The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

26 minutes ago, Vera Mathews Band said:

Honestly, this clip was much better to me. Had all those self titled blink vibes in the chorusey part.

I struggle with that one because he's playing it quite badly. like I can see what he's trying to do but he keeps missing strings and accidentally muting parts that don't sound like they're supposed to be muted.

it also sounds really damn similar to the acoustic clip from around the cheetah videos times. there's nothing inherently special about it at all. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kay said:

I picture it like this - 

Tom's on his phone, in their kitchen, yakking away about aliens and conspiracies and whatnot. Jen walks in, takes a slow, sad sobering look at who her husband has become, give a subtle shake of her head as one lone tear drops from her eye. 

She packs a small bag of essentials, walks back to the kitchen, while Tom ends his phone conversation. He turns to her, smiles instinctively and then pauses when he sees the bag in her hand. confusion spreads over his features. 

She chokes out "I'm sorry, Tom" and the tears well up in her eyes as she sadly puts her hand on his shoulder and says "I'm not ready for the next adventure". 

I think you meant to post this here.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kay said:

I picture it like this - 

Tom's on his phone, in their kitchen, yakking away about aliens and conspiracies and whatnot. Jen walks in, takes a slow, sad sobering look at who her husband has become, give a subtle shake of her head as one lone tear drops from her eye. 

She packs a small bag of essentials, walks back to the kitchen, while Tom ends his phone conversation. He turns to her, smiles instinctively and then pauses when he sees the bag in her hand. confusion spreads over his features. 

She chokes out "I'm sorry, Tom" and the tears well up in her eyes as she sadly puts her hand on his shoulder and says "I'm not ready for the next adventure". 

Lol. 

28 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

I think you meant to post this here.

What the fuck did I just click?

2 hours ago, Kay said:

I picture it like this - 

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, Kay said:

I struggle with that one because he's playing it quite badly. like I can see what he's trying to do but he keeps missing strings and accidentally muting parts that don't sound like they're supposed to be muted.

it also sounds really damn similar to the acoustic clip from around the cheetah videos times. there's nothing inherently special about it at all. 

It is the same. He was wearing a yellow shirt sitting on doorsteps playing the same riff. 

6 hours ago, Chewy030 said:

Still  pretty mind blowing his wife finally left him. Wonder what the breaking point finally was. 

I would attribute to any or all of the following:

• Going crazy with the alien and TTS crap;
  • Irresponsibly spending too much money;
  • Cocaine/alcohol addiction.

Hopefully it wasn't just the speculated addiction issues, as you would hope she'd help him get better. 

15 hours ago, Kvothe said:

I would attribute to any or all of the following:

• Going crazy with the alien and TTS crap;
  • Irresponsibly spending too much money;
  • Cocaine/alcohol addiction.

Hopefully it wasn't just the speculated addiction issues, as you would hope she'd help him get better. 

Cocaine addiction? have I missed something here?

I've noticed Tom's facial tics, but those don't necessarily have to be caused by hard drugs. Unless there are other signs I have been oblivious to, I'm not sure I'm ready to say he's doing cocaine.

I don't really know what to look for though. What makes you guys so sure? Honest question from someone who hardly knows anything about cocaine.