The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

It is still pretty amazing that fabric placement on the body can cause such a stir. If you think about it, that's all it is. But a lot of times it can mean the difference between being liked and hated.

This is what I tell the reenactors who think "I can wear my wastecoast 2 inches above my breeches, I am sure some people did it back then". No. Literally no one did it. If you walked into a room with a wastecoat 2 inches above your breeches it would be like today walking into a room with a pair of underwear on your head. People would think you were crazy.

11 hours ago, NJansaid said:

So we have a bunch of hipsters in here who didn't like baggy clothes in the early 2000s?  Nice.  Good for you.

I'm not sure this is a hill worth dying on, but this is blink-182online and all we do here is argue about pointless things.

I dress like a grown up now because I'd look like an idiot walking around with baggy shorts and band t's all the time carrying my daughters. I can't imagine how embarrassed my wife would be if we went out to dinner and I wore pants 3 sizes too big and a sideways cap.

• Like 1

Look I'm not saying you should still be sagging your pants I'm just saying it wasn't a bad trend that everyone makes it out to be.  It was good times and it fit blink a lot better than any of the same tight black jeans and octopus shirt mark wears everytime now.

I liked blink's look from the 03-04 period. They looked fucking bad ass IMO. Not a fan of Skiba's dress sense. Well, sometimes I am, then sometimes he just dresses weird. But it's cool that he doesn't exactly have one style. I also like Tom's fashion sense too. He looked cool at Reading + Leeds 2014.

I could never dress like blink though, although Tom's style has a slight influence on me.

• Love 2

8 minutes ago, NJansaid said:

Look I'm not saying you should still be sagging your pants I'm just saying it wasn't a bad trend that everyone makes it out to be.  It was good times and it fit blink a lot better than any of the same tight black jeans and octopus shirt mark wears everytime now.

I guess that's fair. I took what you said a different way ... I'm just still pissy I have a hole in my lip still because I thought I was Tom Delonge when I was 17.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, NJansaid said:

Didn't it start because it was a prison tactic to show off that you were interested in receiving anal sex?

I always thought the super saggy trouser thing was fucking dumb, people looked like they were going to constantly accidentally drop trow and trip over themselves, it was silly.

The rest of the fashion I wasn't bothered but personally I'm glad the trend of seeing everyones fucking underwear and huge buttcracks is over.