The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

2 hours ago, Smalls said:

Down is the most boring blink single ever released, closely followed by up all night.

I think thats the other reason I don't care for the example, it's a down right terrible, dull ass song. 

I used to always skip Down and thought it was very boring but now I love that song. 

I think I started to really like it when we covered it a lot with the band I was playing with. It's got a really good vibe to it.

The outro they played at Reading in 2014 was fucking awesome. 

So I just want to say my week was made last night, me and Aria converted semi tombot Speedo. Speedo didn't think Tom was that bad of a person and blamed Mark for a lot of the Blink issues.

Aria told him the entire story and at the end he was like "Oh wow, Tom really is a complete dick".

I wonder how many people who support Tom are unaware of the full story.

• Like 2

It wasn't quite like that, bud. 

I didn't blame Mark for anything other than not throwing Tom out sooner and going along with Tom's bullshit.

I didn't ever pay attention to the behind the scenes nonsense, so I never realized how shitty Tom was being, that's all.

Last night, talking about all of it with you guys and hearing some of the details that I didn't know, I whole-heartedly agree Fuck Tom, dude's a butthole and a waste of time.

I don't think I was really a Tombot before 'cause I never supported his endeavors. I just didn't trash talk him. Outside of WDNTW I haven't liked much of his AVA work and, while I like his songs better than the shit Mark released for Blink after the reunion, its still ALL shit. I didn't LOVE (heh!) the guy, I just figure he is an adult and inclined to do what he wants to do no matter how stupid and nutzo it is. To each their own. I still feel that way, I don't give a fuck about what Tom wants to do ... just keep your vinegar out of my baking soda. Now, last night, well, that provided me with some details about the inner band politics that I didn't know and you guys are right, Tom fucking blows. Which is a shame 'cause I used to look up to the guy.

.... and you guys call ME a sociopath ...

Last night was the first time that I really felt that Tom deserves the flak he gets. It isn't just a guy trying to venture out on his own ... it's a guy who tried to control and manipulate a mind fuck for everyone, including his own band mates, to get his way and he got the shaft in the end for it.

... and he would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for those meddling kids .... AND the fact that he's bordeline village idiot ...

That's the big difference for me, before I never really paid attention but now I realize how shitty of a person Tom is and he's stuck in victim mode and its laughable.

I still think Mark has his faults 1) reacting to Boxcar the way he did. 2) lying for Tom 3) not kicking Tom out sooner. I understand 2 and 3 and I get that he was trying to hold it all together but it wasn't doing any favors for anyone. I do have a little more respect for Mark and Travis though for not completely shit talking and destroying Tom this go around. 

If anything its not that I was converted from a Tombot, its that I became more of a Markbot.

Knowledge is power, mother fucker.

Still don't like +44.

• Like 3

Off topic but I feel I have to chime in. Down is my favorite blink song I find it's music in general and the simple guitar on the first verse the most amazing think I've heard for blink. That guy in the cheetah videos is so cool I wish he still was in blink. So if it's not him I'll take Matt over everyone else.

• Like 2

I went to a local mall with my gf to that LUSH store that sells bath bombs and shit that girls love, one of the girls working there saw my blink shirt and came right up and just asked me "are you going to firefly?" i was like wtf? not expecting it at all and i explained no but im going to the local show and she like she and her MOM are like huge blink fans, although didnt get a chance to hear the new song, are glad tom isnt in anymore after all his shit. I was totally shocked that any of this happened in real life cuz im surrounded by airheads who listen to nothing but TOP 10 radio and rap/ hip hop garbage. it was pretty cool to run into someone who still likes blink and knows somewhat what has been going on.  The event invite on FB for my venue has like 2k people going and 5k interested now, not sure if its for blink or for ATL/ ADTR but the comments are like "HOLY SHIT WE BE GOING" so theres interest. 

• Like 1

Quite late to this party, and I assume it's been discussed already, but all this chatter from Tom about "a couple phone-calls and he'll be back," or "there's still a future with him in blink" is really bothering me. Who the fuck is this dude to just assume that Mark and Travis even fucking want him back?

I miss the old days as much as everyone else, but if Tom's gonna be flaky as fuck then who would ever want him back? I don't look forward to three new Angels and Airwaves albums and "a new movie" with interactive holograms and proof that aliens exist between every single new blink album. I just want the blink album. Jesus. Fuck Tom.

• Like 3

the stupidest, is that delonge will become so, SOOO predictable, all of his next steps, posts and words all of us can write down. this is so funny, because most of people treat him like a stranger, always

and more and more convinced in his inadequate 

shut his mouth and talk with aliens is his head - the best way for him, nothing more