Jump to content
Clar-ke has herpes

The Tom Delonge Meltdown Watch (Meltdown ACTIVE!)

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, prankerd14 said:

You all watch one funny video of tom and now think hes genuine, humble and amasing lol...

Go back and watch the joe rogan podcast and tell me toms the most sane and normal!

haha, no kidding. the video wasn't even clever or funny either

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

The best was the Asian guy yelling at Mark, "Mark! foto pweeze. Take photo pweeze, Hey mark!" and Mark is literally like 10 feet from this guy and just totally pretends like he isn't there.

you see, that is literally the crap that goes on in my head that makes me never want to be around that environment. me personally seeing and talking to Mark and Travis was cool, everybody there was cordial and they seemed genuine the entire time. I spent roughly $15 (basically had to buy the Plus 44 record) and maybe wasted 30 mins waiting, and it was worth it. I would never do it again, but meeting them was the only thing I wanted and it was a good excuse to go to the beach. the end. I'm thankful it was just that.

But spending hundreds of dollars to have Mark painfully ignore some fans that are graveling sounds so agonizingly unpleasant. I know they have really weird fans, but that shit just kills it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Travis is definitely the most down to earth, it's not even close. He responds to fans all the time, goes out of his way to meet and talk to fans, signs forever, etc. I've met him 3x and he will stop and talk about whatever and genuinely listen. When I met Mark it just seemed like an obligation, he'll sign whatever but didn't really care. He likes being recognized occasionally but will run from fans, Tom is the same way. (And I can't blame them, especially in today's world.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still want to meet Tom and Skiba at least once.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, _Kyle_ said:

I still want to meet Tom and Skiba at least once.

At the same time? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, thongrider said:

At the same time? 

YES PLEASE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think none of them are down to earth. the closest would be Travis but that's because he's had the hardest time of it - he wasn't ultra famous whilst still mentally maturing - he worked crappy jobs and did his thing and then accidentally joined a band that was about to explode.

Even after all the fame and money (some of which he didn't even get, like from writing royalties on Enema and TOYPAJ) he had rough relationships and almost died. 

Unlike the other two, he's had much more of a 'life' in a way that would (hypothetically) make him more empathic. 

I'm not saying the guys haven't had problems - but the most emotional and inspired work Tom ever did was BCR, which was partially because of being hauled up in hospital in agony after his back problems. he's had family deaths and he had that small cancer experience but outside of those things he's essentially made a living and a whole life out of being a goofball playing music with friends. 

Mark is kind of the same deal.

I'm not saying Mark and Tom haven't 'lived' or 'suffered', or even that they didn't work to get blink where it got - but they didn't really 'struggle' for their art, and got very famous very young and have ridden the wave ever since. Travis is the only one of the three that actually had problems from the get go, and that's the sort of thing that will keep you more grounded to the real world. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its yet another position I have had to rethink. I use to think famous people were such assholes for avoiding fans. But honestly, I don't think that anymore.

I have people in my life, and I am sure you all have them too, that just want a piece of you, they want a lot of your time, and they are just nuts. It sounds like you are being an asshole. But picture this, I have an old lady who is off her rocker, who saw me in a reenactment uniform, and calls me daily wanting me to participate in a video or this or that. For free of course. When I do get on the phone with her, she's nuts, goes on and on about stuff I don't give a shit about, and is essentially a huge drain on my time. Lady I don't belong to you. I am not a free rental service.

So I ignore her. She can call and email all she'd like.

But imagine that times like thousands of people. It is one thing to take a bit of time to sign autographs and pose for photos on occasion when you have a moment. They should probably do that. But they are under no obligation to cater to weirdos, obsessive people, and get into conversations about stuff they don't care about.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're just now realizing this? I mean, we've been trying to tell you that for decades now. You just said they got paid millions and should be more appreciative....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

Its yet another position I have had to rethink. I use to think famous people were such assholes for avoiding fans. But honestly, I don't think that anymore.

I have people in my life, and I am sure you all have them too, that just want a piece of you, they want a lot of your time, and they are just nuts. It sounds like you are being an asshole. But picture this, I have an old lady who is off her rocker, who saw me in a reenactment uniform, and calls me daily wanting me to participate in a video or this or that. For free of course. When I do get on the phone with her, she's nuts, goes on and on about stuff I don't give a shit about, and is essentially a huge drain on my time. Lady I don't belong to you. I am not a free rental service.

So I ignore her. She can call and email all she'd like.

But imagine that times like thousands of people. It is one thing to take a bit of time to sign autographs and pose for photos on occasion when you have a moment. They should probably do that. But they are under no obligation to cater to weirdos, obsessive people, and get into conversations about stuff they don't care about.

I agree with you. But at the same time it’s like you are the one who’s helping pay their bills.  

I think you commented on my post a few months ago about musink. It’s disappointing to wait for someone for almost 2 hours for a picture, this being mark, only to walk by and say have a good night. There was a guy from Puerto Rico who flew all the way to musink, dude was in tears when Mark did that.

But on the flip side, putting myself in their shoes, I would probably just want to head home from being so wiped out from playing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I do think they are very jaded hence why there is no conversation you could have with them which would have any meaning..... they have seen and heard it all. I asked mark about the book he was reading figuring I could offer something other than the usual.... it bombed.... should have kept my mouth shut.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, justin88182 said:

I agree with you. But at the same time it’s like you are the one who’s helping pay their bills.  

I think you commented on my post a few months ago about musink. It’s disappointing to wait for someone for almost 2 hours for a picture, this being mark, only to walk by and say have a good night. There was a guy from Puerto Rico who flew all the way to musink, dude was in tears when Mark did that.

But on the flip side, putting myself in their shoes, I would probably just want to head home from being so wiped out from playing.

I get what you are saying and as a fan it sucks I think I’m those situations they should at least stop for a minute or two to sign. But they are under no obligation to hang out for a half hour and fulfill every single wish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't have bad experiences with any of them. They were all very nice. Travis was the nicest, Tom was just as goofy as you expect him to be.
The one I actually got to talk to was Mark. At the time he was living in the UK and when I met him  he "shared with me" some of his serious rich men problems, like "where do they sell the finest wine in Tuscany because I want to buy tons of it and ship it to the UK" and I was too starstruck to talk about wine with Mark Hoppus. But a few months later he actually came back to Tuscany with his family so I guess he came here to buy all the wine he was talking about. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

I get what you are saying and as a fan it sucks I think I’m those situations they should at least stop for a minute or two to sign. But they are under no obligation to hang out for a half hour and fulfill every single wish.

I don’t know if it’s how they are feeling or just how they are in general but quick story I to throw out is when I saw new found glory with a then girlfriend at the time, it was the first ready and willing tour.

There was a huge crowd at the end of the street waiting for Jordan to come out. Her and I waiting by the buses.  He came out to just us, took pictures and had a genuine conversation with us for about 10 minutes.  We thanked him then he went down the street to see everyone else.  Granted this isn’t blink but I would say new found glory is pretty close to that level. It’s things like that which stick in your mind.

But like you said they are h see no obligation. I’ve met Tom twice and he was really cool too. There’s no reason for mark and ESPECIALLY matt to act like royalty.  The fame has definitely hit skiba hard I think. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

Well I do think they are very jaded hence why there is no conversation you could have with them which would have any meaning..... they have seen and heard it all. I asked mark about the book he was reading figuring I could offer something other than the usual.... it bombed.... should have kept my mouth shut.

What book? What did he say?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×