The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

6 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

I have never understand the first part. So he says they dropped the Angels provision and basically he just had to make a Blink album in 6 months. How does that force him to breach:

-Artist contracts (People he is paying to do work, nothing to do with Blink)
-Authors (People he is paying to do work, nothing to do with Blink)
-Concept Artists (People he is paying to do work, nothing to do with Blink)
-Animators (People he is paying to do work, nothing to do with Blink)

And really all of the above have nothing to do with AVA, other than him needing to slap a music EP with them to boost sales. But once the AVA provision was removed, that stuff has NOTHING to do with Blink, and really shouldn't even take much of Tom's time lol. 

Your second point is bogus, they were searching for a Producer to begin with, and Feldmann came along wayyyy after Tom was gone. 

Amazing that Mark/Trav have side businesses/ventures/guest appearances/producing roles,etc. and yet still have time for Blink... This all comes down to Tom not wanting to work on someone else's schedule and being able to do whatever he wants IMHO. (which is fine, whatever)

Poet Anderson and TTSM is not AVA.

Searching for a producer, not a songwriter. They got a song-writer.

Tom said Mark was only in the studio for 11 days for the last EP. Tom said he did most of the work, but that was okay. Mark was probably on his phone the entire time (corroborated by MCS) and put in little effort. Tom didn't wanna do that again. It is that simple.

1 minute ago, _Kyle_ said:

Ignored? I fucking looked up the specific reason you requested. lol

If I'm such a tombot, why did YOU try to meet him so many times? You stan the fuck out of Tom. Admit it. You even obsessed with his marriage. Talk about a tombot.

These commitments have been in the works for years. Mark and Travis knew this, and it just wasn't going to work out. Tom recanted it, to kick him out is just retaliation.

He never got fired. He was still in the band. Mark probably bought him out.

Yep, you ignored me. You still are ignoring me.

You might need to look up the definition of a tombot, its not a person who likes him, its a person who has his head so far up his ass they ignore reality. That's you. I was never like that. I saw the positives and negatives.

Tom deserved to be removed from Blink, that fact that we are even arguing that point is just so ridiculous I don't even know where to begin.

1 minute ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Yep, you ignored me. You still are ignoring me.

You might need to look up the definition of a tombot, its not a person who likes him, its a person who has his head so far up his ass they ignore reality. That's you. I was never like that. I saw the positives and negatives.

Tom deserved to be removed from Blink, that fact that we are even arguing that point is just so ridiculous I don't even know where to begin.

Who had a signature dedicated to Tom being a druggie for years? Dude it's so obvious you have issues with him. How can you not be impartial. He even met you, and you still hate him.

29 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

So you can imagine my frustration when I was handed a 60-page Blink contract saying I couldn’t release an Angels album for 9 months and that the Blink album had to be recorded in 6 months, which was impossible for me. Doing so would force me to breach several artist contracts. Authors, Concept Artists, Animators... Many people. They did eventually drop the Angels provision, but the part about having to finish a Blink album in 6 months remained. All of these other projects are being worked, exist in contract form– I can’t just slam the brakes and drop years of development, partnerships and commitments at the snap of a finger.

Oh... the I-hate-Tom narrative is strong here. Yeah, Tom felt pressured to drop his entire agenda to do blink, and that was not going to happen. Mark and Travis in turn threw a bitch fit about that and outed him.

Maybe, just maybe, Tom didn't want to work with a guy who needs Feldmann to write his records. Just think about that.

The 6 month period is a bit misleading. Didn't they have like 2 years prior to that period to work on an album? Tom had years to make an effort but instead dragged his feet and prioritized other projects over Blink. That's his fault. 

1 minute ago, Ry-Bread said:

You just made my point. He could've continued doing anything TTS/Poet Anderson related while recording Blink, even if they had kept the AVA provision in there. (Which in all fairness most companies/labels putting up a ton of money are going to make people sign off on non-competition stuff. That is fair for 9 months IMHO). He also pays people to do all of those projects, it's not that time consuming.

2nd point is moot once again, Feldmann came along almost a year after Tom was out. He had nothing to do with it, they had already written a whole album without Tom before even meeting Feldmann lol.

JF coming along proves they were artistically handicapped. Tom knew that and wasn't willing to do DED over again.

He couldn't do all of that while promoting a new blink 182 cycle. Do you know how much work that is? Running several companies along with doing blink, and the heavy lifting of blink.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kvothe said:

The 6 month period is a bit misleading. Didn't they have like 2 years prior to that period to work on an album? Tom had years to make an effort but instead dragged his feet and prioritized other projects over Blink. That's his fault. 

Mark said they had some material, but they had not gotten together or worked on anything as a group. The contact was that they had to deliver the album in six months, or the contract is in violation or maybe even void. So it was basically drop everything and record for a few months and see if you can slap together a record. Tom probably agreed to this and then realized he had too much already committed.

I'm tellin you, if Tom could record and do music, he would. It's basically free money. The easiest way to earn 10 million right there.

5 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

Mark said they had some material, but they had not gotten together or worked on anything as a group. The contact was that they had to deliver the album in six months, or the contract is in violation or maybe even void. So it was basically drop everything and record for a few months and see if you can slap together a record. Tom probably agreed to this and then realized he had too much already committed.

I'm tellin you, if Tom could record and do music, he would. It's basically free money. The easiest way to earn 10 million right there.

The way I interpret it (it's been a while since I read the interviews from Mark/Tom/Travis on what happened) is that they had wanted to record with Tom for a while, and pushed that contract on him as a last ditch effort to motivate Tom to record. If it was just this 6 month period then I would agree, that is unreasonable and too short notice. But since it was about 3 years time altogether, it comes off as being Tom's fault for failing to comply. 

Just now, Kvothe said:

The way I interpret it (it's been a while since I read the interviews from Mark/Tom/Travis on what happened) is that they had wanted to record with Tom for a while, and pushed that contract on him as a last ditch effort to motivate Tom to record. If it was just this 6 month period then I would agree, that is unreasonable and too short notice. But since it was about 3 years time altogether, it comes off as being Tom's fault for failing to comply. 

It was a two year back and forth after DED about labels, producers, etc. Then they signed the contract in December of 2014. Tom said he couldn't do it afterword rather quicky. M&T then break silence in early 2015.

So yeah, it was taking forever, but it also wasn't going to work without Tom doing the heavy lifting. So it didn't work out.

12 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

you can be serious with this......

1 minute ago, Ry-Bread said:

You're trolling. I love how your theory is that the person they couldn't get to do any work for 3 years was somehow terrified of having to pull all the weight. All he had to do was show up in a studio maybe once a month for 3 years and everything would've been fine. 330+ other days in the year where he can Skype someone for 10 minutes to tell them what he thinks Poet should look like.

If you called in sick for 3 years, and then *still* had an offer from your manager where you just had to show up 2-3x a month for the next 6 months and you still refused...your co-workers would want you fired and replaced.

2 years hombre. And that's after he did the heavy lifting on DED.

lol, blink 182 isn't a job. Tom is the boss. Not the same.

1 minute ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

But a guy, with a wife and kids back in California, who leaves his income source, who books hotel rooms in DC with white house views to investigate aliens, is normal?

LOL

You mean when he actually met with Hillary Clinton's campaign manager? That seems pretty normal to me. I mean, for dudes like TD that is.