The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

Really sad to read this all. I think we all knew that Tom has some serious mental issues. To hear that Jen seems to have left him really bums me out though. I always thought he was a lovely husband and a great dad. I hope he is ok.

Also, I don't buy that Mark part. Just because someone loves wine, it doesn't mean he is an alcoholic. But who knows anyway...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

So people that have been slating Tom for years also say he is mentally unwell/unstable and needs help....doesn't that make you a bit of an arsehole for saying so many horrible things about him then?

No, it means we were kind of right?

We don't know if any of this is true, this is a rumour by some guy we don't know who happened to have some early music. as for Jen leaving him it's still a guess, no hard proof. he could be totally fine for all we know.

But we've seen for years that he seems off the rails, and we've pointed it out. I don't see how that makes anyone an asshole. 

• Like 1

Yeah I don't think Mark is an alcoholic, and I'm not sure on the family treatment thing (wouldn't surprise me at all), but he hasn't worn a wedding ring in 8+ months which is definitely something in regards to his marriage - which is where this convo all started.

I really don't think he is mentally ill, I think he's just stubborn, naive, and hard to deal with.

The last three pages have been so fucking stupid.
"Man, so sad to read all of this, but now everything seems so obvious. Look at all these pictures, it says it all......."

All of this fucking shit is random speculation by fans and nothing else, how fucking bored are you guys? There is literally   no direct evidence for any of this, except for again - SPECULATION. So fucking dumb. Do any of you guys know alcoholics? I imagine many of you do, and Mark if anything is a functioning alcoholic at the very worst - because there is absolutely no signs of it otherwise. No physical signs, no mannerisms, DEFINITELY not the work ethic signs - insane. 

The Tom stuff however, I completely think is at the very least, viable speculation. A lot of evidence for the possible separation, and the craziness. It's not a surprise - though with that being said, Jenn just posted a instagram story being with Shon (Tom's brother), which sort of blows all this speculation out of the water too. Which is another reason why this discussion is pretty dumb.

Especially the Mark stuff.

2 minutes ago, Mau5 said:

Do any of you guys know alcoholics? I imagine many of you do, and Mark if anything is a functioning alcoholic at the very worst - because there is absolutely no signs of it otherwise. No physical signs, no mannerisms, DEFINITELY not the work ethic signs - insane. 

Agreed. Kind of a side note, but I feel like many times when alcohol gets brought up here, people seem to have a warped view of it. Maybe not many people here drink regularly and that's 100% fine! But it's treated so taboo by people here sometimes. And I say that as someone who has lost several friends after they went off the rails with alcoholism, it fucking sucks. But drinking moderately is a completely fine and normal thing for an adult to do. If Mark has some wine every night, or even likes to throw on a drunk every now and then (which, let's be honest, we have no evidence of whatsoever), big deal! He's a responsible 46 year old man who is ultra successful and seems to have an incredible family life. I just can't see anything that points to him being an alcoholic.

• Like 1

Just now, Champ182 said:

Agreed. Kind of a side note, but I feel like many times when alcohol gets brought up here, people seem to have a warped view of it. Maybe not many people here drink regularly and that's 100% fine! But it's treated so taboo by people here sometimes. And I say that as someone who has lost several friends after they went off the rails with alcoholism, it fucking sucks. But drinking moderately is a completely fine and normal thing for an adult to do. If Mark has some wine every night, or even likes to throw on a drunk every now and then (which, let's be honest, we have no evidence of whatsoever), big deal! He's a responsible 46 year old man who is ultra successful and seems to have an incredible family life. I just can't see anything that points to him being an alcoholic.

haha, glad I'm not the only one who has noticed this. Maybe it's another midwest thing?

People act like having a drink makes you a heroine addict around here sometimes. It's a major culture shock for me

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ghent said:

haha, glad I'm not the only one who has noticed this. Maybe it's another midwest thing?

People act like having a drink makes you a heroine addict around here sometimes. It's a major culture shock for me

haha phew I thought I was the only one! I first noticed it when Tom was drunk at a lot of shows during the reunion and stuff and people were up in arms like "WOW he's so weak that he needs to drink alcohol before a show!" or something, and I remember being confused. I didn't know drinking was looked down upon around here, especially for a rock star who has been hilariously drunk during classic moments in his career. I love to have some drinks before playing shows too, it's fun! Haha

• Like 1

My father is an alcoholic. he drinks heavily every single and has done for as long as I can remember. I don't see how that's healthy, but every day he gets up, he goes to work, and functions totally normally. outside of his weight he doesn't look anything like an alcoholic, but he can't not drink heavily of an evening, he gets shakes. He is an alcoholic, and you can be an alcoholic without showing.

However, there's zero evidence Mark is one. I just wouldn't struggle to believe it if there was evidence. 

• Like 1

It was my impression a long time ago that mark was an alcoholic in the early days of blink. So he stopped drinking. The golden years of blink he was sober.

he def started drinking and smoking again during the hiatus.

from what I understand is that once you are an diagnosed alcoholic, you always are an alcoholic. Even if you haven’t had a drink in years.

I'm no doctor or expert, but generally I would think being an alcoholic means you abuse alcohol because you think you need it to function, or that you drink so much that it destroys your life and relationships. I don't know whether Mark has ever been addicted or needed alcohol to get through a day, but it definitely has never seemed to take over and affect his life and relationships negatively.

There isn't much to go off of since we obviously don't know him haha but I kinda trust what I've seen with my own eyes over the word of one mysterious poster who might or might not be semi-close to Tom. Obviously being secretive is a big part of being an addict, but so are things like risky behavior and volatile personality, and shitting on responsibilities. I don't think any of things remotely describe Mark haha the guy has been solid as a rock for 20 years.

• Like 1

Thanks for reaching back out! Still no clue if this guy is fully legit or not but the "Sober being Mark's version of Wishing Well" doesn't really compute in my mind. This is Mark's verse:

She undressed and we stumbled downstairs
Fell on to the table as the neighbors just stared
We laughed out loud and smashed their lights
Digging with our hands in the dirt outside
And she dragged me to the edge of town
And she slapped me, then she pulled me down
I can do bad and you can do better
Spending all night getting lost together

And this is what he said about it at some point (it was on genius dot com with the lyrics): "And the second verse of that song is a fantasy story. It doesn’t exist, but it’s kind of like a Sid and Nancy romance: two lost souls who only have one another, and they’re kind of lost in the world."

Maybe him and his wife got super fucked up one night and had an "I'm too old for this shit" realization in the morning or something? The song seems to be more nostalgic and wistful than some sort of apology or something though. I don't know, interesting conversation!

I still think it's extremely weird for someone to be that close with current Tom AND current Blink AND be just fine pouring out Blink leaks/secrets to randos on a Blink board out of the gate. Meh. It would be absolutely hilarious if "Sober" was the most honest song from the Feldy Factory, given that's it's the cheesiest of them all.

1 hour ago, Ghent said:

I wonder if Jen ditched him before or after the TTS Academy scam. I would bet there is a relationship between the two events

After, late November/Early December of last year is when the split appears to have happened. It was a month after the Rogan interview though... lol. She's also on plenty of documents in the "legal corporation trust stuff" he wrote into the TTSA master plan, so they were definitely together when TTSA came together originally. Whether or not that has been modified by now I do not know, but I thought divorce papers were made public which is why I suspect they are just "separated" currently.

• Like 1