The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

Just now, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Tom Delonge literally runs a "company" where he plans to build spaceships, time travel, and use telepathy and its $37million in debt not to mention conducted legal theft by deception to bone people out of $2mil.......

Nah, nothing wrong with that picture.

All normal guys!

Not to mention lives in a studio apartment and sleeps on a couch while his wife takes care of his family.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Tom Delonge literally runs a "company" where he plans to build spaceships, time travel, and use telepathy and its $37million in debt not to mention conducted legal theft by deception to bone people out of $2mil.......

Nah, nothing wrong with that picture.

All normal guys!

Wanna talk about what you do in your free time?

25 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

It was a two year back and forth after DED about labels, producers, etc. Then they signed the contract in December of 2014. Tom said he couldn't do it afterword rather quicky. M&T then break silence in early 2015.

So yeah, it was taking forever, but it also wasn't going to work without Tom doing the heavy lifting. So it didn't work out.

This seems like grasping at straws. Everything we have heard from all 3 band members points to Tom "finding it hard as hell to commit." This isn't even factoring in the 2004 breakup which was Tom's fault as well. You don't see a pattern here? 

tom should've quit blink, or at least put blink on hold.

like kyle said, you're comparison doesn't work. Tom's one of the CEO's of that company (blink)

whats weird to me is that it's totally fine that they haven't spoke to tom for months. why?  did they try to ring him regularly and he just didn't pick up?

if it would've been impossible to reach tom, sure as hell mark would've brought that up as well to play the victim card even harder.....

truth is, none of them wanted to collaborate and spend time together for the heck of their friendship, they just wanted to keep blink going because it is the cashcow for all of them...

if you want to hang in a studio with your friend so much, why don't you give him a call?

mark wanted tom out, because he wanted blink to be more active... that's fine. tom didn't want that...and in my opinion that's fine too.... but all three of them got a fucked up way to comunicate with each other so i don't get why tom gets the blame....

so they kicked out tom...hired skiba, noticed they weren't able to function without him, so they got feldman to help write a record that sells.... i'm just mad because in MY opinion, that record sucks, and i hate everything about this band at the moment.

a lot of people like it, an i'm glad they do. it's their right... but i don't like it, and that's my right as well

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

But a guy, with a wife and kids back in California, who leaves his income source, who books hotel rooms in DC with white house views to investigate aliens, is normal?

LOL

i don't get why it gives you such joy that a famous persons life seems to fall apart.

is it because you missed that ava meet and greet while whatching the support band? or because he gave you a cold during their set?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kvothe said:

This seems like grasping at straws. Everything we have heard from all 3 band members points to Tom "finding it hard as hell to commit." This isn't even factoring in the 2004 breakup which was Tom's fault as well. You don't see a pattern here? 

In that three people can't get along? Yes. I do. I think people just interpret things as simplistically as possible. Mostly "Tom = Horrible" and "Blink 182 = Good".

I think there's more nuance that isn't being discussed here. Clearly Tom wasn't focused on one thing, but it wasn't like he was just going out of his way to be horrible like so many here believe. Business is business.

• Like 1

I think there's failings on all 3 sides but ultimately Tom should have just sacked up and been honest with everyone - if he had all these contracts that conflicted with blink, then why sign the one with blink? You don't sign something knowing you bloody well can't deliver.

• Like 3

No, he dropped the ball on that front. But I think he thought he could. Why else would he do that? It would be stupid.

I also think he knows Mark is not one to take "no" for an answer. He's talked about how he would show up to practice and Mark and Travis would start arguing about things, things they've already discussed and gotten over, again and again. I think in a three person dynamic, it's easy to gang up on one, so to speak. So maybe the manager thing is actually better. That way it's just clear. Tom is out.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

In that three people can't get along? Yes. I do. I think people just interpret things as simplistically as possible. Mostly "Tom = Horrible" and "Blink 182 = Good".

I think there's more nuance that isn't being discussed here. Clearly Tom wasn't focused on one thing, but it wasn't like he was just going out of his way to be horrible like so many here believe. Business is business.

I mean, what motive would Travis have to make those comments against Tom? Seriously, I'm curious why he would be calling him disingenuous and where his vested interest is in kicking out Tom - who he seems to actually like outside of the band politics according to his book and upcoming documentary.

The issue is more complicated than people make it out to be for sure, and we only get a small glimpse on what is going on based on the band's lack of progress and the interviews. But based on everything we have heard, dating back to 2004, Tom is the odd man out and is not interested in pushing the band forward but would prefer to tour and make money instead. 

1 minute ago, NealMcBealTheNavySeal said:

well... considering california, tom was the only one pushing blink forward

I meant literally coming up with new material. Tom was too scatter brain and unfocused to devote enough time to Blink to come out with more than 1 album every 5 years. 

3 minutes ago, Kvothe said:

I meant literally coming up with new material. Tom was too scatter brain and unfocused to devote enough time to Blink to come out with more than 1 album every 5 years. 

i prefer 1 album in 5 years that i enjoy over 2 fabricated records that, with different singers i couldn't even tell apart from any other pop punk act

3 minutes ago, Kvothe said:

I mean, what motive would Travis have to make those comments against Tom? Seriously, I'm curious why he would be calling him disingenuous and where his vested interest is in kicking out Tom - who he seems to actually like outside of the band politics according to his book and upcoming documentary.

The issue is more complicated than people make it out to be for sure, and we only get a small glimpse on what is going on based on the band's lack of progress and the interviews. But based on everything we have heard, dating back to 2004, Tom is the odd man out and is not interested in pushing the band forward but would prefer to tour and make money instead. 

Travis is/was mad he pulled out of his festival.

Tom also didn't like the business being dictated to him, and Mark does. Those are the biggest strife that the band has had. Tom eventually became his own man. I think that's what really happened back in the 2002.

Mark works on auto-pilot, and Tom doesn't. It's been that way for a long time.

• Like 1

Just now, NealMcBealTheNavySeal said:

i prefer 1 album in 5 years that i enjoy over 2 fabricated records that, with different singers i couldn't even tell apart from any other pop punk acts

They both have their warts. Tom didn't even collaborate for half of Neighborhoods - it's painfully obvious with the guitar on songs like Hearts All Gone, Kaleidoscope, MH 4.18.2011, etc.. Tom didn't even listen to the final mix. I agree, Tom half-assing an album is still better than California, but let's not pretend that it was even close to what they were capable of.