentary or series where he explains his interests in these topics and makes them seem understandable and entertaining, instead he has jumbled up word-salad instagram posts, a weird ass announcement/speech in front of an empty soundstage, and a humiliating podcast appearance.

I posted this recently but it's worth a re-post here:

He could make a fucking killing AND reach a whole lot more people if he still had his old personality and made like an Anthony Bourdain style TV series where he travels around talking to people about their supernatural experiences or expertise and made it fun. The information could be carefully researched and taken as seriously as he wants, but people loved Tom for being ridiculously silly and weird and he could've talked about his "sekrets" in a funny and semi-down to earth way. Instead 99% of the world is just weirded out by his attempts to mumble his way through stories about government meetings, impossible-to-decipher half fiction half "fact" books, groundbreaking discoveries that he never shares, and cartoons about a dude with a magic umbrella(?)

Obviously we've talked about his personality change for over a decade at this point haha but it really is a bummer. Even if he was fated to leave Blink to chase aliens all along, it would've been a lot more fun to see how Sane Tom would've done it.

9MtPvUE.jpg

• Like 2

The problem with Tom is that he's totally doing childish shit, but he has tons of money to do it. He hasn't matured at all. I'm not saying this is good or bad per se, but to me looks like when you give tons of money to a kid for free, and he just spends it in stupid things, you obtain stupid outcomes.

Like when rich stupid kids waste their daddie's money in useless things.

The thing here is that... well, I don't know what kid of backup Tom has.

I hope TTS does go bankrupt.

He can come back to blink whenever he wants and if he needs the cash then obviously coming back is a great option for him. I'd like to see Ilan Rubin involved on a blink-182 album as well, he's a great musician and would be a much better fit for blink-182 in 2018 than John Feldmann. 

Did some digging. This is interesting.

Tom has lent To the Stars $495,000 at 8% interest. If the company defaults on the loan (which seems likely) as I understand it they lose access to Tom's "intellectual property rights" or basically his involvement in the company.

Maybe this is his way of trying to get out of this and leave them with this mess?

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1710274/000114420418050766/tv503167_ex6-14.htm

I am far from an expert, but I don't think its going to be that easy TOM.

Most points of interest

NOTE 2 – GOING CONCERN

The accompanying financial statements have been prepared on a going concern basis, which contemplates the realization of assets and the satisfaction of liabilities in the normal course of business. The Company has incurred losses from operations and has an accumulated deficit at June 30, 2018 of $37,432,000. These factors raise doubt about the Company’s ability to continue as a going concern.

During the next twelve months, the Company intends to fund its operations through the continued sale of common stock to third parties through its Regulation A offering which expires in September 2018, and other means of financing as available including the Company’s Line of Credit arrangement entered August 2018, see Note 9. The Company’s Regulation A Offering expires in September 2018. If we cannot raise additional short-term capital, we may consume all of our cash reserved for operations. There are no assurances that management will be able to raise capital on terms acceptable to the Company. If we are unable to obtain sufficient amounts of additional capital, we may be required to reduce the scope of our planned operations, which could harm our business, financial condition and operating results. The financial statements do not include any adjustments that might result from these uncertainties.

And then to save some face he does his classic guitar teases   He's played this riff before, I do really like it, which is why I still like Tom.  About 0% of sanity left, still a good writer.

Learn how to trim though...No point in showing all that beginning doodling..