The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

looooove that article. felt like such a breath of fresh air after years and years of sporadic activity and forgotten promises. and like oli said, one of the very few times mark has kept it 100% real. that and the '06 b182.com interview. it felt so good as a fan to finally know what was going on, and that we were by and large right

• Like 2

I just can't even imagine being such a dick that you can't even TEXT or E-MAIL your own band mates who you have known for 20 years. We're not talking a phone call, or face to face. Can't even TEXT lmao. Dude is writing e-mails to Hilary Clinton's assistant that probably took him half a day but can't even text Mark "Studio next month."

Reminds me of a story my friend told me whose friend was JLo's hairdresser at one point. She was not allowed to talk to JLo, and if she needed to communicate, had to go through her manager who was sitting right next to them. 

• Like 1

Ha, never saw this TTSA report but it popped up on Reddit:

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1710274/000114420418050766/tv503167_1sa.htm

So they only raised ~1 million (had hoped for 50 LOL), and TTS revenue was down to 369k with only 130k profit. (Blamed on lack of new music/books. This is probably why Tom is in AVA mode now)

And this part....WOW

"The Company has incurred losses from operations and has an accumulated deficit at June 30, 2018 of $37,432,000. These factors raise doubt about the Company’s ability to continue as a going concern."

This isn't gonna end well. And Tom burned the bridge with Blink and can't run back for an easy payday...yikes.

24 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Ha, never saw this TTSA report but it popped up on Reddit:

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1710274/000114420418050766/tv503167_1sa.htm

So they only raised ~1 million (had hoped for 50 LOL), and TTS revenue was down to 369k with only 130k profit. (Blamed on lack of new music/books. This is probably why Tom is in AVA mode now)

And this part....WOW

"The Company has incurred losses from operations and has an accumulated deficit at June 30, 2018 of $37,432,000. These factors raise doubt about the Company’s ability to continue as a going concern."

This isn't gonna end well. And Tom burned the bridge with Blink and can't run back for an easy payday...yikes.

If that's true, he is fucked. His delusions finally did him in.

Sadly there are protections in place to prevent him from owing that money, the US taxpayer will foot most of the bill when he is forced to declare bankruptcy. But he will never see a nickle of those "investments" and it will be next to impossible for him to even be able to form any "companies" again.

Just now, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

If that's true, he is fucked. His delusions finally did him in.

Sadly there are protections in place to prevent him from owing that money, the US taxpayer will foot most of the bill when he is forced to declare bankruptcy. But he will never see a nickle of those "investments" and it will be next to impossible for him to even be able to form any "companies" again.

What's sad is that all of his blink trust funds will probably be off limits when he has to declare bankruptcy. Unfair system we live in

• Like 1

Amazing how someone could so easily have it all and yet manage to ruin everything they have. He could be a successful, respected musician with a little bit of business on the side (like these books and such) if he'd just chill out, prioritize, and stop being such a pompous weirdo.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

if he truly is selling tv shows and movies, which i highly doubt, he could bring in a lot of money from that but all of it combined won't bring in 37 million unless you're actually a successful filmmaker or producer. as far as books, there's not much money in that when you're releasing poet anderson. 

but my guess is he occasionally meets with lower level industry people who say "uh yeah we'll be in touch" then he goes posting on instagram claiming he got the job. awkward. 

i think blink royalties will keep him afloat in his mountainside loft but this whole TTS thing is gonna fail.  

• Like 1

I've always wondered what exactly happened with this, but it feels like it was some kind of precursor to TTS and all of his grand ideas. I guess it could still exist, but he's not plugging it every day and all the descriptions are from like 2012. Reminds me of all the new "companies" that start up these days without anything more than a decent website.

http://www.reallylikeablepeople.com/about

22 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

Always fun to revisit that. I love Tom's "I'm booking Blink shows as we speak" excuse (ironic because the final straw was him bailing on a Blink show) and Trav's "You are not the booking agent" reply LOL... Tom can't even bother texting Mark/Trav, or going to practice/rehearse/studio, you really think he was on the phone actively booking Blink gigs? 

I felt then and still feel that Mark/Trav were being 100% honest there. Tom is a control freak who will only work when he feels like it, which is fine if you are a solo act, but when you are in a band with as many moving parts as Blink, it's just impossible.

I would have so much more respect for Tom if he would've just came out and said "My heart isn't with Blink anymore. I don't want to play the same 20 songs to teens every day on the road away from my family. I want to explore other artistic avenues at this point in my life." but he knows that stringing people along is in his best interest.

I'm pretty certain him "booking shows" is not him directly calling up MSG and laying down the groundwork for a tour.

Travis is kind of twisting his meaning. Tom was clearly still interested in playing shows, but recording new music, nah. And after DED, the way Hoppus let him down, I can understand why.

• Like 1

I had my doubts about this whole endeavor, and I think the government is effectively tying it down. Tom's naïve, but I think he thought he could outsource them if he showed the public what was really going on. Horrible day for individual creativity.

1 minute ago, _Kyle_ said:

I'm pretty certain him "booking shows" is not him directly calling up MSG and laying down the groundwork for a tour.

Travis is kind of twisting his meaning. Tom was clearly still interested in playing shows, but recording new music, nah. And after DED, the way Hoppus let him down, I can understand why.

I don't think you're legally allowed to defend Tom in any capacity here. Except for maybe while bashing Jen for being a gold digger. The rules are confusing.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Whales said:

I don't think you're legally allowed to defend Tom in any capacity here. Except for maybe while bashing Jen for being a gold digger. The rules are confusing.

It's the almighty pro-blink-no-matter-what narrative. I understand people are stans for the band, I love them too, but people just go crazy with how they hate anything negative about their gods.

Tom was still interested in blink, in a capital sense. Clearly he was "OUT" from recording. He didn't see the reason why, and you can't make somebody record because the others snap their fingers. I mean you could, but you'd get another DED situation. Clearly Tom is not interested in that. Mark brings up bending over backwards going to California to record with Tom. Well no shit, they weren't going to relocate to Europe for Mark. It's just petty shit like that people eat up and use as proof that Tom is somehow the worst.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

It's the almighty pro-blink-no-matter-what narrative. I understand people are stans for the band, I love them too, but people just go crazy with how they hate anything negative about their gods.

Tom was still interested in blink, in a capital sense. Clearly he was "OUT" from recording. He didn't see the reason why, and you can't make somebody record because the others snap their fingers. I mean you could, but you'd get another DED situation. Clearly Tom is not interested in that. Mark brings up bending over backwards going to California to record with Tom. Well no shit, they weren't going to relocate to Europe for Mark. It's just petty shit like that people eat up and use as proof that Tom is somehow the worst.

As someone who dislikes Feldmann and the new Blink era.........I can tell you unbiased that He is the worst Kyle.

If your job required you to do XYZ, and you signed a contract saying you would, and then you were like "nah, I am just not feeling it I want to go chase aliens instead"

What would happen? You know you'd be fired right? So he got what he deserved. like 110% got what he deserved. He wasn't on the phone booking shows. You can't be serious with that garbage. That is just one of the many lies he has told. He is mentally ill and if we knew even half of what is going on in his current life, Id bet we would see a man who is essentially at the end of his rope and desperately needs to be checked into a facility.

You didn't see the need to record a new Blink album Kyle? So what are you saying? That you saw no need for Blink to be anything other than a tribute band playing Blink shows for a quick dollar? That's really what you wanted?

• Like 1