The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

1 minute ago, Kay said:

Not what I said.

Some alcohol can, but that doesn't really apply to those knocking back a few beers every night now does it?

I'm not saying it's better or healthier than other snack foods, but it is an addictive poison, it should be treated with the same concern and regard as smoking, drugs, and sugar. 

Im just talking about the alcohol. Not drinks. 

And i didnt say few/many beers a night. 1 maybe 2.

And its absurd to compare it with smoking and drugs. To be clear, im talking about drinking in MODERATION. Its not okay to take drugs or smoke in moderation. 

Hammering a 6 pack every night is ofc not okay. I think you get my point. 

I enjoy a drink but do not have a dependency on it. 

I have drunk far too much the past month or so though I'd say.

7 days straight in Portugal, 4 days straight in Spain and then for every England game this World Cup and a few other occasions...def gonna lay off for a bit after the WC comes to an end. 

There was a period earlier this year where I drank like 3-4 times in two months though so I don't really mind, I know my health is pretty good and can run/play sport so not too fussed really. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Reginald said:

Alcohol can be beneficial on health. in small amounts it has good effects on the heart, blood flow (clogging), reduce risk of diabetes and more. I do think its okay to have a beer every night if i live a healthy lifestyle with it  

I’d rather have one beer than a coke, chips or other shit. 

What about my multiple nights of tequila this past weekend?

I agree pretty much anything is fine in moderation. Anything can be bad in excess.  Chips, coke, yeah all bad but Mexican eats out are some of my favorite times, so I'll never give it up.  But I also swim, exercise, etc to make it more okay.

Living in the Midwest, it's really really common to be around ppl who grab 24 packs of beer cans like Miller light or whatever. Even into their 30s, 40s and chug it all every weekend. To me, that seems unhealthy and dumb.  I always have had one roommate who would constantly have a cheap beer in his hand. Shit made me sick

42 minutes ago, Reginald said:

Alcohol can be beneficial on health. in small amounts it has good effects on the heart, blood flow (clogging), reduce risk of diabetes and more. I do think its okay to have a beer every night if i live a healthy lifestyle with it  

I’d rather have one beer than a coke, chips or other shit. 

That is complete horse shit lmao

edit: let me rephrase that. For every "benefit" alcohol has, there comes about 10 more absolutely horrendous things it can/will do to your body. Do not pretend as if drinking a completely processed, manufactured drink containing fucking ethanol comes as a benefit to your health. But yes, compared to other poisons like coke and chips, perhaps it may be preferred - though you are comparing which flavor of shit you'd like to put into your body at that point. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Reginald said:

And its absurd to compare it with smoking and drugs. To be clear, im talking about drinking in MODERATION. Its not okay to take drugs or smoke in moderation.

Why would it not be okay to use drugs in moderation (both in terms of quantity and frequency)? Or why is it less okay than drinking?

Spoiler

I write this as someone who neither drinks nor uses drugs of any kind.

5 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

I'd take that out if I were you.

Even those that aren't obsessed with drinking will read that and think you've got a stick up your arse.

Well, that is important information for them to know. It's not like they won't find the stick up his ass eventually

41 minutes ago, Mau5 said:

That is complete horse shit lmao

edit: let me rephrase that. For every "benefit" alcohol has, there comes about 10 more absolutely horrendous things it can/will do to your body. Do not pretend as if drinking a completely processed, manufactured drink containing fucking ethanol comes as a benefit to your health. But yes, compared to other poisons like coke and chips, perhaps it may be preferred - though you are comparing which flavor of shit you'd like to put into your body at that point. 

No its not complete horse shit. Just search google. I maybe agree with some kind processed sugary alcoholic drinks. Im manly talking about beer. Which started this discussion. Beer has no processed chemicals in it what so ever. I worked at a brewery so i’d know. 

38 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

Why would it not be okay to use drugs in moderation (both in terms of quantity and frequency)? Or why is it less okay than drinking?

Hide contents

I write this as someone who neither drinks nor uses drugs of any kind.

Cocaine, heroine, meth etc. I was thinking about. Comparing beer to that is absurd. 

Having 1-2 beers a night is similar to shooting moderate amount of heroine in your system? To quote oliver

“LOL”. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Reginald said:

Cocaine, heroine, meth etc. I was thinking about. Comparing beer to that is absurd. 

Having 1-2 beers a night is similar to shooting moderate amount of heroine in your system? To quote oliver “LOL”.

Why would a non-addict using sterile needles be so objectionable? Or if you want a less frightening example, someone who occasionally takes small doses percocet recreationally?

10 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

Why would a non-addict using sterile needles be so objectionable? Or if you want a less frightening example, someone who occasionally takes small doses percocet recreationally?

Do you think having beer or red wine is like taking painkillers for fun? 

Painkillers are lab produced chemicals made to treat symptoms. Percocet cant be bought over the counter here. Its apples and oranges. 

25 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Also, *plot twist*, what if Tom wants to appear to be separated to protect his family? I could see him being that paranoid...

This has crossed my mind as well

12 minutes ago, Reginald said:

Do you think having beer or red wine is like taking painkillers for fun? 

Painkillers are lab produced chemicals made to treat symptoms. Percocet cant be bought over the counter here. Its apples and oranges. 

You're not answering my question.

44 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Well, that is important information for them to know. It's not like they won't find the stick up his ass eventually

LOL, I am actually a pretty damn good catch.

4 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

Even if you agree with what their outlook is it still looks shit.

Makes you come across as judgmental straight away which is a huge turn off for most people.

Talk about this things you like doing rather than moaning about the stuff you don't. It's a chance to sell yourself, not slate other people for their lifestyles. 

I just don't want to waste my time or their time.

No sense in even messaging me if you just enjoy that.

I don't have any issues with someone who likes to drink. It just can't be the only tool in the tool box.

For example if a date in a major city consists of: Museums, shops, walking tours, Maybe the Zoo, historic spots, dinner and drinks, hotel, sex.

I am 100% cool with that. Notice how the drinks just kind of compliment the experience.

If a date in a major city consists of: Lets find a bar to hang out at for hours or something else that revolves around drinking being the main theme. OMG, I need a drink in my hand, why don't I have a drink in my hand......or what a nice night tonight, lets spend it at the bar......

I am not interested. Might seem crazy, but a lot of people are into the second option.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

I don't have any issues with someone who likes to drink. It just can't be the only tool in the tool box.

For example if a date in a major city consists of: Museums, shops, walking tours, Maybe the Zoo, historic spots, dinner and drinks, hotel, sex.

I am 100% cool with that. Notice how the drinks just kind of compliment the experience.

If a date in a major city consists of: Lets find a bar to hang out at for hours or something else that revolves around drinking being the main theme. OMG, I need a drink in my hand, why don't I have a drink in my hand......or what a nice night tonight, lets spend it at the bar......

I am not interested. Might seem crazy, but a lot of people are into the second option.

In early 20s- hell yeah to the second option. In late 20s/30s, NO to the second option.

• Like 1