The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

This isn't even the best clip Tom has played in the last year or so.  I basically reacted the same way as always for years now, very cool catchy riffs..One that will never get made into anything.

Tom is incapable of competing anything at this point, one minute is hyping us for ufo/alien reveals, then some big ass book, then some random blink tease,  then a giant announcement that is really a scam, then Ava, then boxcar 2 tease, random feature film, etc.

What has he actually completed in the last 5 years other than that pursuit of tone movie directed and guided by someone else?

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Ghent said:

Sounds like a blatant attempt at "sounding blink" to me. If he wants to write blink songs he should be in blink, not some dead solo band no one cares about.

lol

The way Ghent shits on everything tom puts out and always brings up the same shit again and again while being a huge bitch if someone criticizes anything cali related is ridiculous 

That clip was great. the only fear i have is that tom will never finish the album or just give up after 4 songs and make it an EP.....

but if he manages to finish it, im sure it'll be good

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Ghent said:

Sounds like a blatant attempt at "sounding blink" to me. If he wants to write blink songs he should be in blink, not some dead solo band no one cares about.

If the past 13 years hadn't happened I would agree with you haha. But if none of them want him to be in Blink, Tom included, he's still allowed to sound like himself in my opinion. He and Mark invented "sounding blink" so of course he will have music that "sounds blink" if he wants to play that style, it's his own style! I say bring it on, if by some miracle it actually gets released and is good then we have more good music to listen to and after all the insanity and bullshit of the past 13 years that would be AOK with me.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, NealMcBealTheNavySeal said:

lol

The way Ghent shits on everything tom puts out and always brings up the same shit again and again while being a huge bitch if someone criticizes anything cali related is ridiculous

Why are you throwing a tantrum right now? I liked the clip and said he should bring it to blink. How is that shitting on him?

Some of you are very strange. Literal melt downs occurring! Absolute shambles

26 minutes ago, Ghent said:

We all know he will botch anything decent he writes by tacking on 3 minute intros and yodel choruses anyway. It's funny that people are still dumb enough to get excited over clips he posts. To the point of melting down!

I wouldn’t say I’m “excited” really. However, I will take botched Tom songs over his stupid TTS shiiiit any day!

1 hour ago, Chewy030 said:

Still  pretty mind blowing his wife finally left him. Wonder what the breaking point finally was. 

I picture it like this - 

Tom's on his phone, in their kitchen, yakking away about aliens and conspiracies and whatnot. Jen walks in, takes a slow, sad sobering look at who her husband has become, give a subtle shake of her head as one lone tear drops from her eye. 

She packs a small bag of essentials, walks back to the kitchen, while Tom ends his phone conversation. He turns to her, smiles instinctively and then pauses when he sees the bag in her hand. confusion spreads over his features. 

She chokes out "I'm sorry, Tom" and the tears well up in her eyes as she sadly puts her hand on his shoulder and says "I'm not ready for the next adventure". 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2