The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

13 hours ago, Olidamus said:

I think Mark really hates Tom, but I am not sure Tom really hates Mark. Breakups always hurt the person who didn't want it to end. Tom was able to be happy without Blink, Mark has been the one who's had to deal with the loss of his friendship and his band.

Yeah, I mean Mark cared more, so his feelings are going to be more powerful on the matter. He loved blink, he put his whole life into it. He clearly tried other areas (the TV show, producing, etc) to bridge the gap and it just didn't cut it. I imagine thats why Mark tried for so long to keep it going and bending over backwards for Tom and his terrible time management and blatant disregard for the band. and its also clearly why he's so happy now. as much as a bunch of us may feel like new blink isn't real blink, it's the closest thing to 'blink' that Mark has had in over a decade. he has music and friendship and fun again. 

• Like 8

Mark is blink for life. Travis just loves playing drums for whoever. Skiba respects blink. Tom on the other hand is the egoistical dude with fantastic ideas that'd work if he'd commit to blink. Terrible time management too like someone stated. He goes on about being too busy with his "art" projects and changing the world, but Travis is just as busy if not more. Tom may love blink but it's not who he is anymore, which I understand. Just never will understand why he kept blink going with a half assed effort. Money obviously, but surely a sane person would be able to tell that half assed efforts will ruin anything. I want him back in blink with his new ideas, but I want him showing commitment and good time management. He's still got the ideas to write great songs IMO so I don't mind that blink would sound like U2 or Coldplay, whatever he's trying to do these days. Just know that they'd work fucking great with Mark & Travis adding input as well as their own songs.

That said, looking forward to Skiba adding more input. Love Alkaline Trio, love the Sekrets. I want more Skiba moments on the next album. Really not a fan of California outside of 5 songs. Blink can do way better than that album with or without Tom IMO.

i don't think Mark hates purely Tom. Mark is the type of a guy who hates quick changes, he needs plenty of time to think about any decision's then he's ready to make a move. Mark mostly hate's the fact that Tom Delonge has challenged or forced him to change his lifestyle. In Mark's head Mark was settled for life this way: make a record, tour, play the same setlist, little rest and all this all over again and again. He thought Tom would do it with him forever. Mark's just doesn't know or doesn't want to do anything else cause he has lost his confidence since Tom left. He need's someone to guide his lazy ass. Tom was the one. Travis and Tom is always active and down to everything, they are not scared. Mark on the other hand just doesn't know what the hell to do with himself. He would rather be pissed at Tom than admit that he can't accept changes and needs to learn something new at life.

• Like 3

Hey, I don't blame Mark if he hates Tom. I'm not on the hate wagon against anyone, but I could understand that hipotetical hate after all the bullshit Tom threw to the band. The only thing both Mark and Travis could have done better is to move on without Tom earlier.

• Like 1

John was right though for the most things he was saying plus he had an awesome solo career so he can't be Tom in that situation! I had never read that letter but he seems like a very down to earth person to think he was in the biggest band of his time. Tom was never that humble since 2003.

Since when did everyone hop on the pretentious Tom wagon.  I've loved Blink since the beginning, but in no way shape or form were Mark & Tom capable of branching off and doing all these spectacular musical acts outside of Blink.  Yes boxcar was fantastic, yes +44 was fantastic, but would those sort of projects really last?  Blink was a punk rock band, it's amazing that they were even able to transform and experiment and stay relevant as much as they did.

Mark is simply just smart. He has his priorities in line, Blink included, and I'm sick of people dogging him for it. He gets hated on for another dude going off the deep end because of some pain killer, ego trip vision. If Tom didn't go off, they would have been able up follow up with Self Titled properly plain and simple.  

There wouldn't be this half ass Neighborhoods album, and there wouldn't be this half ass make up for long lost time California album.  Mark is the BASSIST and singer. How much do you expect, he put everything out there, some of his best personal stuff on California and it still was mediocre all together.  If there wasn't such gaps and hiatus with Blink I don't think there'd ever be complaints on Mark as an artist or his  choice to dedicate to Blink.  HOW DID HE KNOW Tom was never going to change back or go off on this space vision.

Hes trying too hard to make up for lost time with Blink sure but I can't blame him for that and I'll never dog him..I mean he's older now, has a sexy wife and a nice lifesyle, I doubt he wants to start all from scratch at this point on something else, why would he? They were never these experimental artists to begin with.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Nshesaid said:

Since when did everyone hop on the pretentious Tom wagon.  I've loved Blink since the beginning, but in no way shape or form were Mark & Tom capable of branching off and doing all these spectacular musical acts outside of Blink.  Yes boxcar was fantastic, yes +44 was fantastic, but would those sort of projects really last?  Blink was a punk rock band, it's amazing that they were even able to transform and experiment and stay relevant as much as they did.

Mark is simply just smart. He has his priorities in line, Blink included, and I'm sick of people dogging him for it. He gets hated on for another dude going off the deep end because of some pain killer, ego trip vision. If Tom didn't go off, they would have been able up follow up with Self Titled properly plain and simple.  

There wouldn't be this half ass Neighborhoods album, and there wouldn't be this half ass make up for long lost time California album.  Mark is the BASSIST and singer. How much do you expect, he put everything out there, some of his best personal stuff on California and it still was mediocre all together.  If there wasn't such gaps and hiatus with Blink I don't think there'd ever be complaints on Mark as an artist or his  choice to dedicate to Blink.  HOW DID HE KNOW Tom was never going to change back or go off on this space vision.

Hes trying too hard to make up for lost time with Blink sure but I can't blame him for that and I'll never dog him..I mean he's older now, has a sexy wife and a nice lifesyle, I doubt he wants to start all from scratch at this point on something else, why would he? They were never these experimental artists to begin with.

What are you talking about, this place would suck a bucket of shit out of Mark just to see him hash tag Blink life?!

1 minute ago, Speedo said:

Who? @Nshesaid? He said that?

19 hours ago, Nshesaid said:

Since when did everyone hop on the pretentious Tom wagon.  I've loved Blink since the beginning, but in no way shape or form were Mark & Tom capable of branching off and doing all these spectacular musical acts outside of Blink.

43 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Tom posted a cartoon of Trump as a literal piece of shit on Instagram and people in the comments are like "Tom I've been a fan of you for so many years but after seeing this I can't be a fan anymore" LOL

wow. his fans thought he was a trump supporter?