The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

5 hours ago, theedge00 said:

Sounds like the same old stuff

Definitely agree with this. Sounds like they're reverting back to the I-Empire/Love kinda sound just with a more punk rock edge? Out of the sound clips I've heard so far, I'm not convinced. The first sound clip was decent, that's about it. But the other two are boring. Hopefully Tom can prove me wrong. I've been looking forward to new AVA stuff since TDW/Chasing Shadows. There's some great tracks on the recent AVA stuff.

8 hours ago, Since88 said:

Well, they are in the studio. Maybe it's Toms parts? David is in the band so it's not that weird him being in the studio, with a cast or no cast..

Uh what? Did you miss that fact that David or Matt never were in the studio once for The Dream Walker and every EP since then...

• Like 2

10 hours ago, NotNow said:

Uh what? Did you miss that fact that David or Matt never were in the studio once for The Dream Walker and every EP since then...

Uh no? Tom's been very clear that they weren't supposed to be on that stuff (they got sacked). But he also said they were back for this album.. As been stated some posts before, David is almost like a producer for Tom, he isn't afraid to tell him when something doesn't work and Tom has said that he wants this album to go back to the real AVA, therefore not that weird that David is in the studio, even if he's in a cast for the time being.

2 hours ago, Champ182 said:

Sounds exactly like the intro to almost every AVA song I've ever heard

I like later AVA but damn did this make me internally groan.

if his new music is anything like WDNTW, I Empire or Love then I'll be pissed.

give me a punkier AVA, or the weird shit he's done lately, not the rest of it. normal AVA is utter wank noise. 

3 hours ago, Since88 said:

Uh no? Tom's been very clear that they weren't supposed to be on that stuff (they got sacked). But he also said they were back for this album.. As been stated some posts before, David is almost like a producer for Tom, he isn't afraid to tell him when something doesn't work and Tom has said that he wants this album to go back to the real AVA, therefore not that weird that David is in the studio, even if he's in a cast for the time being.

Counter-theory: AvA was no longer profitable in the sense that they were unable to tour and play at decent sized venues and were relegated to playing in pubs and bars. Tom saw the writing on the wall and cut down costs of production and pretty much stopped touring entirely. David went on to operate his coffee shop as that is what his preference was outside of playing music.

3 hours ago, Since88 said:

So you’re telling me admittedly that David and Matt got sacked before the Dream Walker, and then for years since the Dream Walker during the ep recordings Tom kept telling us that David and Matt would be back again and again but that never happened for any of the EPS, and now he just shows up at the studio one day for the first time in five years quite awhile after Tom started working on this album and that’s supposed to be not unusual or surprising? Okay.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NotNow said:

So you’re telling me admittedly that David and Matt got sacked before the Dream Walker, and then for years since the Dream Walker during the ep recordings Tom kept telling us that David and Matt would be back again and again but that never happened for any of the EPS, and now he just shows up at the studio one day for the first time in five years quite awhile after Tom started working on this album and that’s supposed to be not unusual or surprising? Okay.

No, Tom did say that both David and Matt is back for this album. That is a fact.

How is it surprising that he is in the studio then?

1 hour ago, Kvothe said:

Counter-theory: AvA was no longer profitable in the sense that they were unable to tour and play at decent sized venues and were relegated to playing in pubs and bars. Tom saw the writing on the wall and cut down costs of production and pretty much stopped touring entirely. David went on to operate his coffee shop as that is what his preference was outside of playing music.

This is true, when Tom went back to blink AVA died, and that's when they lost Atom, and then Matt and David..