The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

I haven't listened to any of them very much, I remember liking The Wolfpack and maybe a few others, but I also like a few Cali tracks. But I guess my point was that the post-breakup batting averages for Tom and for Blink are pretty equally low in my opinion.

3 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

I haven't listened to any of them very much, I remember liking The Wolfpack and maybe a few others, but I also like a few Cali tracks. But I guess my point was that the post-breakup batting averages for Tom and for Blink are pretty equally low in my opinion.

I agree. I guess im always excited for new Tom music. However, for the first time im not excited for new blink music. 

39 minutes ago, Kay said:

... and Of Nightmares.

Both EPs and Dream Walker are better than California and all previous AVA releases imo. I know I'm alone on that though. 

You're definitely not alone. Lyrically, the songs are about the same level as California I think. They don't make me cringe though, just a few "wtf?" moments. Mercenaries is a fucking tune. It's one of my favourite songs. Love the spacey intro then it turns into an actual punk rock song. It actually leads somewhere. And it actually sounds like a modern blink song too. Tunnels is a nice song. Lyrics are actually decent I think outside of the Johnny come lately line. It's deep and it's a down to earth song from Tom since it's about his dad.

Teenagers + Rituals is decent too. I like how poppy it sounds but he's not pushing the pop sound too much in that song. Wolfpack is ok but I find it boring after the first chorus. The Chasing Shadows EP is definitely interesting to listen too. I like how AVA have been including the blink pop punk/punk rock sound in their recent stuff. Overload is good to listen to. Voyager is a classic AVA sounding song but it sounds punk rock in the chorus, which I love. Chasing Shadows is one of my favourite songs too. Tom's only problem is his lyrics. Like he has a lot of good lines but in the same songs, he has trash lines too. I like to use some of them AVA songs in a blink-182 playlist featuring some DED/Neighborhoods songs. So basically it's my "album" of blink haha.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, prankerd14 said:

Now...

1. Tom didnt go to the studio, he said he was too busy.

2. Travis got feldman in long after musink

3. Tom wrote all those songs like as soon as he first announced he was pretending to write songs for blink.

Probably most of it ava demos ....

4. Mark travis and matt wrote like 30 songs, feldman told them to scrap it because it sounded like a mix between blink and trio and told them to go the california  route...

why would feldman do that though? thats what blink was, a mix of blink and alkaline trio. that's what it should sound like. thats what i expected. what we got was an embarrassment. its not all bad, but as a whole it was a regression.

30 minutes ago, tom18222 said:

why would feldman do that though? thats what blink was, a mix of blink and alkaline trio. that's what it should sound like. thats what i expected. what we got was an embarrassment. its not all bad, but as a whole it was a regression.

Chances are those songs were not that good as is. I imagine it was also part of Feldmann taking control. He didn't want to touch songs that were not written by him, it was not his vision of how Blink should sound.

It was pretty clear that Feldmann wanted to make Blink his own. He basically did the "nah, thats no good, come to my studio and I'll show you how its done".

Yeh. I cant see a future where they ditch Feldmann. He’s Travis’ best bud and a comfort zone for Mark. 

The ONLY scenerio i could imagine is Skiba not getting a creative outlet and says him or me (lol). But maybe its a nice cash grab too for him. Barely does anything, tours the world, gets paid. Win. 

• Like 1

With all this Feldmann talk, we’re forgetting that Blink had signed with a new label, who were nervous about them, probably especially so with Tom gone. They wanted ‘a Blink 182 album’ a la EOTS and TOYPAJ, that’s where Feldmann came in. He’s ‘the hitmaker’ who follows the template. All this BS about Travis hitting him up is probably rubbish, I’d say they were told where to go.

Travis even kept saying in interviews before they released it how they ‘made a Blink album’. So...power chords, ‘fun’ and joke songs.

I wouldn’t expect much deviation on the next one. Cali was commercially successful, in fact so much so that it surprised their label, so they will want more of the same.

• Like 1

@SimonSinick Nah we’ve been through this theory before but Trav said they didn’t pick a label until after the record was finished, and they’ve both reiterated the “Feldy hit me up and told us to come work on a song and it went so well we scrapped everything and wrote 30 songs in a month” many times. 

10 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

@SimonSinick Nah we’ve been through this theory before but Trav said they didn’t pick a label until after the record was finished, and they’ve both reiterated the “Feldy hit me up and told us to come work on a song and it went so well we scrapped everything and wrote 30 songs in a month” many times. 

Im pretty sure his daughter said something. Maybe it was in marks podcast or kroq interview. 

14 hours ago, Nosferatu said:

Based on the verses and pre-chorus of Hey I'm Sorry, I have a hard time believing the pre-Feldman songs were crap.

I love that song so much. First time I heard it post listening to Cali a ton I couldn't believe how much better it was. Even my girlfriend, who doesn't generally care for pop punk/Blink beyond what I've introduced her to, said it sounded better than the rest of the record.

• Like 2

Travis initially brought up Feldman to Mark in that story. Feldmann didn’t reach out. They just sent feldmann some of the songs they were working on for advice initially. But then feldmann didn’t like them and suggested they come in to work on a song in his studio, and then they ended up working on thirty songs.

54 minutes ago, NotNow said:

Travis initially brought up Feldman to Mark in that story. Feldmann didn’t reach out. They just sent feldmann some of the songs they were working on for advice initially. But then feldmann didn’t like them and suggested they come in to work on a song in his studio, and then they ended up working on thirty songs.

This was after Feldmann slid into Trav's DMs... then Trav brought it up to Mark. It was all apart of the grand weasel scheme of Feldys.